Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: When does the grind end?

I guess your expectations are different than mine. I would never expect to reach end game in 2 months. I am a casual player, maybe 2-3 hours per day on average. It took me 1 year and 3 months to hit 190. That is with no lixes before level 100 and lixes used sparingly until over 150, but I did have plenty of help along the way. I have played other MMO's, some I reached endgame, some I didn't. But regardless there was always some grinding to get there. I know I have no interest in playing a game where every noob can reach endgame in a few months.

In terms of money, I spend about as much per month as I did in subscriptions for other games.
Gibble Warrior level 217
Resurgence
Taunt early, Taunt often.

The grind will never end because OTM will never update IOS. They only focus on android now and they figure screw IOS, at least thats how it seems to many. People are leaving the game in droves on ios and they could care less. They have lied to us for months about this mythical update. Come on OTM, its faster to build an aircraft carrier and launch it, then send it around the globe.

The correct idiom is "couldn't care less", because if you have no interest already, then you can't have less than none.
But if you could care less, that means there is "some" interest.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

The grind will never end as long as their focus is to keep players paying for xp elixirs and killing the same mobs over and over and over and over...

Very few games have open ended levels, those who have good end-game design have a level cap in place. But since CH offers nearly nothing, the only thing they can do is make higher level mobs. I don't know if Update 5 is the messiah everyone is waiting for. Mounts and Crafting isn't really for everyone. I certainly didn't level to 200 just so I can make a pair of boots.
Agree with all this, a level cap would be a great idea, but I cannot see it happening and that is unfortunate because grinding for level as the main thing to do will ultimately kill the game. 4 years into the game and we only have 4 end game bosses. Only 3 of those offer a challenge to those who have spent all this time grinding away to 200, so not really hard to see why people are completely bored with where we are right now.

Sure I was excited to get to 200, but if I have to grind away killing the same mobs over and over again to get to 300 with not much else to offer, I am fairly confident that I will not be the only one who is going to seek out something else to spend my time and entertainment dollars on.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

The grind will never end because OTM will never update IOS. They only focus on android now and they figure screw IOS, at least thats how it seems to many. People are leaving the game in droves on ios and they could care less. They have lied to us for months about this mythical update. Come on OTM, its faster to build an aircraft carrier and launch it, then send it around the globe.
People complain of how overcrowded ios servers are, but yet when people leave its a horrible thing. Be unselfish and realize that android is bug filled and laggy. Not to mention the fact that no-one has even heard of necro hardly.
What is posted above may or may not be valid.

People complain of how overcrowded ios servers are, but yet when people leave its a horrible thing. Be unselfish and realize that android is bug filled and laggy. Not to mention the fact that no-one has even heard of necro hardly.
Even bugger reason why you guys should not have been released all content at once. You wont kill necro for at least another 2 years 1 1/2 years .
Pdizz
Warrior
Morrigan
Clan Avalon

Hard cap and parallel content are the way to go. There are many players that have been around for a while. Those are the ones that you want to stick around because word of mouth is always going to be the best selling point for a game. A player who tells a friend that they are going to have to either spend a lot of time or a ton of money just to have to keep doing the same isn't likely to convince their friend to play.

Playing through v2 when plat wasn't a necessity and lux was a luxury is when I became addicted. In all honesty, I don't know if I would get hooked of I started now.
Beware the chickens, they are duplicitous.