Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ranger Vs Rogue!

Ranger has always been competition with rogue until carrow when the new skills were introduced and widened the gap between dps. Obviously rangers that have always gotten kills are going to be upset when rogues get a huge buff and rangers are left in the dust. We have the exact same dl stats and I think rangers should be considered ranged dps class nearly equal to rogues. I would be fine with rangers being slightly weaker dps if all of our skills worked correctly. Skills. That's the only reason rogues are supreme dps x10. Rangers have needed a significant skill buff for over a year now...? Also I've suggested altering a few ranger skills to balance the game a bit. Like changing barbed shot into a poison arrow skill. I mean, isn't that what every other game uses?
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

I think we should just make ranger superior to all classes.
No even better. We'll take out every class except ranger. We'll give them tons of armour, dmg, and healing, maybe even give them some magic abilities.

In al seriousness, rangers are meant to be the way they are now (they need a skill buff thats apparent). But why the hell would i make a rogue, a pure dps class, if i can just make a ranger who can lvl easier, boss easier, have more dps, can heal, can bolas.....then what would b the point of rogues if rangers do the exact same dmg? Im gonna save up some gold to make a ranger just in case lol.

Could quite agree with that, except for the skills.
Rogues have only damage orientated skills, while rangers have support skills. Id take bolas over any sort of rogue skill that I have.
Reflex and life steal combo is better, can you bolas mobs in crowded training rooms? If you want to die then its a good idea. Resto pots nullifies any advantage light heal gives to rangers anyway.
I see that argument, but I've played a ranger and when i was confronted with the problem of a very crowded room, i would get the aggro of one mob, bolas it, and then move a little farther away and kill it from a slight distance. This works in pretty much every room. Also, rangers have camo skills which allows them not to be noticed by mobs thus making bolas only gain the aggro of one mob.

Rangers have skills that help the whole group, such as sharpen weapons. This allows every person in the group to have a big boost in there damage.

Rangers also can substitute for a tank in some cases if there are not enough druids available. They just bolas and no one can steal the aggro very easily. A rogue can also tank, but they need a few druid whereas a ranger doesnt need any druids.
The thing is, bolas can be evaded as well, and you cant slow an enemy down to death :|
This is a problem that rangers have. Im no expert with rangers, but I read around in the rangers forum and I am quite sure if one raises their dex, the chance if bolas landing is increased. Also, 2-3 rangers casting bolas constantly should keep a boss at all times bolased.
Have questions? Click this sentence!
Click this. I dare you. Bet you wont.
Find me on Herne - Darkeice
Or on Balor - MisterWiskers
▼Please do this▼
Cross Platform!

Rangers - Attack from a distance
Rogues - Attack at melee range

2-1
Bolas is not as great as people think in pvp. You cast it and it only last 7 seconds. By time you get some distance and start attacking again. The rogue will be right on you again.
CROM
Level 204 ranger - Mclovin69
Level 153 rogue - Mclover

Could quite agree with that, except for the skills.
Rogues have only damage orientated skills, while rangers have support skills. Id take bolas over any sort of rogue skill that I have.
Reflex and life steal combo is better, can you bolas mobs in crowded training rooms? If you want to die then its a good idea. Resto pots nullifies any advantage light heal gives to rangers anyway.
I see that argument, but I've played a ranger and when i was confronted with the problem of a very crowded room, i would get the aggro of one mob, bolas it, and then move a little farther away and kill it from a slight distance. This works in pretty much every room. Also, rangers have camo skills which allows them not to be noticed by mobs thus making bolas only gain the aggro of one mob.

Rangers have skills that help the whole group, such as sharpen weapons. This allows every person in the group to have a big boost in there damage.

Rangers also can substitute for a tank in some cases if there are not enough druids available. They just bolas and no one can steal the aggro very easily. A rogue can also tank, but they need a few druid whereas a ranger doesnt need any druids.
The thing is, bolas can be evaded as well, and you cant slow an enemy down to death :|
This is a problem that rangers have. Im no expert with rangers, but I read around in the rangers forum and I am quite sure if one raises their dex, the chance if bolas landing is increased. Also, 2-3 rangers casting bolas constantly should keep a boss at all times bolased.
So you are saying rangers should use bolas, camo and light heal which means they are good? That leaves what, 2 actual damage skills that can be maxed? Rogues can incorporate life steal into their builds without a massive loss of dps because not only does it heal, but it does poison damage and rarely misses.

The fact of the matter is rogues are the most popular end game class because they are the most balanced, other classes are severely lacking.
Ph.D. in Broscience
Level 10+ in all classes
Veteran player - playing since 2014
Recruit
50+ in all stats

Round 3-Arsenal

... Rogues can use all of their skills except sneaky attack while using a spear.
Only a rogue with DL offhand - rondel, can use sneaky attack while using a spear. Im not sure about assasinate since i havent had this skill (cause its sucks and im lazy to collect the pages). But rogues without rondel cant use assasinate with a spear too.

Round 3-Arsenal

... Rogues can use all of their skills except sneaky attack while using a spear.
Only a rogue with DL offhand - rondel, can use sneaky attack while using a spear. Im not sure about assasinate since i havent had this skill (cause its sucks and im lazy to collect the pages). But rogues without rondel cant use assasinate with a spear too.
no, sneaky doesn't work if mainhand is a spear
assassinate does
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Round 3-Arsenal

no, sneaky doesn't work if mainhand is a spear
assassinate does
There is a glitch where you can sneaky with mordy spear if you have dl offhand equipped.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter