Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Inventory (backpack) needs improvement, and your ideas!

Hello all,

As the game continues to develop there has become a wider range of gear available to use. which brought about swapping your gear per fight. which led me to find out that i believe our current inventory or backpack system needs adjustment or modification. The few drawbacks i encounter are:

1) it takes a while to to get your inventory(press up left corner, screen pops up, then click inventory.) this results in alot of dead time where you cannot physically see your characters state of being.
2) The use of the 3 tabs, Armor, Weapons, Inventory. This takes an even longer time to get all your entire gear for a certain fight together.
3) The whole structured form of the inventory, or rather how it is strucutred in slots rather than an open free bag where you can choose to place certain items.

I believe when pvp gets introduced this will become an even bigger issue.I will want too swap armor sets and weapons out as frequently and as easily as possible to gain an advantage.

I want to know what everyones thoughts are on this subject? Is the backpack fine the way it is? should it be an onscreen bag that you can move around freely around the screen. and make the inventory free to move in the backpack so you can arrange sets and certain weapons together? or something that you have been thinking about that may be worth bringing up???

Thanks and Happy Hunting

Re: Inventory (backpack) needs improvement, and your ideas!

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I'd be interested to hear what people think also.

In the update we have added the ability to organise your items by dragging them around, and the order is saved for next time you play, so that is one slight improvement to the usability.

On the other hand there are now 3 more buttons for equipment, jewellery and fashion items so the whole page has got more complicated.

Thanks!

Lol des!
Go like the game on facebook... Share it on twitter... Take the platinum and buy more backpack space. Job done. Or spend the $5 and buy some platinum. You're getting your money's worth with the game... Think about the cost of hiring a DVD from the shop vs the amount of time you spend on this free game! Total worth supporting the makers! Not that im a big buyer of plat :)

I think what you might be hinting at is a button that swaps your items out fast... Maybe swap your sword/shield to your wintering hammer with the push of a button? Sounds great for warriors... Not much use for any other class that I can see... Oh! A rogue could swap from high power wep to fast wep to interrupt a spell...

No use for Druid Mage or ranger from what I can see...

And I can't really see any advantage in swapping armour quickly like that... In pvp ud already be wearing your magic res wolf helm at the start of the fight vs a Druid... Etc... And you'd surely only have your best armour for in a fight unless you're playing around with connocht or whatever sets...

I have no issue with the bag staying as is... Yes it's a little hard getting to it, but it's hard to get to all the things on that screen... We all deal with it I see no reason to change
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

thank you all for your input!

My main character is a ranger and i find that i am switching my gear throughout a fight wheather its winterking bow for metoric bow; a resist neck, a dmg neck, or rejuve neck, and/or resist armor vs metoric armor. Right now it is manable because we are only fighting one boss at at time.

I think in a pvp situation, where you will be fighting multiple enemies with a variety of different strengths and weakensses, switching all of these will become of even greater importance.

Admin I am pleased to hear what the current implemention of being able to move gear to where you want and its saved, that was one of the major concerns i had. Good work and thanks for the response.

Thanks and Happy Hunting!

A quick swap would be nice. I'm actually swapping armor on my Druid all the time while testing pvp (defense vs offense). But ATM it does take Quite long to get to the inventory page. Maybe add a button that lets you see your armor and if u click on an armor item it rotates? Something along those lines would be cool.
Selene (Mage) 134 | Xellaya (Druid) 110
Clan: Uskoci
World: Arawn