Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is iOS version dead?

^ Is it really that tough to understand? If you remember the Beta for Update 4, it was a closed beta to less than a hundred people. But on Android, it is pretty much an open Beta, so everyone can test it out and have thousands of people providing feedback.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

^ Is it really that tough to understand? If you remember the Beta for Update 4, it was a closed beta to less than a hundred people. But on Android, it is pretty much an open Beta, so everyone can test it out and have thousands of people providing feedback.
Regardless of how much testing they do on Android, there will still be issues that need fixed when they release for IOS. They still haven't given us any detail or timelines.
Queefmagnet 190+ Rogue Danu

Regardless of how much testing they do on Android, there will still be issues that need fixed when they release for IOS. They still haven't given us any detail or timelines.
Deadlines actually make people come to a finishing point on time, or faster. If they set a dead line for themselves, they could take it more seriously, and actually let us know when what is coming out and get things done faster.

I think the Android Beta testing is fine and it makes sense, but they need to give us dates as you say.
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS

Timelines are never met for iOS Queef you know that lol, as I've stated expect anything new to iOS around 2015
Rogue 213
Mage 190
Druid 190
Ranger 154

Broscientist, how many times have we actually heard that? Come on dude, your trying to look or act intelligent by saying "it may be hard for some to understand" LMAO!!!! Get over yourself dude. Your opinion matters as much as anyone elses on here,and I'm not trying to make you look like a complete idiot so how about a little respect? I'm sure your a very intelligent 12 yr old boy, so lets leave it at that

No. There beta teting on Android becuase its much easier. When its ready it will release for IOS with little to none bugs ;)
Considering the current version still has a ton of bugs I don't see the new one being much different.
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

Broscientist, how many times have we actually heard that? Come on dude, your trying to look or act intelligent by saying "it may be hard for some to understand" LMAO!!!! Get over yourself dude. Your opinion matters as much as anyone elses on here,and I'm not trying to make you look like a complete idiot so how about a little respect? I'm sure your a very intelligent 12 yr old boy, so lets leave it at that
Why is it so hard for you to understand the concept "two birds with one stone"?

It's really hard to take you seriously with your wording, LMAO is much more disrespectful than whatever Bro said (which was nothing).
Pointing out he is 12 years old with no facts is irrational, especially if you don't even complete your words.

All in all: Gaurdog = Empty words
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS

Not necessarily.

I think OTM is trying its best to parallel the contents of the Android version with the iOS version, so the Android folks don't get anxious about iOS getting more content (since this game started as iOS)

So I believe they are currently full steam on getting everything we have here in iOS onto the Android version (which I hope shouldn't be difficult, somewhat Ctrl+C Ctrl+V, right? Correct me if I'm wrong).

After they finished loading all those stuff we have on iOS, they should be back on working for next update. This time in parallel (iOS AND Android simultaneously) so Android players doesn't get to hype because iOS got the update first.

Is iOS version dead? This is so far off, man.

This is a complete exaggeration. These "quitters" are just putting the game on pause until the new engine. Really think "many people" would just abandon a game they have spent literally weeks or months on in total? Maybe one or two, but people who make it to endgame are usually smart enough to know not to quit. A break or a pause for a new addition is fine. I assure you iOS will have more players than Android ever will.
Ace, there's a LOT of people quitting. maybe they come back, but based on what i've seen, they aren't.

unfortunately, i think OTM shoots themselves in the foot on every update because they've taken so long to get to the point, they feel some obligation to provide some freebie or bonus (ie double plat, double xp, doubled xxxxx), which allows people to quickly burn thru the new content and get to end game bosses.

there were people in rosmerta that went from 150-160 to 180 in less 2 days.. which sounds crazy, but with 4x lix, endless plat, endless pots, it was quite easy. these clannies then started setting up DL bosses. and within a month, it was down to the same process as the OW update... wake up, grind on same ol' mobs, wait for DL bosses, grind more..

The end content is incredibly bland to be honest. There's so little variety in the games drops (let me rephrase, plenty of variety, just all in the bad sort...), with items that would be great for 20-30 levels BELOW the actual item level requirement, that the ONLY game in town is to kill DL bosses for the DL gear. Add in Mord and Hrung and Necro, and that's it. There's maybe one or two other non-quest items worth getting (troll bracelets, and.. um.. oh, aggy brace), and that's it...

So a month into the game, we were already back in the grind. and noone likes a grind. now, MONTHS and MONTHS later, we are STILL in the grind. Nothings changed. People are bored. They are playing COD or other games where there is some variety. And yes i believe people will quit, regardless of investment. I know people that have spent $1000+ on game, and quit. At some point, the return on your investment plateaus, and it's when you realize that the end game content and style of play NEVER changes. Since Stonevale, the game is identical. go kill falgren, get dragons. OW, go kill Lava, get lions. Carrow, go kill troll, get crowns.

Variety is the spice of life.
Roguish Warrior, or Warrish Rogue
Rogue 194, Warrior 176, Druid 112, Ranger 111, Mage 100, Bank 71