Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The other world

Hi guys,

Now I know it has been said in the past that the new area will be for level 80+ only.
Bit I have been looking around Danu recently and I am a bit worried that there are not a huge amount of Druids that are over level 80.
Other classes yes, but not Druids.
Now if we need Druids for bosses in stonevale at the moment and they can't come to the new area, what will happen.

I now it takes longer to level Druids, so should it be any level get in or strictly 80+?
Obviously I might be a bit out of touch with the requirements for the area.

Thanks
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Re: The other world

The current plan is to add a quest to access the zone rather than a level limit - so as long as the druid can finish the quest that should be fine.

Thanks!
Don't you run a real risk "bottlenecking" the entire endgame player base who are trying all to complete this quest at the same frenzied time?

I mean don't get me wrong, after the initial round of everyone waiting to enter the OtherWorld gets processed it will probably work out great, but I might suggest to let 80+ into the OtherWorld and then patch the quest after the stampede.

If not you are going to have like 40 ppl every hour waiting to camp Falgren or whatever boss or mob drops the quest. And lots of people are going to be very angry, frustrated and KS'ing will be out of control.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Hi yes that's a good point, we'll have to make sure it's not a bottleneck type quest!

Or patch it in before the update so the current high players can finish the quest before the update launches.

Any of those sound like a good solution?

Please, do not make this a new quest. If you are dead set on making the new area quest accessable rather than hero lvl i really hope you make the quest one that high lvl players have already finished. The stonevall boss quest seems to be an obvious choice. Just think of how cutthroat everyone gets over a useless snowman or pumpkin helmet during the event patches. Now take that greed and impatience over something new and multiply it by 100, thats how bad it will be if we have to complete a quest to get there. Im not asking for it to be easy to get there, but i dont define "hard" as struggling through hundreds of players that are camping a spawn point to kill some mob thats required for a quest. To me thats just plain annoying.
[

Yea, having new quest to do at high lvl even before the launch of the update sounds perfect. Our world is so crowded that this would relieve some of the pressure off the normal mobs as well as the bosses for a time. Especially if these quests would take some time to complete.
Thanks for listening to your players!
Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)

Hi yes that's a good point, we'll have to make sure it's not a bottleneck type quest!

Or patch it in before the update so the current high players can finish the quest before the update launches.

Any of those sound like a good solution?
Either is a good solution.

I think a too easy quest might work against you as well, since the zone should be an accomplishment based thing. But perhaps only give the quest out to lvl 70+ players who have completed the basic Warden Gear/Weapon quests? And then yes, patch it in a few weeks prior to update to give people time to prepare for it.

Perhaps you could tie the quest to the "Frostroot" mobs, since they appear to come from a different world.. That way the frag bosses or Red bosses would be out of the loop for players still trying to get their warden or meteoric gear.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

I think finishing the Evil in Stonevale quest and a level 70 limit to get the new quest (which could be as easy as talking to an NPC who says "You are ready for Otherworld now") should be good enough.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

IT could also be to either do the quest or be lvl 80+ to access otherworld.
Releasing the quest a bit earlier would also be good.
BUT this would only be good if account banks r made because how would we get our lvl 10 bank to otherworld?
Chiron-lvl 190 Bolgslayer and Wyrmfighter, enthusiastic camper

I am 100% for a quest to access the otherworld, but like restriction for the warden quest, and the upgrade quest... A restricted level quest.

Honestly :

To get access to the warden quest, you need to be 50

To get access to the upgrade weapon and armor quest, you need to be 60

so to access to the otherworld quest (which is an area dedicated only to high levelers ranging from 80 to 130) It should be a real reward, and restricted to level 80 players.

Currently druid is a class very hard to level, yes, but it won't be the case anymore after version 3 and their new caster damage effect acting similarly as melee for warrior or ranger.

THIS NEW AREA should be cleaned of all bothering noobs or players who have nothing to do but hanging around and harassing us with invite or asking for a place in group shouting constantly : "please plzzzz plezaa please pzzz i need for quest pzzzlzz plzzaaa" instead of leveling their asses up.

To prevent the bottleneck effect, yes a patch asap would be cool before version 3, because now after upgrading fully my three alternative characters... i am just playing to get gold to buy new stuff in version 3.... And it is quite boring !
SHADOWKRAR : Warrior 182 Full Glacial
S007 : Rogue 182 Full Glacial / Full Radiant
SHADOWSNIPPER : Ranger 72 Full Meteroric
World : Lugh
Clan : Chieftain of BERSERKERS clan