Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage Spell

Okay, so i have been thinking, and i think there should be more spells for mages such as non-combat spells. You have to remember that this is pretty much a wizard, and when i think of a wizard, i dont only think of combat. So if anyone has any ideas for non combat spells for mages, please post on here and maybe we can give admin some ideas on how to boost mages popularity. :)
Axiom
Maclir101 - Warrior 224 (Retired)
Feared - Mage 222 (Active)
Citizen of Rosmerta since 2011 Samhain

Re: Mage Spell

Hi there, I'd like to hear anyone's ideas about this as well.

Someone asked for an ice freeze spell that can be used to freeze enemies. A frozen enemy would not be able to move, cast or attack for a period of time unless they take damage.

This would give mages a very useful non-damage spell that would make them very valuable in groups also.

Opinions welcome.

Thanks!

I am quoting this from a portion of something I wrote in the feedback and suggestions/MAGE!! thread which relates.

The fighter is the basic class that all other classes use as a comparative standard. It represents brute force, the tank, hit and be hit. The mage is more subtle. If Aragorn goes up against Gandalf who wins? King Arthur vs Merlin? It is assumed the mage does but why. It is the subtlety of magic that uses tactics and wisdom instead of brawn. Celtic Heros has placed the Mage in a position to be the weakest of classes at all levels mainly because the tools at the mages disposal are all brute force skills. Most of the suggestions have been made by players that are using a mage like a fighter in robes. As a Marine I learned that there are 3 ways to win a war, Attrition –kill them before they kill you; Logistics – remove their ability to fight; Moral – remove their will to fight. All the skills are restricted to attrition. There are no Logistical or Moral attacks at all. Think of the power of the most simple spells in AD&D. A web spell so the opponents are stuck in place prime targets for any distanced attack. Or a simple one word Command “puke”. How can a fighter attack if he is involuntarily puking for a round and after when his full faced helm is full of vomit obscuring his vision? May I suggest a few more tactical spells.

Web – basic area effect be stuck to one spot

Speed – Ok I can’t wear armor and carry a big sword but that means I am light and nimble. Can I at least get additional whacks a round with my toothpick while I am waiting for my spell to recover (# based on skill level and Dex which would bring Dex back into play for a wizard).

Energy Drain – Steal energy from your opponent. It should act like a bandage wounds with the full energy coming from the opponent and half of it coming to you. It would by definition use no endurance so it should be a slow recover.

Telekinesis – Imagine starting your attack by sending in your wand first as an inanimate weapon attacking by itself for X seconds depending on skill level. The opponent would be swinging at air completely distracted by this not too much damage mosquito while you fireball from a distance. Once it disappeared (returned to you) you would be the target of the aggressor. Even if they have been attacking you, it would provide a little additional damage. Levels can permit multiple hits per round or provide a greater chance of interrupting those spell casters from getting one off on you. Other variants: summon, familiar(pet)

Mirror Images – Provide (1-10 based on skill level) copies of yourself for the aggressor to attack reducing your chances of being hit. Nothing levels the playing field like not knowing where your target is. Other variants: Flash/Darkness/Blindness/Invisibility

Shield Spells
Fire - (have that already; does damage)
Ice - Drains Energy from attacker and gives it to me (fire and ice do not Cancel)
Missile - % chance based on level of ranged attacks missing
Damage Reflection – The attacker takes % of the damage he just gave (5% per skill level)
Armor - X amount of damage resistance or defense for 30 sec
Antimagic shield - reduces damage taken from magical attacks

Phase Shift – Become incorporeal. You cannot interact with the physical world at all. It allows you to recover while you are still engaged in the combat so long as you stay close by and don’t wander off. You can walk through walls or across water. You can cast it on someone else like the opponent to remove them from combat while the whole group recuperates. If you really want to take it to another level, consider incorporeal beings attacking each other. Cast on a Fighter to put him incorporeal so he can fight other incorporeal things like ghosts. That would open up opportunities for special weapons and modification spells to affect the incorporeal world.

Illness – Limits the opponent’s offensive and defensive ability as well as energy for X seconds. Other variants: Trip, Slow,

General concept – every magical item available had to be made by a magic user. We should have access to those abilities.

Mental abilities – Lets just not go there for now, but a stun would be the simplest form
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I like the ideas papi, they are truly creative thats for sure! What i would also like to see is what admin suggested, when you freeze an opponent. But when you freeze this opponent i want it to be kind of cool looking like a thin blue wave runs over the opponent every now and then. Although i do think this should have a short recharge time that way that people will need a mage to freeze the bosses. The ideas are great! Keep them coming papi and admin! :)
Axiom
Maclir101 - Warrior 224 (Retired)
Feared - Mage 222 (Active)
Citizen of Rosmerta since 2011 Samhain

If mages had a spell that prevented a boss from attacking for a certain period of time then they would become much more useful in boss battles because this would allow druids some time to fully heal the tank.
Server: Herne
Clan: ResUrgeNs
Class:.......Druid...................Ranger
Character: Superman8977.....Luminous
Level:.......212.....................215

My favorite one is the phase shift. Imagine the impact on KSing if you can cast it on another player removing them from combat. You could have a group of mages protect your kill from potential KSers. It would also be a way for clans to bring in their mages and intentionally KS another clans work. Would that make things interesting. Talks about clan wars.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

Could always give them a "Chuck Noris" spell... No combat involed Chuck pops out and boom instant kill.

On a serious not i like the ideas Papi quoted and the freexing abilitie would be awesome as well but would also make it much easier for mages to solo things like bosses with constant damage and freezing for a quick buff/regen.

I like the non combat kill of increasing spell casting rate and cooldown of selected target or self.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140