Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Guide to Writing an In-Game Support Ticket

Hey everyone,

Recently I have sent in quite a few of in-game support tickets and gotten a response every time within 24 hours. Knowing that many people send them in and do not get response for some weeks, or not at all, I figured I would write a guide to writing a support ticket. I will also be posting this in the "Ask For Help" section of the forums. If the Admin agrees with what I have said, perhaps he could pin it so that new players can see it also. For those of you who don't know, the in-game support feature can be found under the screen that has your inventory, stats, and skills buttons. So, here we go!

Is your request reasonable?
Many requests that are sent to OTM are unreasonable and waste time. For example, do not ask for items that you have traded to someone to be restored to your account, as OTM does not do this. A legitimate problem includes things such as an accidentally dropped item, a item that you bought recently and want refunded, an item that you accidentally sold to the store and would like back, etc.
Another thing that i'm sure OTM doesn't want to see, is people complaining about leveling difficulties, class balance, or other things of the sort. That is what the forums are for. :P

One last thing, is that you should not report people for scamming with the in-game support. It is for support questions only and is not a "Report Another Player" function. (Note that this last paragraph is my opinion. You can report people using the support button, but since it take multiple reports over a long period of time for OTM to take action against the player,I deemed it a waste of my time and theirs to report others with this function.)

Subjects
Writing a good ticket always begins with a well thought out subject.
If you have accidentally dropped your Metoric Dagger and you would like OTM to replace it for you, do not title your support ticket something along the lines of "HEEEEEEELLLLP!" or "Plzzz Help ME."

Instead try something along the lines of "Accidentally Dropped Metoric Dagger." This helps OTM know instantly what your problem might be.

Body
In the body of your support ticket, it is important that you use proper grammar, try to avoid contractions, and DO NOT use "u" for "you" or "plz" for "please."
Next, you need to describe your problem competently. Going back to the example of having lost your Metoric Dagger, DO NOT write something along the lines of "Plz OTM help me I accidentally dropd my met dagg." Instead try something that describes your problem much more adequately, and also explains exactly what you would like them to do. "Hello OTM, I recently accidentally dropped my Metoric Dagger. This poses a problem to me as I can not get my Frozen Dagger without it. Would you please restore it to my account? Thanks!." This is a much better support ticket then what I wrote above, as it uses proper grammar, describes exactly what the problem is, and lets the OTM team know exactly what you would like done about it.

One last thing!(courtesy of smellyunder) be polite! Use words such as please and thank you, as the OTM team is much more likely to respond if you aren't raging at them.

Hopefully these tips will help you get faster responses and better results.

Obsidian
Last edited by Basalt on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Guide to Writing an In-Game Support Ticket

HElpful guide, im sure theres many ppl that name theit tickets plzzzzz heeeeelp, just like when noobs need ur help for a boss, it takes ages until they tell you if they are only talking about gastor the rotten or a chaines king

Very nice guide to those who need help by otm
Chiron-lvl 190 Bolgslayer and Wyrmfighter, enthusiastic camper

One last thing, is that you should not report people for scamming with the in-game support. It is for support questions only and is not a "Report Another Player" function.
lol, i didn't know that :) were can i go to report players for selling accounts, offering to double items, hacking etc. and great guide by the way, its really helpful :D
Honestly I have no idea where to go to report this kind of stuff. To my knowledge there isn't currently a way other than the in-game support. I simply put that in because its called "support" not "report another player" and if you did report someone with it...well they don't do anything about it. So in essence, I put that in because even if you did use it, OTM would not have the other players record of what happened making it an unfair account of things. OTM knows this so they simply don't ban anyone off of support tickets therefore it is a waste to send them in. :)

One last thing, is that you should not report people for scamming with the in-game support. It is for support questions only and is not a "Report Another Player" function.
lol, i didn't know that :) were can i go to report players for selling accounts, offering to double items, hacking etc. and great guide by the way, its really helpful :D
Honestly I have no idea where to go to report this kind of stuff. To my knowledge there isn't currently a way other than the in-game support. I simply put that in because its called "support" not "report another player" and if you did report someone with it...well they don't do anything about it. So in essence, I put that in because even if you did use it, OTM would not have the other players record of what happened making it an unfair account of things. OTM knows this so they simply don't ban anyone off of support tickets therefore it is a waste to send them in. :)
oh, lol. makes sense. thanks :D

Hey everyone,

Recently I have sent in quite a few of in-game support tickets and gotten a response every time within 24 hours. Knowing that many people send them in and do not get response for some weeks, or not at all, I figured I would write a guide to writing a support ticket. I will also be posting this in the "Ask For Help" section of the forums. If the Admin agrees with what I have said, perhaps he could pin it so that new players can see it also. For those of you who don't know, the in-game support feature can be found under the screen that has your inventory, stats, and skills buttons. So, here we go!

Many requests that are sent to OTM are unreasonable and waste time. For example, do not ask for items that you have traded to someone to be restored to your account, as OTM does not do this. A legitimate problem includes things such as an accidentally dropped item, a item that you bought recently and want refunded, an item that you accidentally sold to the store and would like back, etc.
Another thing that i'm sure OTM doesn't want to see, is people complaining about leveling difficulties, class balance, or other things of the sort. That is what the forums are for. :P

EDIT

Forgot to mention that apparently you can only get it refunded 30 days after you have bought off store.

Subjects
If you have accidentally dropped your Metoric Dagger and you would like OTM to replace it for you, do not title your support ticket something along the lines of "HEEEEEEELLLLP!" or "Plzzz Help ME."

Instead try something along the lines of "Accidentally Dropped Metoric Dagger." This helps OTM know instantly what your problem might be.

Body
In the body of your support ticket, it is important that you use proper grammar, try to avoid contractions, and DO NOT use "u" for "you" or "plz" for "please."
Next, you need to describe your problem competently. Going back to the example of having lost your Metoric Dagger, DO NOT write something along the lines of "Plz OTM help me I accidentally dropd my met dagg." Instead try something that describes your problem much more adequately, and also explains exactly what you would like them to do. "Hello OTM, I recently accidentally dropped my Metoric Dagger. This poses a problem to me as I can not get my Frozen Dagger without it. Would you please restore it to my account? Thanks!." This is a much better support ticket then what I wrote above, as it uses proper grammar, describes exactly what the problem is, and lets the OTM team know exactly what you would like done about it.

Obsidian

I've had friends that buy item from shop, sell to another person, then get their money refunded because they bought from shop. They told me it was because it adds on to the supply for the demand other players have for items, since you are buying from shop you are adding it to the public sell cycle. Does this work this way? I really think OTM shouldn't be doing this as it ruins hard work and money grind dedication.

If you don't know I don't mind, just letting you know about this problem.
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS

Hey everyone,

EDIT

Forgot to mention that apparently you can only get it refunded 30 days after you have bought off store.

Subjects

Body

Obsidian

I've had friends that buy item from shop, sell to another person, then get their money refunded because they bought from shop. They told me it was because it adds on to the supply for the demand other players have for items, since you are buying from shop you are adding it to the public sell cycle. Does this work this way? I really think OTM shouldn't be doing this as it ruins hard work and money grind dedication.

If you don't know I don't mind, just letting you know about this problem.
I'm fairly sure you have tour facts wrong, as OTM doesn't refund items unless they can take them out of your inventory.