Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#21
Pdizz wrote:
Kartier wrote:When I was new to the game back in winter 2011 in update 2, it seemed like there was more to do. Now as more content keeps being added there seems less to do. Bosses and grinding is about all there is to do. I think it funny how it seems more entertaining with less levels back than, then it is now with more levels and more content. I may be wrong but i would think new players now maybe stay longer than back a few updates ago so there is better progress in player retention but I don't have the statistics to say for sure. Only otm would know this.

I will say i agree, as a low level i enjoyed the game much more. And as i play my alts that feeling comes back. Its strange. Maybe because i can solo without almost dying or idk its strange.


The feeling is having more to do. Instead of grinding 10 levels to get a quest you're surrounded by them. Players during the 2011 Christmas Era had way more to do because they introduced 3 new types of bosses. The Snowfairy Queen was a mini boss on her own. Level 10s couldn't take her without help. At level 15 some people could kill. At 20 anyone could solo. She was loads of fun. Fenris, Bloodfang and Shadowhowl. They by far had amazing drops that aren't matched even today. When you dueled mages at the start of pvp if they saw the 100 magic resist they'd quit. Was loads of fun. Icelord and Winterking had amazing, and strong ass drops. Advantage was they were powerful, disadvantage they were slow. This cause the holders of the weapons to by heroic gloves. Not because they needed them but because they wanted to hit quicker.
Sulis
CAUTION-216-Warrior
EchoOfSilence-166-Rogue
Marijuana-160-Druid
1mp-125-Mage
Rhexx-125-Ranger
Retribution/TRclan

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#22
I think a large proportion of the problem is a combination of the platinum store being poorly thought out and the upwards build.

OTM seem to be rushing towards building the game vertically - accommodating for higher and higher levels. Combine this with the platinum store, people use this to power-level to the cap. Then, they complain. If the platinum store was better designed, then people wouldn't be able to reach the cap as easily and wouldn't get bored to complain. Because of their complaints, OTM are forced to add more content vertically so they can level further. The problem is that there is less and less horizontal content to do within a level as you level up. There are loads of things to do at level 10, because OTM had time to design these. As more people exploit the platinum store and luxury vendors and start to monopolise worlds, OTM have to dish out more vertical content at the expense of horizontal content. Expansion 4 attempted to horizontally increase the game in terms of levelling, but it didn't really succeed in my opinion because it's all the same 'kill, regen, kill, regen, kill, level". It's like a very unsteady game of Jenga (if you know that game). Taking parts that keep the structure stable to build upwards will destabilise the whole thing. Add support to the game, and increase horizontal content significantly before building vertically. Do this by increasing the ways of getting gold, and easing up the ways to level without using platinum and luxury vendors. Diversify the ways to get xp without having to grind.
Image


Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff | Have I Moderated Unfairly? Any Questions?

Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#23
I have said this before, but I'll say it again. I an employee of OTM stated on his LinkedIn profile that he was in charge of "designing new quests" is this guy still around?
I know a lot of people have been brought it to further the game, are you going to make really good quests giving decent xp for all levels to do?
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#24
When I first started playing this game (July 2011) I figured the level cap was 60. I made this guess based on the amount of xp mobs gave and the fact that the highest levels I saw were in the lower fifties, and one player at level 60. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and then enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

When the Shalemont and Stonevale Expansion was released and the new highest level boss was 90, I thought for sure that the level cap would be 100...until after a couple months someone reached 101 and they made bosses going up to 105. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

When the Otherworld Expansion was released and I saw that the highest level boss was 150, I thought for sure the cap would FINALLY be set at 150...until someone made it to level 151. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

I have never played a game with levels going so high. Not to say that all games should be the same, but this game desperately needs a level cap at some point. Some people have said that it's programmed into the game at 200 or 210, idk, but it needs to be there.

For me to enjoy the game much longer, there needs to be a point at which players can be done leveling a character and a point at which they can say they've beaten the final boss. Then the game can really develop content like (fun) quests at each level, crafting, etc. This may mean something like 4 or 5 different viable armor sets for each class at a given level, rather than one good option which everyone wears. I, and I assume many others, want some actual, obtainable goal like a max level or final boss. Not a "soft cap" where leveling just slows down, but an actual end point. Not a boss that's the strongest for a little while until we make a new boss you'll have to grind for 193 hours to be able to face, but an actual end point. It's not fun to have this this nagging suspicion that right when I get close the bar will be raised AGAIN and I'll be left in the dust AGAIN by the elixer guzzlers.
Qumar, 130 Druid, Danu

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#25
Yilley wrote:
Midnite wrote:I feel it's kind of an exaggeration when people say you need plat to be successful in this game. Saying this as modestly as I can say, I just about have as good dps as it gets as a main for my level, and I've never bought plat. I don't lix either. I'd be 130 or so by now if I actually put effort into leveling lol. I outdps just about anyone within 10 levels of me on an appropriate level boss or mob. I have new lux and lots of damage gear, and I consider myself a somewhat high level, and I've never bought plat. I also did all this without a clan. Whatever you put into it is what you get out of it.

U don't have to buy plat to play the game but u do need plat items like idols or many others. As for lux the amount of time and effort to make the gold that will buy u lux is enormous and near impossible to get while enjoying the game. The easiest way would be to exploit the events and sell lots of stuff to high lvls im not sure how u got ur gold to buy lux but this is probably how. So in general i dont see many new ppl enjoying the game this way.
Yilley u know i dont buy plat normally. And they way people like me get all there money is by working there but of to farm you should know that by now after being in a clan with me for as long as i was in it i was constantly farming cause i needed money for lux and you guys would always get after me to lvl good times :). But yea i don buy plat normally and even when i do its in small amounts of like 10$ purchases i have earned all my gold via in game and have never spent a penny to buy ingame gold and yet im still succesful and i also lvl without elixers which is insanely long and boring.

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#27
Ive been playing since samhain event 2011 and my first character was a ranger, made it to 72 but then it got hard for me without buying plat, seeing my friends buying plat and i feel left out.now those friends were my best friends before but not anymore because, "im still a noob" i kept resarting and restarting and got a rogue to 73 a mage to 65. Until now i never gave up, i have to say it is very hard to play without plat and i get very jealous to other people.

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#28
mholloman12 wrote:When I first started playing this game (July 2011) I figured the level cap was 60. I made this guess based on the amount of xp mobs gave and the fact that the highest levels I saw were in the lower fifties, and one player at level 60. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and then enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

When the Shalemont and Stonevale Expansion was released and the new highest level boss was 90, I thought for sure that the level cap would be 100...until after a couple months someone reached 101 and they made bosses going up to 105. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

When the Otherworld Expansion was released and I saw that the highest level boss was 150, I thought for sure the cap would FINALLY be set at 150...until someone made it to level 151. I kept playing because I thought I could get there and enjoy sitting at the top with the others.

I have never played a game with levels going so high. Not to say that all games should be the same, but this game desperately needs a level cap at some point. Some people have said that it's programmed into the game at 200 or 210, idk, but it needs to be there.

For me to enjoy the game much longer, there needs to be a point at which players can be done leveling a character and a point at which they can say they've beaten the final boss. Then the game can really develop content like (fun) quests at each level, crafting, etc. This may mean something like 4 or 5 different viable armor sets for each class at a given level, rather than one good option which everyone wears. I, and I assume many others, want some actual, obtainable goal like a max level or final boss. Not a "soft cap" where leveling just slows down, but an actual end point. Not a boss that's the strongest for a little while until we make a new boss you'll have to grind for 193 hours to be able to face, but an actual end point. It's not fun to have this this nagging suspicion that right when I get close the bar will be raised AGAIN and I'll be left in the dust AGAIN by the elixer guzzlers.


If OTM agrees to this, I would be the first to quit :D No offense but with all the other games that I played, I stopped once I have reached the top and know for sure that there will be nothing new or higher achievement to get. It's like growing old and die. Even that is more interesting than having a permanent cap since death is random.. Just my opinion.. :D
BluePapaBear - 164+ Rogue - Rhiannon

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#29
MoneyShot wrote:
Yilley wrote:
Midnite wrote:I feel it's kind of an exaggeration when people say you need plat to be successful in this game. Saying this as modestly as I can say, I just about have as good dps as it gets as a main for my level, and I've never bought plat. I don't lix either. I'd be 130 or so by now if I actually put effort into leveling lol. I outdps just about anyone within 10 levels of me on an appropriate level boss or mob. I have new lux and lots of damage gear, and I consider myself a somewhat high level, and I've never bought plat. I also did all this without a clan. Whatever you put into it is what you get out of it.

U don't have to buy plat to play the game but u do need plat items like idols or many others. As for lux the amount of time and effort to make the gold that will buy u lux is enormous and near impossible to get while enjoying the game. The easiest way would be to exploit the events and sell lots of stuff to high lvls im not sure how u got ur gold to buy lux but this is probably how. So in general i dont see many new ppl enjoying the game this way.
Yilley u know i dont buy plat normally. And they way people like me get all there money is by working there but of to farm you should know that by now after being in a clan with me for as long as i was in it i was constantly farming cause i needed money for lux and you guys would always get after me to lvl good times :). But yea i don buy plat normally and even when i do its in small amounts of like 10$ purchases i have earned all my gold via in game and have never spent a penny to buy ingame gold and yet im still succesful and i also lvl without elixers which is insanely long and boring.

Yes but he said he did it clanless u had a clan got drops and sold the ones the clan didnt need and u didnt need or u got a lot of gold from boss drops alone which is 1k. Since we actively killed bosses this easily adds up and can easily by lux.

Re: Any new players enjoying this game?

#30
Voldemort wrote:I think a large proportion of the problem is a combination of the platinum store being poorly thought out and the upwards build.

OTM seem to be rushing towards building the game vertically - accommodating for higher and higher levels. Combine this with the platinum store, people use this to power-level to the cap. Then, they complain. If the platinum store was better designed, then people wouldn't be able to reach the cap as easily and wouldn't get bored to complain. Because of their complaints, OTM are forced to add more content vertically so they can level further. The problem is that there is less and less horizontal content to do within a level as you level up. There are loads of things to do at level 10, because OTM had time to design these. As more people exploit the platinum store and luxury vendors and start to monopolise worlds, OTM have to dish out more vertical content at the expense of horizontal content. Expansion 4 attempted to horizontally increase the game in terms of levelling, but it didn't really succeed in my opinion because it's all the same 'kill, regen, kill, regen, kill, level". It's like a very unsteady game of Jenga (if you know that game). Taking parts that keep the structure stable to build upwards will destabilise the whole thing. Add support to the game, and increase horizontal content significantly before building vertically. Do this by increasing the ways of getting gold, and easing up the ways to level without using platinum and luxury vendors. Diversify the ways to get xp without having to grind.


Doesn't look like you have played many games.

Almost every game people can hit the cap pretty quick, but its the great gameplay that make them keep playing and make alts. Also end game content.

You don't need to make it hard for people to hit the cap for them to keep playing.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: medalofhonor and 29 guests

cron