Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Scammer expirement

Alright so me being rich and able to gain money quickly, I decided to do an experiment with how all this scamming works. I bought a ancient weapon and equipped on my low level rouge and stood in shalemont camp. A level 1 came up to me offering me money for the weapon. I traded with him, he put out a ancient plate breastplate and I put out my spear. He kept on saying I was trying to scam him, so I played along and did what he said, he said take it out and put it backon table then click accept I did the first too things but didn't accept as soon as he thought I was clicking accept he quickly took the breastplate away, and when he saw that I didn't click accept he quickly put the pb back on table, and he kept on stalling somehow. I think he finally hacked into my device, because on the table both items where there but when I finally caught him with his box checked with items on table I checked my box. Trade complete box said and for me I saw both items on table. But when I checked my inventory neither where there, I then told him that I'm reporting him to admin, but Im smart enough to know that this character is probaly not his main character and that after he gives items to main character he would delete otter character and repeat the thing with another new character. So my experiment was a success in my opinion! So watch out for these things I have mentioned because they could be a sign of someone trying to scam you!
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

Re: Scammer expirement

Good post zrute, I have something I want to add though. Lately, scamming has gotten out of hand. Its destroying clans, and it's hurting peoples reputations. The particular new problem that has arisen is people creating names REALLY close to respectable players names, and then infiltrating a clan or duping people out of items/gold. This issue NEEDS to be addressed. With no in-game moderators, things have gotten BAD in lirs reach. I get about 20 trade requests whenever I have to pass through there, I see people named things like Marro instead of Maro, Teaostine instead of Taeostine, and Thor16 with a different number at the end. I've also seen people walking around with the names of Masmar players as well. I worked hard to make a name for myself (for better or worse), and I don't appreciate this type of scamming. Its one thing for players to be jerks to each other, or clans to fight and have issues, but I think we can all agree that scammers are a problem for all of us.

Another thing is the scammers will generally be a level 1 character but they will pull out a super expensive item to trade like a common one is ancient plate breastplate
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

Another thing is the scammers will generally be a level 1 character but they will pull out a super expensive item to trade like a common one is ancient plate breastplate
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

Ah yes! I have been doing the same experiment too. This is how it works, I have five accounts one which is unknown. I place that account in a particular place. When I see a scammer, I ask them to help me transfer my stuff, when trading and talking, I snap pictures. Then I log of and get back to my other account and ask him for my things. Recently, I found no scammers. :?
World: Morrigan
User: Richardis (lvl 25)

Rosmerta
User:Hawklinfold (lvl 23) {Lost Again -.-}
The Unknows
User:Suprt (lvl53) {Password Lost}
Accuracy
User:Frey (lvl 24) {Password Lost}
Accuracy
Common sense isn't all that common at all

It sickens me that ppl behave this way... Could it be as easely as emailing admin to get ur stuff back or are you stuck with it? Im not aware of any scammers on gwydion tho..
I'm a sheep,
Gwydion is the wolf
Solitaire is my herd

Chick -lvl 65+ rogue
CHICKxxNORRIS -lvl 33+ ranger

From the netherlands (holland)

i have seen scammers their names are forbidden and feesh101 they have been acused of stealing no i mean scanning me and other people!!!! GUYS TELL THIS TO ADMIN PLEASE IM DESPERATE TO GET MY 50K AND MY FULL ANCIENT PLATE ARMOUR AND MY 56 PEARLS THAT THEY STOLE FROM ME!!!!!!
markassasin lvl 85 tank warrior,
markassasin1 lvl 73 rogue,

World: Gwydion

Ah yes! I have been doing the same experiment too. This is how it works, I have five accounts one which is unknown. I place that account in a particular place. When I see a scammer, I ask them to help me transfer my stuff, when trading and talking, I snap pictures. Then I log of and get back to my other account and ask him for my things. Recently, I found no scammers. :?

i don't think that's scamming LOL you asked for a transfer and you took the risk.

if the Transfer-er decides to take your items, then it is your fault for trusting some random person.
-Souls Ignited-

-Crom-
Krogg - 144 Warrior
Sheila - 141 Druid
Lucifer - 112 Ranger

PKer