Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Making a Kids friendly MMO is imposible

Why have new rules when there are enough problem causing people on forums now? People will only end up breaking rules and starting new accounts if banned and making the new moderators jobs harder. Plus this is an MMO you can never expect that everyone will be a saint on the forums or the world. If you ask me you can never truely stop people from doing what they want. You should just put the game as ( online interactions not rated ) because one of the problems is how you make it seam that celtic heroes is a little kids friendly game. The game may be but online interactions always get inappropriate and rude. You can't change this unfortunately and you are just making you jobs far more difficult than they have to be. Successfully moderating everyone on online games is ( imposible ) so in the future try not to convince yourselves there is such a thing as a kid friendly MMO. Because if it got to the point where it was there would be so many rules nobody would really play. At least not the older players the ( BUY PLAT ).

Re: Making a Kids friendly MMO is imposible

Just because the end result will not be perfect is not a reason to stop trying.

I completely agree it's not going to be kid friendly at all times. People hide behind their online avatar to do whatever they want to do. But I respect everyone that tries to keep it a fun fair playing environment. We could all just take the easy route and say who cares I'll do what I please but I don't find that fun or entertaining. Which means One Thumb would be missing out on my plat buying.
Touch (Druid) 150
Spitfire (Mage) 160

I agree with Voldemort and Spitfire.
The people within the game must take up the responsibility of thinking about their word choice. If you know the words, you should be mature enough to know not to say them. If its not appropriate, it's not dire enough to say it in that fashion anyway.
Mabon
Basilla (Druid) - Level 140+ (Main)
Alesta (Ranger) - Level 100+
LemonPi (Mage) - Level 80+

Users can always be child-friendly - it's done by many people daily and you'd be looked down upon greatly if you walked into a secondary school running down a corridor screaming insults at everyone.

You can speak your mind but there's always a better way to say something. :)
+1
Zou and Dou of Avalon

Ranger 224+
Rogue 210+
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dangezous
"Shoot first, ask questions later"

As a mother I would never let a child play an mmo.

A teen yes but not a child under 13. Especially one that adults play.

I try not to let kids under age 15 in clan so I don't have to censor clan chat.
Arwen: Ranger lvl 164 chieftan Rapture Eve Rhiannon
BlueBird warrior tank lvl 88
Aurora68: Druid lvl 80
Morganelefaye: Mage lvl 81
Satine: Rogue lvl 115
Missbehavin: lvl 80Druid (on vacation) sulis