Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Runescape

Thank you for viewing this topic.
Admin wanted to know a few things about runescape and what makes it such a great game.
In runescape your account has 30 skills that you must train individually to 99 which is aprox 13m exp. ( this takes time )
You can get an awesome looking skill cape once achieving the level to let everyone know your level in that skill is 99.
This allows players to stand out. Some players choose to be " pure " and get 99 in one skill. Since being in the old days wasn't all about killing and looting all the time you can do things such as cut trees, fish, fletch, cook, etc.
Some people are all about " pking " ( player killing ), so they choose to make there account a combat pure, allowing for combat advantages.
People like to escape to something better, and they also like fame, if you get on runescape and ask who zezima is or who win all day is.. Then people will laugh.. They are super famous...people want to be famous...
The quests in runescape are fun, and its easy to do them since there are other sites like runehq and runewiki to help.
It also has a system called the grand exchange... And it's awesome.. It almost works like stocks.
People want fame, levels, etc.
Mini games are a biiiig hit for runescape.
Gambling is a big big big hit in runescape.. Staking at the duel arena, pking, dicing, Investing etc.

Re: Runescape

Admin wanted to know a few things about runescape and what makes it such a great game.
In runescape your account has 30 skills that you must train individually to 99 which is aprox 13m exp. ( this takes time )
You can get an awesome looking skill cape once achieving the level to let everyone know your level in that skill is 99.
This allows players to stand out. Some players choose to be " pure " and get 99 in one skill. Since being in the old days wasn't all about killing and looting all the time you can do things such as cut trees, fish, fletch, cook, etc.
Some people are all about " pking " ( player killing ), so they choose to make there account a combat pure, allowing for combat advantages.
People like to escape to something better, and they also like fame, if you get on runescape and ask who zezima is or who win all day is.. Then people will laugh.. They are super famous...people want to be famous...
The quests in runescape are fun, and its easy to do them since there are other sites like runehq and runewiki to help.
It also has a system called the grand exchange... And it's awesome.. It almost works like stocks.
Gambling is a big big big hit in runescape.. Staking at the duel arena, pking, dicing, Investing etc.

Theres a thread right below this one... As a matter of fact, it seems you make a new topic for each reply/post you make. Do you even know how forums work....?
--Jonas
Server: Taranis
"TMNT" Level 37 DexDruid
"Twink" Level 37 PvP Rogue (Soon as it comes out :D)
Sleep really makes one feel rested...

Theres a thread right below this one... As a matter of fact, it seems you make a new topic for each reply/post you make. Do you even know how forums work....?
1 agreed 2 i don't think he does 3 You cant post about runescape here its not on topic thats why it was originally posted on off topic 4 u can be a strength pure on Celtic heroes by putting stats into your strength
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

One I'm also a level 99 I havn't played in a while but anyways he's got some good points inhave said this also before on my suggestions post that I accidently put on this forum by yea.. Anyways what makes it successful is the Grand Exchange(same thing as an auction house just different name) clan cloaks or skill capes( we could add cloaks love cloaks in mmo's pretty sure alot do :) as long as it looks kool, minigames- everyone and I mean EVERYONE wants to have fun am i right? So we need some minigames, lets see gambling yes it's alot of fun as long as no one scams someone so adding dice would be kool(new form of money), they also have skills it's not like an mmo it's a browser game with skills like strength,attack,defense,hit points,range,magic,etc but yea it's fun and all characters can use Mage hybrid range or melee nothing like a regular mmo which makes it very unique. Their is also the weapons they have stuff called bronze lowest level weapons then it goes iron,steell,black,mithril, adamantite, rune, dragon, and barrows and then they have these legendary weapons Statius,zuriels,vesta, and possibly something else. So for the game like in my forum post with suggestions and things I said we needed special effect weapons same thing as the dragon+ weapons. I am also wanting to talk about their spells/ skills everyone has skills rangers had magic bows, and crossbows with enchanted bolts that hit harder, while the mages had a spelllbook with over 40+ attack skills and it was all in order by level and you could also teleport if your magic level was high enough.
I may be Fallen But that
doesn't mean I don't get
right back up

Okay seriously, why are you guys trying to suggest making this whole game like runescape right now. I left the game because one, you could become high level and completely dont with the game without putting thousand of hours of your life into it and two, because of that, it makes the game extremely repetitive and boring and make people use programs to do their skilling for them. Now for those two reson, it makes the game one of those things that addicts people to it, and then spend their lives away trying to be super good while their real life suffers and they become less productive.

No, thats not always the case, of course. But those that maybe play an hour or so a day really have no chance of progressing anywhere quickly, and thus becomes boring and they quit early on.

What you guys are suggesting is that this game should become more like it, which is really just dumb. If you like it so much, just go back to playing runescape and dont try to make suggestions towards creating just another one. This game can be indavidualistic and different from the rest. I dont think making a game should take up your life just to be good at it. Runescape can be something on its own, just let this be.

"40+ spells in the spellbook" would completely ruin the system we have right now. We have skill points and energy, not levels and runes
"99s allow people to stand out" yeah maybe a little bit. If only there werent 100k people with 99s in some skills like strength and cooking. The whole addition of their skillcapes just made it a collecters race to getting the most, not actually gaining skills up that would be helpful, like in this game, where you dont have a limit to how high the skills are but only have a limited amount per level, but then also ability skills depend on a maximum based on level.
"13 million exp Perskill. This takes time" thats what makes it annoying. You end up doing the same thing for 400 hours sometimes to get a skill up to there.. For a normal schedule not based around runescape it would take a year. This has led to botting.. Which ruins the game. Games should be about having fun during it.. Not really who can withstand doing it the longest. In this game once you reach a certain level youre forced to at least do something else because you gain less xp if youre higher level than the mob, something runscape ignored and made it to where you do the fastest method. Some things that you can do in the skills are basically ignored because theyre too slow to level with to enjoy.

Dedication is one thing, but making it the only requirement is just wrong.

Yes i do know all about it. I played it for way too long getting to level 126 and wasting time i could have used for outside real stuff. Yeah there are those good ideas like that grand exchange and Duel arena. But other ideas that are about the mechanics of gameplay, not so much. Some people are too in awe with it to realize that their initial flaws just pretty much snowballed.

Okay seriously, why are you guys trying to suggest making this whole game like runescape right now. I left the game because one, you could become high level and completely dont with the game without putting thousand of hours of your life into it and two, because of that, it makes the game extremely repetitive and boring and make people use programs to do their skilling for them. Now for those two reson, it makes the game one of those things that addicts people to it, and then spend their lives away trying to be super good while their real life suffers and they become less productive.

No, thats not always the case, of course. But those that maybe play an hour or so a day really have no chance of progressing anywhere quickly, and thus becomes boring and they quit early on.

What you guys are suggesting is that this game should become more like it, which is really just dumb. If you like it so much, just go back to playing runescape and dont try to make suggestions towards creating just another one. This game can be indavidualistic and different from the rest. I dont think making a game should take up your life just to be good at it. Runescape can be something on its own, just let this be.

"40+ spells in the spellbook" would completely ruin the system we have right now. We have skill points and energy, not levels and runes
"99s allow people to stand out" yeah maybe a little bit. If only there werent 100k people with 99s in some skills like strength and cooking. The whole addition of their skillcapes just made it a collecters race to getting the most, not actually gaining skills up that would be helpful, like in this game, where you dont have a limit to how high the skills are but only have a limited amount per level, but then also ability skills depend on a maximum based on level.
"13 million exp Perskill. This takes time" thats what makes it annoying. You end up doing the same thing for 400 hours sometimes to get a skill up to there.. For a normal schedule not based around runescape it would take a year. This has led to botting.. Which ruins the game. Games should be about having fun during it.. Not really who can withstand doing it the longest. In this game once you reach a certain level youre forced to at least do something else because you gain less xp if youre higher level than the mob, something runscape ignored and made it to where you do the fastest method. Some things that you can do in the skills are basically ignored because theyre too slow to level with to enjoy.

Yes i do know all about it. I played it for way too long getting to level 126 and wasting time i could have used for outside real stuff. Yeah there are those good ideas like that grand exchange and Duel arena. But other ideas that are about the mechanics of gameplay, not so much. Some people are too in awe with it to realize that their initial flaws just pretty much snowballed.

Dude one YOU obviously did not read this forum do that shows your ignorance to the topic you had your opinion but no Admin Just wanted to. Know what made runescape so great you didn't have to act out of ignorance and just say what are you thinking of changing the game like runescape? OFCOURSE NOT! I mean seriously that's obvious they just want ideas to better Celtic Heroes and get more active players.
I may be Fallen But that
doesn't mean I don't get
right back up

Infinity has been basically making Suggestions leading up to it in other topics, yeah i know i blew up about it.

I just also wanted an opinion of what makes it bad too rather than all joyeous praise.

Infinity has been basically making Suggestions leading up to it in other topics, yeah i know i blew up about it.

I just also wanted an opinion of what makes it bad too rather than all joyeous praise.
I see where you stand lol and I understand yes ofcourse every game has its flaws and strengths it's good to point them out so it is not repeated but no one was implying about making Celtic Heroes like runescape. Everyone blows up is what makes us human so it's ok it just happens :)
I may be Fallen But that
doesn't mean I don't get
right back up

I like this guy, he makes a lot of really good points despite the criticism. Besides that, we do need to focus on the rise of what made it successful, not the falls. As he said, the duel arena and g/e we're a HUGE (and by huge I mean it accounted for probably at least 1/3 of their player base) aspect of the game. Incorporate similar ideas and you will have a success. All we want for this game is success, and by no means do we want a copy of RuneScape. This game could never be RuneScape, so taking some ideas and applying them to the Celtic world won't hurt - and it is certainly not over doing it by any means. Being humble and accepting the advice of what it took to make another game a huge success is one of the best steps a developer can take.