Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Do rogues no longer seem cunning to you?

NOTE: this was originally in rogue forums, but i was wondering if other classes feel the same way at all

Ya know, what happened to cunning and trickery? I'm disappointed that the best rogue is mindless auto attack with good dps gear.

I feel like we lack good dex-sneaky skills, maybe something like play dead that is actually helpfully. Or a second smoke bomb that shortly stuns, or a short version of hide that'll work during combat (for both actually fights and on lava floor) or reflexes that help evade skills, or maybe even a proc-type poison weap, like a 10% chance for 45 second poison dot.

Any one of those would be awesome, i just feel like rogues are currently warrior without armor, or rangers without bows.... Just a mindless dagger swinger, part of the reason I'm switching to my druid until update.
hatoyo- lvl 130 Rogue- Rhiannon
hat0y0- lvl 83 Druid- Rhiannon
Bluejay- lvl 68 warrior- Rhiannon
Banshee- lvl 51 ranger- Rhiannon
(name withheld)- lvl 46 Mage- Top-Secret

Re: Do rogues no longer seem cunning to you?

I agree. I had to add assassinate and sneaky to my skills bar just to keep my self from quitting the class. Good for long bosses but O so boring!! Many people have made rogue their alts so they can add a little bit of dps (its still low) while on their main. Give us something neat, it doesn't have to be amazing or overpowered just something to do.
7943 levels from 8093
Redishwolf

Just thought of a skill/attribute to be used as a example/possible passive fun skill. In OnC, theres ranger talent called something like guerrilla tactics, and if you move locations at least every 15 seconds you get a dps boost.

This would be a cool skill for rogues and/or rangers (especially if AoE) and would go along well with a possible ranged rogue skill, say something like sneaky attack where you throw a ranged dagger/spear

Do mages seem like a spellcasting class to you, or a bunch of lure monkies?
I'm not too sure, but I'm partially inactive and my mage is only lvl 40ish.

My only two cents would be probly not, they after all do accomplish support by casting both lures and giving energy to tanks. Maybe lures are just so awesome that energy and okay dps pales in comparison?
In my honest noob mage opinion rangers and mages are actually the funniest classes to play (solo and grp) just because they have so many skills that are useful at both maxed, partial and no points that you can make every fight different by trying different orders to caste skills.

I'm talking about how cunning rogue skills are useless due to lava floor (hide) and bad planning (play dead)

I do very much care for mages and all classes if you honestly believe theres an issue, so feel free to start your own topic on any class and id be happy to reply.

Mages are pretty decent after they got a buff after update yet rogues have lost there cunning I would like to see hide work in a fight just for 15 secs maybe and with a 30 sec cooldown. So we can still hit them while hide is on. Would be really cool then.
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

I don't mind being auto attack I like it. I would jus like to rock with it. There needs to be more of a role for ech class really currently we all level 1v1 why arnt warriors Mage ranger and even Druid aoe or have some aoe skills while rogues have a boost in 1v1 to keep up. Then give rangers better support skills and classes are more even
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening