Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Account Sharing

I dont know how much of an issue this is in other worlds, but this has become a problem in Herne.
People, or characters, act like total jerks in game, then later claim it wasnt them, it was someone else from their clan.

I thought sharing accounts was against the ToS.

I have several screenshots of people admitting they share their accounts.
Is it worthwhile to bother posting these?
It doesn't appear anything is done regarding this.

If there is a direct contact to admin, i will send along the screenshots.
Ziva
Ranger 207
Clan Infection
World: Herne

Re: Account Sharing

So far in my ch career admins do NOT police their game. It a shame cause so many people get away with so muh crap, even when it is brought to their attention with solid proof. We need to get together as a community and demand they police their game! You can have a guy caught red handed and they don't do jack. It is actually getting out of hand

well... account sharing isnt really a problem imho, its selling and buying accounts that causes problems
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

well... account sharing isnt really a problem imho, its selling and buying accounts that causes problems
Like this?

yes, buying and selling is a problem
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I sent a mail to OTM asking this question. I wanted my son who lives in another country to have access to my account. Asked if it was illegal and if I could send them a mail and confirm that my son could have access to my account.

The basic reply I got was that if I shared an account with someone I did it at my own risk and OTM would not in any way support any problems related to it. They did not mention that it was illegal just that it was at your own risk.
Nothing is impossible, just takes a little longer

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Mage

yes, buying and selling is a problem
Thing is it was reported and support said it was dealt with but next day he still plays.

Do keep in mind that this is your opinion, and not only is it against the TOS but maybe you don't have people in your world who manipulate account sharing and use it to interfere with other clans fights. Also having a group of Druids at ones disposal in wich they wouldn't if they weren't sharing, or a full group of rogues to ks everyone in wich they wouldn't if they didn't share.
Being able to use any high lvl character to benefit the situation you r in is alittle bit of a dirty tactic against the people who don't share and have to make do with what they got.

It really does seem harmless... But people are starting to overuse it as an excuse. AND it is being used to scam people's things - even with the safeguards, How do you know who you are actually trading with?

"It wasn't me who KSed (insert player name) and shouted profanity about them... it was another guy from my clan who logs in as me."

"It wasn't me who stole items i said i would transfer... I sold my account that day, and then got it back by changing the pwd."

When complained about, i have been told its being handled, but for goodness sake, I see them a day later spouting off the same nonsense. If they are being reprimanded, or warned, at least tell them to QUIT doing it! At the very least they should be warned to quit admitting it.

Now people don't even have to take responsibility for their own actions... They just log in as a buddy to be a jerk... Then He logs in and says "wasn't me". No one pays except the victim.

If you belong to a group with people who have a bad reputation, and share accounts, you had better get used to being unitedly hated - it's not MY job to ask which guy logged in as you today.
Shaden - DPS 180+

World : Herne

Clan : Britannians