Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Xp potions and elixirs

Biggest mistake this game has made so far! I'm all for the other potions I.e str speed etc but xp x4 is going to mess the game up big time. I was hunting today from the first min of update for about 7 hours of play, i unlocked the stonevale shop and went from 60 to 65 I bought the best maul and the new war kit. For the last couple of hours maybe 2/3 tops a ranger I know comes on and hits 66 before I hit 65 he started at around 57/58. Where is the compatition in playing against people who can just pay to lvl 10 lvls in the time I could do 2 as the best elixir also includes str speed damage etc. I'm all for plat potions to be sold just not xp ones. I'm a very fast lvler and if I feel disheartened that I've no chance of competing then I hate to think what the average person feels. Just makes it pointless.. You will end up with just a few rich guys who will be 20/30 levels above every one else left. And I've spent my fair share on this game myself
NAME... Bubbles
CLASS... Druid
LVL... 101
CLAN... BadaBing chief
SERVER... ARAWN

fools fail for want of wisdom

Re: Xp potions and elixirs

I am very concerned this is how they are looking to monetize Celtic Heroes, i would much rather pay for content or skill changes. This was one of the appealing factors of the game, a tight nit community working together to level. I am started to feel alienated, us as core players who supported this game as we waited Months for a update slowly grinding levels are now being looked over.
Last edited by joshuaedwardk on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank [Dead] | Gareldar [Dead]
Arawn since 2011

the elixirs we tested make you a giant or tiny like the fairies in stone vale also elixirs an potions that make you invisible move stats up we tested all kinds of elixirs an potions in the beta of this update i was a early player of pl i was their when it came out in april 2010 an the platniium system over ther is crazy i hope this game dont go that way hope they dont forget bout us ol schools that were here when this game was jus a baby an jus started in june
Evil, You set my soul on fire
Evil, You fill me with desire
Evil, You always get it right
Evil, All day and all night

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE GREEN AWAY FINALLY I AM FREE FROM BEIN A SLAVE TO THE CORROSION OF CORRUPTNESS OF BETA TESTER

I am very concerned this is how they are looking to monetize Celtic Heroes, i would much rather pay for content or skill changes. This was one of the appealing factors of the game, a tight nit community working together to level. I am started to feel alienated, us as core players who supported this game as we waited Months for a update slowly grinding levels are now being looked over.
If you stay with any game long enough, you will notice one thing. The individual factor decreases, and the community as a whole factor increases. Celtic Heroes cost hundreds of thousands to build, and unfortunately you can't have an amazing game that pleases every player. The game has to profit and bring everyone new content that will impress and keep the game surviving. The most profitable thing to sell is an advantage over another player. Of course, nobody likes to see this. I'm sure that if everyone donated $20 a month to Celtic Heroes as a standard gameplay fee, then they would gladly remove the potions from the game. Unfortunately people aren't so generous, so they have to find a way to make their money back for the hundreds of thousands they spent on the game. I'm not for it anymore then you guys, but I'd much rather have that then see this game die due to a lack of funds for new content/updates.

Is the increase in str, speed, damage and every other stat not a good enough advantage as it it? You won't make income as a game creator if there are only a few players left due to this. You might aswell just put a potion in the store that gives you a whole lvl, or better still a super potion that makes you lvl 100. Come on I'm sure with all the other new potions the plat sales should be enough to make the creators happy. Crazy
NAME... Bubbles
CLASS... Druid
LVL... 101
CLAN... BadaBing chief
SERVER... ARAWN

fools fail for want of wisdom