Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Character Customization and Name change.

A name change feature is a BAD idea! It's a scammers dream. They can do anything they want to anyone and then just instantly change their name and keep their level and their progress.

Bad bad idea
Arwen: Ranger lvl 164 chieftan Rapture Eve Rhiannon
BlueBird warrior tank lvl 88
Aurora68: Druid lvl 80
Morganelefaye: Mage lvl 81
Satine: Rogue lvl 115
Missbehavin: lvl 80Druid (on vacation) sulis

I made a similar post to this in the past, and according to one of the otm articles, a name change was something that might be added in the future. I was hoping admin would comment on my post, but they didn't. So I don't know whether they are still working on this feature. I personally would like this option, but perhaps if possible, when you view a player there could be a something like a profile page that automatically lists previous names.

A name change feature is a BAD idea! It's a scammers dream. They can do anything they want to anyone and then just instantly change their name and keep their level and their progress.

Bad bad idea

Yeah, scammers would be a problem. But what they can do is add the old player name next to their new one in parenthesis for about a month or two so that everyone will know who the player is. If you don't understand here's an example: The Scammers name is bob, he changes his name to Larry. In game it would show Larry (Bob) to players for about a month.

+1. I like this idea. I dont see how anybody can get scammed in this game unless they give something to somebody. Everyday I get dozens of wanna-be scammers trying to buy something for me, wanting me to loan them something, give them money, talk me out of something, give them money, etc... I must have half of my server blocked at this point. I think the majority of them are little children who play where mommy and daddy wont buy them any plat. You can tell who the mature players are, and who are the foul mouthed moochers. It doesnt matter if they change their name or how often they change their name, you will know them by their nature.
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

i personally dont like the idea of name change, but admins shouldbe able to change ur name under special circumstances

My best friend for example, made a char that he then made his name called almost the same as a high lvl friend, who didnt say anything against it when he was still low.

But now, many some ppl dont like him, only bcuz his name is so similar.
He has been trying to get it changed for ages but as far as i know, admins cant change for the moment
Chiron-lvl 190 Bolgslayer and Wyrmfighter, enthusiastic camper

I used to be against a name change, but maybe there's a compromise. What if you can only do it once a year.

Low level scammers can always delete their char and make a new one so the only concern is high level scammers looking for a new start or hide their true identity. But any high level who comes out of the blue is usually noticed and already suspect if they have the same equipment as know scammers, so it's not as bad as one might think.

As for character customization, I don't think they will spend time on the current system given that there will be new models along the way that people will be forced to choose a new face, hair, etc. anyway. Changing appearance frequently has already been suggested and Lauren already posted a topic on it: http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... 1&start=20

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.