Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Character Customization and Name change.

I used to be against a name change, but maybe there's a compromise. What if you can only do it once a year.

Low level scammers can always delete their char and make a new one so the only concern is high level scammers looking for a new start or hide their true identity. But any high level who comes out of the blue is usually noticed and already suspect if they have the same equipment as know scammers, so it's not as bad as one might think.

As for character customization, I don't think they will spend time on the current system given that there will be new models along the way that people will be forced to choose a new face, hair, etc. anyway. Changing appearance frequently has already been suggested and Lauren already posted a topic on it: http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... 1&start=20
Sounds reasonable to me. I play my alt more than my main and would like to swap their names.

Sounds reasonable to me. I play my alt more than my main and would like to swap their names.
Can't be done if it's only once a year. You have to give up one name.

But I don't see why Support wouldn't allow these kind of requests. It doesn't represent a security risk, not like splitting characters into a separate account.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I think a real issue with this has nothing to do with scammers changing names then scamming, i think this has more to do with the fact a scammer could changer his/her name and get into a high ranked mature clan. this could cause these scammers to steal a drop get kicked change name get bak in and take drop. Clans could be opening up to people to be robbed
Filli-Ranger 185+
Fishgutz101-Rogue 130+
Killi-Mage 100+

Would You Like Fries With That?

I think a real issue with this has nothing to do with scammers changing names then scamming, i think this has more to do with the fact a scammer could changer his/her name and get into a high ranked mature clan. this could cause these scammers to steal a drop get kicked change name get bak in and take drop. Clans could be opening up to people to be robbed
Yeah well if it's once a year only..... could be difficult. But I would actually put the onus on the clan to protect themselves. If they recruit carelessly, then it's their own fault really.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

+1
I support the name and character look changes. I don't think the scamming is a real reason not to add these features, because as long as you follow OTM's instructions on trading etc and are careful, there is no way to get scammed.
I think showing a person's old name for a month or so is a good idea, but not next to their name above their avatar; that would make the names extremely long. Instead I think it should show previous names when you are looking at the characters profile screen by where you see their pvp title.
Also as Aileron mentioned a time limit (my opinion however is a year is kinda long, maybe more like 2-6 months) on when you can change your name is a good idea. Or name changing and character look changing could be purchased with plat. Either way, I support these ideas.
Gwydion
Neora,199 Ranger
Neorae, 146 Druid
Lumin, 101 Warrior
Neore, 110 Mage

I think 50 plat to change appearance seems a bit much, it would be nice to be a non plat way of doing it, it isn't anything amazingly helpful just fashion sorta.

Name changes could be done if implemented carefully and showed previous name somehow so we can keep an eye out for scammers and ignored characters should automatically switch over to new name.
Petition to Eliminate "No Shaming" Rule from World Forums!

Very bad idea ... The comments about scammers will come to be true.

I have seen this before. It will cause even more scamming. And IMHO any one here asking for the change may very well be a scammer. (Now that's guaranteed to get some responses, I bet!)

This should be a feature left to the administrators. Only they should be able to do this and only for good cause with good justification.

So my 2¢ ... Admin power only.