Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

*Closed* How much money have YOU spent on this game so far?

Thats it:

1. how much money have you spent (estimate if you don't know exactly)

2. levels of all your characters.

3. length of time played

Thanks

Ok since I want to hear from everyone I'm going to pick 2 random posts on this topic and come to their world and buy them 10 plat worth of items.

Also I'm going to pick one person as a "best sport" award and give them 10 plat as well.

So 3 prizes of 10 plat each :)
Last edited by mdimarco on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: How much money have YOU spent on this game so far?

Haha. I am curious what sort of graph this will produce. :lol:

First, though... It seems that you are using the base price as the reported number? ref: your $200 ($100 double plat).

What do you really want to know? How much platinum has come into the account? Or how much cash was spent?

Because if you are looking at cash, then only the cash value is of importance (adding taxes would also be of interest, as it shows the real money out of pocket... well, individual tax bracket would also be important, but that might be asking too much lol).

Whether that plat was bought on sale or not is of little importance, if you are asking "How much polly have you invested in your toon? And where has it got you?"

Maybe both money and plat should be in the question. Person A buys the $20 package 5 times during normal times, Person B buys the $100 package once during the double plat event. Person B has far more plat, though they spent the same amount of money.

Of course, the way in which plat is used is also of real importance, especially if you are dealing with the concept of leveling. Person C could buy a decent amount of plat, buy the top gold package, then buy 500K worth transformation charms and party dresses. That plat will have absolutely no effect on their character's ability in the field. Person D, on the other hand, uses that plat to buy elixirs etc., sells it to players, and now has a million gold to buy a decent offhand, some rejuv rings, bracelets, necklace, a crown and some armor, perhaps. They will do well in the game.

I am very intrigued (and saddened) when I see people talk about saving for an iTunes apple, or asking that OTM has a sale after payday... Maybe it's just me, but this game is a very small portion of my discretionary spending.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

Re: How much money have YOU spent on this game so far?

graph? who said graph? :lol:

I could use the xp/level graph to normalize for how many player hours relatively they put in to get to their respective levels and make a rough $/player hour figure.

But my main thing was just to take players spending per month and average it to give an average cost/month for a player :).

less of a graph topic, more of an averages one :)

We can see if money spent per player hour or length of time played is the biggest factor.

Maybe we could even make an equation that will predict how much money you will spend. Months played and player hour would be factors.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki