Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How is this game free?

When you go to the app store and download it, do you have to pay for it?

I'll wait...

It's the freemium system and this is how it works. You download for free and get hooked and then they give you options to buy things to progress further in the game.

Its Free to Play. As In anyone can play ut and not spend any money, but there is in culture and incentive a pretty weighted system in place to encourage you to buy in game plat purchases.

It's a smart system, makes them money and still let's more community members test drive it before they invest.

I think the community may be misunderstanding the OP, he isn't necessarily saying "This is ***! It's not free!" He could easily be saying "This game rocks, I can't believe it's free!"
Last edited by Teaweasel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Its a numbers game. If 100 people decide to download this game and give it a try, maybe 10 will continue to play it and out of those 10 one person may decide to buy something on the games plat shop. Its from those in game purchases that the minority make that allows the majority of folks to play for "free". I dont consider myself a big spender, but I like to try out differant builds and such and that costs me a few bucks here and there. I would spend more if the games prices where anywhere close to realistic for made up digital crap. Some other mobile mmo games such as Pocket legends have it figured out and they are thriving, the company that makes the legends games are now on their 4th game, and its all because they keep their prices low for in-game items. Using common sense keeps their prices low allowing for a much wider range of consumers to actually spend $$ on their game. Unfortunatley its not something that OTM has figured out yet.
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

I think the community may be misunderstanding the OP, he isn't necessarily saying "This is ***! It's not free!" He could easily be saying "This game rocks, I can't believe it's free!"
This is how I interpreted the OP. It sounded like Dalmad was actually psyched about the game. :)
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

Using common sense keeps their prices low allowing for a much wider range of consumers to actually spend $$ on their game. Unfortunatley its not something that OTM has figured out yet.

Have you checked the common sense in zealot MMO players?

It simply doesn't exist. MMO players are such a riddiculous business model because given the ability to spend, they will, and with riddiculous propensity. I don't think cutting prices will really generate more revenue for the company. I don't think they should raise them, but the business model seems highly successful, in that they just added 3x the work force(of the last update) at the company to make new content. Something I'm sure we won't fully feel the effect of for a few months, but still they are obviously rolling a sick profit, and throwing it back into the game at an alarming manner.

The zealous MMO spender has to be their Cash-Whale, and there are hundreds who play this game. The Legends analogy doesn't overly work, bc Legends offers games to both IOS & Andriod so their total community pool of offering a game to is huge, so cutting prices actually works with that many people buying a tiny bit. Here it's a much smaller pool, so different set up.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

???

It's amazing! How can this be free?

That's awesome man , I love the enthusiasm, what server are you on ? If it's morrigan , send me a friend request , I'll hook you up. Pm me in forum first :)
Shucks, I'm on Gwydion. Is there any way to change servers, perhaps?