Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dragon Gear requirement

#1
Now that the new underground zone is coming life within the next few weeks, I can’t help but wonder about the highly anticipated dragon gear.

I am sure they will be awesome but I am more curious about the requirements.

On one hand, I don’t want it to be as hard as the meteoric quest – 3 rems + 3 tabs + 1 item but it will be way too easy if it’s similar to the frozen quest – 2 crests + X orbs.
I remembered before update 3 was introduced, many classes were still running around in 1) Warden gear or 2) half completed meteoric quest.
Now seems like almost everyone (within the lv requirement) is running around in full frozen gear within 2 months. Even TeaW has announced hes buying rems and tabs for his clan despite having sufficient crests and orbs.

Assuming Dragon Gear by far will out surpass Frozen gear, the requirments should be harder but not as tough as meteoric quest.
Hopefully Admin and beta testers can find a middle ground in balancing it as it leads to game content boredom.

Also gentle reminder for Admin to look into the elemental resistance on non casters vs casters for the dragon gear. :lol:
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#2
We are aiming for a non-class restricted quest for the dragon weapons and armour, so it will be a bit more similar to the warden quest style. We are also looking into adding some interesting effects to it as well as just stats, but this will have to go through testing so I can't comment more until it's all been finished and tested.

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#3
Although i would prefer items required for dragon armour to be non-class specific, i cant help but think it would be rather easy to acquire and as time comes become common(like discs). i do hope a proper system can be implemented to make acquiring dragon armour to be more challenging (although not insanely hard)!

Since this has been mentioned, i am curious if weapon variety will be implemented for the new dragon armour
Lost - 182 Warrior - Taranis

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#4
For the weapon variety i think the best way would be to make a swap system where you can swap one weapon for another, rather than make separate quests for all the different weapon types. So for example if you have your warden sword, there is an npc would would exchange the sword for an axe or hammer.

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#5
admin wrote:For the weapon variety i think the best way would be to make a swap system where you can swap one weapon for another, rather than make separate quests for all the different weapon types. So for example if you have your warden sword, there is an npc would would exchange the sword for an axe or hammer.


How many swaps can you do? Cause I would like to train with dragon weapons.. That being said if you are to upgrade a weapon can you upgrade them if it is unlimited swaps?
Image

Proud Clansman of Avalon
“Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.”
“Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.”

If you need any advice, tips or have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#6
I would love to see a decent one-hand staff, as all druids are completely the same in terms of weapons. OK now a few are trying out H2H, but no one is using staff, as druids must rely on off-hand to gain energy.
LadyB - Ancient - LVL 188 Druid
MagicB - Ancient - LVL 188 Mage

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#7
admin wrote:We are aiming for a non-class restricted quest for the dragon weapons and armour, so it will be a bit more similar to the warden quest style. We are also looking into adding some interesting effects to it as well as just stats, but this will have to go through testing so I can't comment more until it's all been finished and tested.



Please make the gloves better than heroic haste gloves, and the helm better than bloodlust . Even the boots should be better than heroic speed boots.

It's a shame to wear 3 armor items on an alt character from level 1-150
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK
Image

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#8
Eliminater wrote:
admin wrote:We are aiming for a non-class restricted quest for the dragon weapons and armour, so it will be a bit more similar to the warden quest style. We are also looking into adding some interesting effects to it as well as just stats, but this will have to go through testing so I can't comment more until it's all been finished and tested.



Please make the gloves better than heroic haste gloves, and the helm better than bloodlust . Even the boots should be better than heroic speed boots.

It's a shame to wear 3 armor items on an alt character from level 1-150


The only possible way i can see people encouraged to wear a full dragon armour set all the time is that a good full set equip bonus is given
Lost - 182 Warrior - Taranis

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#9
Lost wrote:
Eliminater wrote:
admin wrote:We are aiming for a non-class restricted quest for the dragon weapons and armour, so it will be a bit more similar to the warden quest style. We are also looking into adding some interesting effects to it as well as just stats, but this will have to go through testing so I can't comment more until it's all been finished and tested.



Please make the gloves better than heroic haste gloves, and the helm better than bloodlust . Even the boots should be better than heroic speed boots.

It's a shame to wear 3 armor items on an alt character from level 1-150


The only possible way i can see people encouraged to wear a full dragon armour set all the time is that a good full set equip bonus is given


Ooh! I love the idea of a full-set bonus. It would be great to engourage the use of all types of armor sets, especially rare collectible sets like Darkflame or Connacht. Each armor set could offer an appropriate resistance, defense, regen, damage, etc. bonus. This sort of starts a separate thread tho...
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

Image

Re: Dragon Gear requirement

#10
Eliminater wrote:
admin wrote:We are aiming for a non-class restricted quest for the dragon weapons and armour, so it will be a bit more similar to the warden quest style. We are also looking into adding some interesting effects to it as well as just stats, but this will have to go through testing so I can't comment more until it's all been finished and tested.



Please make the gloves better than heroic haste gloves, and the helm better than bloodlust . Even the boots should be better than heroic speed boots.

It's a shame to wear 3 armor items on an alt character from level 1-150


Tend to disagree with this as the mentioned gear is in reality all lux items. It's a luxury item. For the quest armour to be better than Luxury gear probably means it will be more OP.

I do like the idea of full set equip bonus. + 1 :P
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests