Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Druids and Mages are being left in the other classes dust...

I think it's safe to say that nothing from this summer event benefits Mages or Druids, the only exception being the radiant helm which IMO isn't even that good compared to the crown of wizardry.
(yes I understand it's +300 hp and mp but that doesn't add to total focus like the crown does)

Lets face it at this point in the game there is still no equipment that helps a Mage be a better Mage or a Druid be a better Druid that can be obtained by killing a MOB.
The only way you can imporrove your Mage or Druid at the moment is:
1. Buy sigils
2. Buy a lux hp and mp ring (50k) a heroic ammy (200k) a book (200k) a crown (150k) and the two necks from scavenger lux (200k)
So in order to have a legit Mage in the game you need roughly 800k+ and with all the post about how hard it is to obtain gold you can now see why Mages complain a lot on forums because as of now a Mage is a RICH PERSONS CHARACTER.

So here us mages are struggling to lvl just for that 1 extra skill point to improve my skills damage, while Rouges, Rangers, and Warriors show up at 1 fight and obtain armor that is better then any other armor in the game.

To put it even more in a dumbed down explanation:
Before summer event everyone had the same options lux and scavenger lux:
Warriors: 7
Rouges: 6
Rangers: 8
Mages: 6
Druids: 6
(Ranking out of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best )
Rangers have always had the upper hand in this game Bolas is such a stupid move I can't complain about it enough.
And warriors armor is redicoulus taking in that most warriors have 3k+ health

Now after this summer event has had plenty time to flood each server with items:

Warriors: 9
Rouges: 8
Rangers: 10
Mages: 6
Druids: 6

The warriors went up because now on top of having a sword that does 80+ slash damage they get legs and bp adding 200 fire damage not to mention if they have a blackthorn neck and a golden side arm potentially bringing them to upwards 530+ damage along with the greatest armor and hp in the game you can easily see why they went up in ranking.
Now for Rouges and Rangers the same can be said about them, mega increases to damage, once again bringing there damage to upwards of 530+
Now we get to Mages and Druids as stated earlier none of these drops help them in the slightest bit, I know there's new rings and necks and brackets ect... But when it comes to rings no Druid or Mage will sacrifice a +4-+5 skill ring for any of those rings as we only depend on our skills for kills and to switch out any of the others to increase our 50 wand/totum hit.

I can't stress it enough that OTM has covered warriors rangers and rouges in this last summer event, but nows the time to get us Druids and Mages caught up and if you ask me there's only one way to do it....

HEROIC GLOVES OF SPELLCASTING
Stats:
Armor: poop
Weight: 2
Skill: reduces spell cast time by 30%
Spells cost 30% less
Spell cool down time reduced 30%
Class requirement: Mage, Druid

Or seeing how every other class has now the possibility of having 500+ dmg...

HEROIC GLOVES OF SPELLCASTING
Stats:
Armor: poop
Weight: 2
Skills: Fire magic +500, ice magic +500
Nature magic +500
Class requirement: Druid, Mage

Why a class requirement?
Because RANGERS can use a spear and knuckle blades.
How idiotic is that?

Well I think I have given out the most thought out Mage rant in a while.
So for those of you that didn't read it all, basically every class has left us in the dust, and we need somehing soon, VERY soon...

Ty Ty
Dogma
Last edited by HoenheimOfLight on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Re: Druids and Mages are being left in the other classes dus

+1 I'd also like to see an item like gloves for casters, that would reduce their cast time too. It would basically be the equivalent as Haste gloves which already benefit other classes, but don't really benefit casters at all. Good idea!

It's not related to summer-event mobs or lux, but it seems Aggra has been heavy on the caster drops so far to date (at least on Morrigan). Some good main hand books, rings, and bracelets. Hopefully that helps give you some hope. ;)
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

+1

Really would like to have spellcasting gloves that reduce time

+1
This would be a logical inclusion for casters to enjoy the heroic gloves of haste benefits.
It's simple to see how forgotten us Druids and Mages really are when you just look at the most used/bought lux items in the game and how none of them help increase our damage in a reasonable way...

+1 I'd also like to see an item like gloves for casters, that would reduce their cast time too. It would basically be the equivalent as Haste gloves which already benefit other classes, but don't really benefit casters at all. Good idea!

It's not related to summer-event mobs or lux, but it seems Aggra has been heavy on the caster drops so far to date (at least on Morrigan). Some good main hand books, rings, and bracelets. Hopefully that helps give you some hope. ;)
I've seen light heal drops from aggra which means other classes are put in there too but yes those drops seem to be aimed towards us.
So I guess it's nice to know that we do get drops only we get them from the hardest enemy in the game that has no set respawn time as well as no control over what it drops.
I like our odds!

I think part of the problem in the original post is a little misguided...(though some valid points are definitely made) The issue may be that you want mages and druids to be able to lead the offensive side of fights, like warriors, rogues, and rangers. Despite the fact that they have some damage-dealing skills, Druids/Mages have a plethora of support skills that really suggest they are not meant to be damage-dealing classes, but more role-players in groups. They are indeed very valuable classes for their support skills:

Druids - Group/Individual Heals & Regen, Abundance, Wards, etc.
Mages - Cloak, Lures, Sacrifice, etc. (as a rogue, I particularly appreciate being the beneficiary of all of these skills!)

Rather than wanting these classes to be the offensive equivalent of other classes, it might be better to look at what is available and set more reasonable expectations as to how they are expected be used. You just have to make the best of the apples you're dealt.
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

I think part of the problem in the original post is a little misguided...(though some valid points are definitely made) The issue may be that you want mages and druids to be able to lead the offensive side of fights, like warriors, rogues, and rangers. Despite the fact that they have some damage-dealing skills, Druids/Mages have a plethora of support skills that really suggest they are not meant to be damage-dealing classes, but more role-players in groups. They are indeed very valuable classes for their support skills:

Druids - Group/Individual Heals & Regen, Abundance, Wards, etc.
Mages - Cloak, Lures, Sacrifice, etc. (as a rogue, I particularly appreciate being the beneficiary of all of these skills!)

Rather than wanting these classes to be the offensive equivalent of other classes, it might be better to look at what is available and set more reasonable expectations as to how they are expected be used. You just have to make the best of the apples you're dealt.
Everything this person said about a Mage was introduced after update 3 and as for druids of coarse they are support.
But what this person doesn't understand is that they have built up the other classes, the last thing I want my lvl 147 Mage to be doing is buffing the warrior that already has a full radiant set. He already has enough power.
Books of alt are in game to switch to a support Mage when needed.
the point of the post is to show that all items in the game that have some stat besides a mp tick are for other classes, you even see a Mage with heroic gloves on, what about a bloodlust helm, better yet a bodkin?
If you have, then that Mage obviously doesn't understand how this game works magic damage/auto damage.
And if you think I'm gunna use any of my precious skill points on sacrafice to help you gain magic, you're absolutely insane.
WE'VE BEEN LOOKED OVER AND IT'S TIME FOR US TO FINALLY GET ITEMS THAT BENIFIT US AS CASTERS.
We got the tick items already but every other class does too, we need that 1 or 2 items that are separated for mage and Druid classes.

I hope they give mages and Druids more good stuff, as support players you deserve items that give you attack benefits for when solo.

And what light heal items are you referring to from Aggy ? (licks chops)
It was a light heal +6 or something
With +250 to spears.
Pick up that drool and now place your face in this possition D: