Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Druids and Mages are being left in the other classes dus

Everything this person said about a Mage was introduced after update 3 and as for druids of coarse they are support.
But what this person doesn't understand is that they have built up the other classes, the last thing I want my lvl 147 Mage to be doing is buffing the warrior that already has a full radiant set. He already has enough power.
My intent was not to challenge or discredit your points, but rather to provide an alternate perspective. Of course I understand that other classes have benefited from recent updates. I have spend plenty of time leveling different classes (all except for ranger).
What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want to buff a warrior because he is already wearing radiant armor? The purpose of a MMO is group collaboration and teamwork, to maximize the strengths of different classes.
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

Also need heroic bracers of energization
300 energy sigils
300k gold
Granted energy regain is needed from both classes but they already offer about 70+ mp per tick from lux items.
Sigil or tick gloves would be nice but it'd have to be worth it like +50 or even all the way to +80 but no set up should equal over a 150+ mp tick from lux store bought item(s)

What is the problem is now Mages/Druids auto hit for 40 while other classes can auto 800+ with the right set up.
This wouldn't be a problem if all classes didn't have at least 2 skills that do damage.

I can honestly say ever since the summer event started while in a group I never EVER get the kill, it's always a ranger, rouge or warrior. I at least stood a chance before this event now it's just pointless....
This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Everything this person said about a Mage was introduced after update 3 and as for druids of coarse they are support.
But what this person doesn't understand is that they have built up the other classes, the last thing I want my lvl 147 Mage to be doing is buffing the warrior that already has a full radiant set. He already has enough power.
My intent was not to challenge or discredit your points, but rather to provide an alternate perspective. Of course I understand that other classes have benefited from recent updates. I have spend plenty of time leveling different classes (all except for ranger).
What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want to buff a warrior because he is already wearing radiant armor? The purpose of a MMO is group collaboration and teamwork, to maximize the strengths of different classes.
All of your lures that I would use to help a warrior only help a warrior. So why would I put 30 points ino lure of soldiers, which add no benefit to me at all so in turn my 147 mage is now a lvl 117 Mage. And seeing how all Mage use fire lure add another 30 for that which now makes me a lvl 87 Mage which 87 points to put into my build.... But wait!!!!! This summer armor adds heat damage meaning that my maxed fire lure is helping out their aleady full radiant ass.
Like I said books of alt are in the game for a reason, so you don't have to do dumb builds like this and play the game daily like it.

Bonus scenario:
Hey all let's do aggra!

Ok, who's got 2 alts I can buy for 5k?

Me!

Thanks!

(removes normal solo build, replaces with lures)

Ok I'm ready let's do this!

Simple as that.

As a mage, if you refuse cast Fire Cloak to buff a tank, or use Sacrifice to enable rogues to use Assassinate/Sneak Attack or refill energy of druids, or cast pierce/slash lures to help increase the damage of warriors/rogues/rangers whom you complain are already getting too much dmg benefits, it sounds like you've built yourself solely for the purpose of soloing and not benefitting a group in any way.

If you're just casting Fireballs and Iceshards and slapping mobs with your wand and trying to get the kill yourself each time, rather than helping the overall benefits of a group, I have to say it seems like you're missing out on some key aspects of how to best utilize a mage. I wish you good luck, but I also see an lonely and unfulfilling road ahead for you.
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

I think i saw admin post on another topic that skill cast time cannot be reduced by item equips at the moment because of the engine the game is running on needs updating first, ill have to dig through my posts and find it for you.
Eh I trust your word Finnish as I figured this would already be taken care of.

And as for the post above you, how many skill points do you have in your rouge/warrior/ranger to help any other class, oh wait that's right there are no major support spells that those classes can cast besides hide spells.
I would think having 30/30 fire cloak and 30/30 fire lure would be enough support from me seeing how that's 58 of my 147 points.
There was 1 class for support when I started this game and now half way through it they decide to add single class support spells to a Mage and now we're all supposed to support the other classes.
It's a joke and you know it.
So once again I shall say that that's what books of alt are for.
Not for me to run a class where 120 of my points are in lures and fire cloak so I can help out my team which already uses no play to kill bosses.

As a mage, if you refuse cast Fire Cloak to buff a tank, or use Sacrifice to enable rogues to use Assassinate/Sneak Attack or refill energy of druids, or cast pierce/slash lures to help increase the damage of warriors/rogues/rangers whom you complain are already getting too much dmg benefits, it sounds like you've built yourself solely for the purpose of soloing and not benefitting a group in any way.

If you're just casting Fireballs and Iceshards and slapping mobs with your wand and trying to get the kill yourself each time, rather than helping the overall benefits of a group, I have to say it seems like you're missing out on some key aspects of how to best utilize a mage. I wish you good luck, but I also see an lonely and unfulfilling road ahead for you.
Apparently you've never seen me in action because I haven't used my wand since update 3, and unless a warrior is taunting I'll be the one tanking.

I think i saw admin post on another topic that skill cast time cannot be reduced by item equips at the moment because of the engine the game is running on needs updating first, ill have to dig through my posts and find it for you.
Eh I trust your word Finnish as I figured this would already be taken care of.

And as for the post above you, how many skill points do you have in your rouge/warrior/ranger to help any other class, oh wait that's right there are no major support spells that those classes can cast besides hide spells.
I would think having 30/30 fire cloak and 30/30 fire lure would be enough support from me seeing how that's 58 of my 147 points.
There was 1 class for support when I started this game and now half way through it they decide to add single class support spells to a Mage and now we're all supposed to support the other classes.
It's a joke and you know it.
So once again I shall say that that's what books of alt are for.
Not for me to run a class where 120 of my points are in lures and fire cloak so I can help out my team which already uses no play to kill bosses.
All of my points on tanks are to help the group. All. Taunt and Warcry are the only crowd control skills in the game and pure support. While soloing those, and to a lesser extent are useless. Bash has to be maxed. Taunt and Cry need a goodly amount of points if you dont want chaos. Tanks are a support class if thought about from the very common single dps toon as the only 'non support' class. My (neglected) rogue has max smoke and is h2h for interrupts.

From a grouping point of view all dps is just support as well. They cannot survive and kill bosses. They cannot survive multiple mobs. They can kill one mob at a time within a couple of levels of their own, maybe up to 3 stars. Woo hoo... My tank and Druid can survive many bosses, but not kill them in any reasonable amount of time. Add a Mage and they can. Add rogue/ranger and the mobs die quick ish. The whole 'support' conversation, as it is, is a red herring, IMO.

It's not a joke. You just want a stand alone character. Good on ya. Trade offs are involved for any class wanting that. To build the stand alone you give up things about your utility to groups, and the reverse.

I am not saying that mages can't be improved. They can be. I am not saying they are not harder to solo level. They are. (no probs with group leveling though, they speed that process more than any other single class, including druids) There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel for people who want the traditional 'glass cannon' style Mage, and currently there isn't, as far as I can tell.

All of my points on tanks are to help the group. All. Taunt and Warcry are the only crowd control skills in the game and pure support. While soloing those, and to a lesser extent are useless. Bash has to be maxed. Taunt and Cry need a goodly amount of points if you dont want chaos. Tanks are a support class if thought about from the very common single dps toon as the only 'non support' class. My (neglected) rogue has max smoke and is h2h for interrupts.

From a grouping point of view all dps is just support as well. They cannot survive and kill bosses. They cannot survive multiple mobs. They can kill one mob at a time within a couple of levels of their own, maybe up to 3 stars. Woo hoo... My tank and Druid can survive many bosses, but not kill them in any reasonable amount of time. Add a Mage and they can. Add rogue/ranger and the mobs die quick ish. The whole 'support' conversation, as it is, is a red herring, IMO.
Q F T !
World: Rhiannon