Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

As I was playin Mage couple things came to mind about the existing spells. First sacrifice should be changed to either leech or energy heal much like natures touch. My vision of leech would be instead of taking health from our self to regain mana, it should be leeching health from other enemies/players to regain mana. By changing this, the spell would be then considered more a damage spell that regains mana rather than what it is now: a support spell. Or if OTM wanted to keep it the way it is for support then my suggestion would be that it heals energy like natures touch and that it doesn't take away ones health to use it. Just a simple cast and it restores a decent amount of energy. When I think of Mage I think of Druid in a way that Druids heal health mages heal energy. Mages energy boost to me is like Druids embrace but mages energy boost is worse than Druids embrace. When I think of sacrifice I feel it should be like Druids natures touch. Then I think by implementing this, it would solve many complaints about mages as I agree with all mages that the energy issue is definitely an issue.

Another idea that came up was lures. Many mages feel a waste to put points in lures besides the fire and ice lure of course as those are their main lures for their spells but rather lure of giants, lure of soldiers and lure of assassins. I do feel assassins is good to use in boss fights to increase dps for rogues and therefore it in my opinion is still useful. Not many players use crush for damage or slash for damage. My thoughts was to have to change the lures to something like warriors protective stance or Druids bark. Have one spell by combining lure of assassins, soldiers and giants so that it decreases all those resistances instead of putting points in each one. It could even be a new spell instead of changing the existing ones to make it more like a group lure like group heal or group abundance and it gives less decrease of resistances than the individual lures do but this spell could reduce resistances to all mobs in a certain area. But I think the best would be to combine them in one and use for a specific target because if used as a group lure it would still be a useless skill as it draws more aggro toward mages as opposed to a single spell that targets a single enemy.
Last edited by Kartier on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Druid 180+ Debinosuke
Rogue 150+ Kartier
Ranger 70 Kartier2
Mage 60 Kartier3
Warrior 35 Kartier4

Clan: Soulsignited
World: Crom

FIX DRUIDS OTM!!
Refuse to buy plat until druid energy issues are addressed!
Post this on your signature if you agree!

Thanks for the feedback - if you could make one change to mages what would it be?

ONE change? Remove Fire and Ice distinction, or combine them into one Magic Line.

Warriors have Melee Combat + weapon(s)
Rogues have Cunning + Dagger (really weapons but how many rogues use something other than dagger?)
Druids have Nature's Touch + Totem (and staff...)
Mages have Fire And Ice + wand
World: Rhiannon

Thanks for the feedback - if you could make one change to mages what would it be?

ONE change? Remove Fire and Ice distinction, or combine them into one Magic Line.

Warriors have Melee Combat + weapon(s)
Rogues have Cunning + Dagger (really weapons but how many rogues use something other than dagger?)
Druids have Nature's Touch + Totem (and staff...)
Mages have Fire And Ice + wand
I take my post back and want to add this
+1

sigh,

Im afraid the mage class needs more work than what would be acomplished with a single change....

Not saying anything new here, everything that was said before are good solid ideas that would improve the class.

About the PVP...yea its fun and all- but pvp is NOT what the game is focused on. you dont get gold or armor or complete quests by being great at pvp, its a side game thats fun. thats it. its irrelevent to the overall journey of the mage. if your worried about tweeking mages bc it would make them over powered in pvp- make a few spells non-pvp-able.

I think the lure idea was fantastic. mages have a hard time spreading the points around as it is without putting points into something that doesnt help the mage, only the group.

Mages do need to deal more damage or lesser cool down and have faster energy regen. Sacrifice does help, but again- its not enough. And this is a lvl 110 mage with NO SIGNALS WHATSOEVER talking...

as for energy healing...kinda hard to heal what you cant see. and if im using sacrifice to heal a clannie, my health gets so low that i die with one blow. it would be helpful to tweek it so it give a larger boost of energy to a smaller amout of health lost. alot of mages dont have a whole lot of health to begin with since we are pretty much are forced into using energy build to compensate for energy shield and ice shards. (was forced to use it and switch to an energy build at lvl 98 when i couldnt even solo 1* mobs at my own lvl with maxed damage and lure spells)

we are one of the smallest class communities- but we are screaming at the top of our lungs to fix our class. isnt it sad that it looks like a melee build for a MAGE is the best option out there?

Sincerely,

Lady Rosethorn of Rhiannon
Guardian to Rapture Eve
Rhiannon Mage lvl 200+

-Clan Member of InnerCircle.
-Past Guardian of RaptureEve, Dead but never forgotten.

we are one of the smallest class communities- but we are screaming at the top of our lungs to fix our class. isnt it sad that it looks like a melee build for a MAGE is the best option out there?

Sincerely,

Lady Rosethorn of Rhiannon
Guardian to Rapture Eve
+1
I have been training h2h just for going this route. It IS a shame we're forced to become a melee class just to be viable.