Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

One more very important point I forgot to mention. I had rebirthed to put every single point into Focus. So 5 Vit (with gear I had something in the neighborhood of 325 health) 5 Dex and 5 Str - every single point in focus. This was temporary to see how hard I could hit.

Disapointing to say the least.
Cheers!
Kasha 222 Mage - Full EDL
Sylk 215 Rogue
Saffrron 220 Druid
Wasabii 191 Ranger
Paprikash 140 Warrior
DL Crown drop rate is a horrible joke STILL!

One more very important point I forgot to mention. I had rebirthed to put every single point into Focus. So 5 Vit (with gear I had something in the neighborhood of 325 health) 5 Dex and 5 Str - every single point in focus. This was temporary to see how hard I could hit.

Disapointing to say the least.
Yes, it seems no matter how hard one try's, one cannot make a mage to be competitive in DPS.
DPS caster should be an option for mages. Personally I like a support melee hybrid, but DPS caster should be a viable option as well.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

If a mage has to go melee to be anything of a dps class, something is wrong.
Now, Kasha, as (s)he said, is not exactly any mage out there. Even IF she didn't have the problem us commoners ( ;p) had, which is not the case, she's got some of the best gear in game, which not all mages can afford. That even with that high-end gear (s)he still doesn't hit at least as hard as anyone else with every single point in focus, while both rogue and warriors can get the best of both worlds with better damage, health and armor, proves mages are indeed flawed.

We are not a support-only class. We should at the very least have the same choice as the other part-support class : ranger. Just like they can be dps or hybrid, we should be able to do one of the two.
Hopefully admin will have looked the feedback thread we posted a while back and will get the team on fixing at least some of our issues.

I completely agree about having a choice. And its she by the way (that's hubby Jiriki, 119 ranger in the avatar with me.) Warriors can go full tank, full dps or hybrid. Rangers have a range of choices, as do rogues, heck druids can go fully support or keep a few points in damage and be able to solo, albeit slowly.

I have posted multiple times and agree with Papi that the orginal vision for mages was muddled at best and certainly not as a mainly support class. If you look at the spells mages had prior to update 3 really the only support spells we had were boost, well and cloak. Until massive amounts of heat damage melee armor were added with the summer event fire lure was mainly a mage serving spell, as was ice lure and the rest.

Suddenly update 3 comes along with predominately support spells and everyone wants to re-define mages BUT mages. Like earlier posters in this thread I have played mages for years, all the way back to the oldest MUD in existence (which is still up and running by Simutronics) and even paper D&D before that and NEVER have mages been locked into a sole support (and I know this is going to be controvertial but I'll say it anyway because its how I'm being made to feel...a slave class.) Now, if you read my posts you will see I advocate just as strongly for druids - actually casters in general as I have almost as much fun playing a druid as a mage.

When I feel like supporting my friends I druid and I really enjoy being needed and counted on to keep people alive and to keep the group from wiping on a tough boss or raid. Sometimes I want to nuke the crap out of something and lets face it...feel pride in getting the kill. Is that so wrong?
Cheers!
Kasha 222 Mage - Full EDL
Sylk 215 Rogue
Saffrron 220 Druid
Wasabii 191 Ranger
Paprikash 140 Warrior
DL Crown drop rate is a horrible joke STILL!

Well old timer, in the past 10 years I've played mmos mages were a mix of dps and support. Some differ from dps or support. They aren't a dps class in any mmo I've played before. They were always mostly support. But with strong attack spells. I agree they need to fix Mage. I believe it should come sooner or later. That's why I'm leveling a Mage now.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.