Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

In recent times ive seen a few posts changing the Essense of a Mage to a melee build. This is clearly due to the fact that mages suck.

The simple equation should be the lower the armour the higher the damage. As we all know, this isn't the case.

I'm further pissed off with the new dragon equipment. Once again it favors the melee classes and ignores completely the caster types. Adding damage in armour does nothing for the casting classes. Given the game has 2 out of 5 classes being cast type why is it so difficult to create items which help these classes? if it is the intention of OTM to have next to no mages in the game they are clearly making a good attempt at it.

When people say that mages are too pvp OP. Who cares! only a small minority play this game for the pvp functionality and it doesn't even amount to anything.

My suggestion is that if OTM would like a diverse playing group in the game they have to make mages OP to get the numbers to even out. What's the worse case scenario? Already the warrior and ranger classes are OP. Warriors are high armour and high damage, rangers have bolas and light heal.

Just sick of it OTM!

Your Mage class makes you a lot of money through Sigils purchases as mandatory as oppose to a luxury.

OTM we are a small minority yet he have the highest number of posts regarding how many problems we have. This should get you thinking that you should fix this over creating new content. Can you please respond, else I would have to assume its because you don't know how to fix this.

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

It is not a bad class mages are the easiest class to solo lvl since it has shield but yes i agree mages should have a bigger weapon variety and have stronger armor
and also its easiest to lvl becos its easier to regain energy than health and u dont need waste points into bandage as much as warriors and other classes
edit: some powerful mages are so powerful they can solo wisp bosses like fellfire without pots and can kill all 1-2* red boss placeholders and more different bosses like guzzletusk and fairiequeen
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Veteran CH Player, playing since December 2011.
Proud owner of a white coven

Proud Member of Aeon
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"
There is no sweet fruit for CH...

Druids can have a better dps than dps warriors and sometimes rangers and rouges it just all depends on ur build same goes for mage
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Proud Member of Aeon

Sorry Godzilla, I have to disagree with you and say nages are one of the hardest to solo lvl. While I agree that if Ur intention was to only kill one mob then energy shield is very useful. But if you intend to kill many mobs to solo you have to wait so long for the energy shield to finish coolin down an then time it so that you can get 2 shields up. That an the energy costs for each skill/ spell is so high rejuv items can't keep up. I have lots of Sigils and still find its not enough (over 4000 plat worth)

In addition you have to keep in mind energy shield as a number is worth less than another class given the low armour.

Sorry Godzilla, I have to disagree with you and say nages are one of the hardest to solo lvl. While I agree that if Ur intention was to only kill one mob then energy shield is very useful. But if you intend to kill many mobs to solo you have to wait so long for the energy shield to finish coolin down an then time it so that you can get 2 shields up. That an the energy costs for each skill/ spell is so high rejuv items can't keep up. I have lots of Sigils and still find its not enough (over 4000 plat worth)

In addition you have to keep in mind energy shield as a number is worth less than another class given the low armour.
no1 i see the point u are trying to get accross but im saying mages are the easiest class to lvl solo without any help, plat items and lux items
no2 i can solo 3 1* red eyes i cast cloak then shield and fire lure and start killing 3 at once and cast lures on all 3 but use fire ball/ice shards on the 1 i am attacking then once ive killed it the other 2 are already 1/2 health due to my cloak and they're all dead before u know it and it doesnt take long
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Proud Member of Aeon

mages are a tough level, but are easily as important as druids in high level clans, because mages are the BEST dps support

mages are not designed to be solo dps, but a support class(pierce lure is the best thing to invest in)

i have a lvl 83 mage, i have good dps, and level very easily in group

good mages can up to half the time a boss kill takes

please stop trying to be top dps classes, you are a dps support class with the options to be an eshield tank/ energy "druid" or full support where you max lures and cloak, or a traditional build where you can solo, but also good for boss fights

best solo build i hhave found at 83 is max fire lure,cloak,bolt and incinerate

extra points in the in combat energy regen
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Just to give everyone an idea of the signicant disparity of classes

To be within the top 200 players in the game you need to have a lvl of 141 or more (211 players in that category). If you split this out by classes this is the split:

Druid: 17 out of 211
Mage: 20 out of 211
Ranger: 33 out of 211
Rogue: 58 out if 211
Warrior: 83 out of 211

The mix doesn't look right does it.

me at lvl 83 with mage can solo iron ph 3* with lvl 90 tank he will tank till he dies then i use shield when he runs back then i run and we kill in about 2mins using this pattern and i have max shield, lure and cant remember the rest but very similar between pigmans build also i killed chillmist as a tank with my epic shield with druids healing which suprised me very much so
edit: thats because very few will choose mages because most people say they are horrible and are hard to lvl, but with the right equipment and stats u will be able to defeat any other class same lvl as u and i killed a lvl 93 rouge with full diamond armor and weapons
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Proud Member of Aeon

mages are a tough level, but are easily as important as druids in high level clans, because mages are the BEST dps support

mages are not designed to be solo dps, but a support class(pierce lure is the best thing to invest in)

i have a lvl 83 mage, i have good dps, and level very easily in group

good mages can up to half the time a boss kill takes

please stop trying to be top dps classes, you are a dps support class with the options to be an eshield tank/ energy "druid" or full support where you max lures and cloak, or a traditional build where you can solo, but also good for boss fights

best solo build i hhave found at 83 is max fire lure,cloak,bolt and incinerate

extra points in the in combat energy regen
I understand what you're saying, but at level 126, im full support and level probably like once a week. I can only group train at wyverns, because thats what the indirect DPs led me up for. The thing is, i have to be in a big group to level as thats what my stats are set up for. If i want to level with a druid, oh theres an alt book. An warrior, another alt book, a rouge, another alt book, a ranger, another alt book.

Each class has different strengths and weaknesses, and i have to set up my classes for. No other class has to alt to train with different people. The only way i can train at the minute is with 130+ at wyverns, and thats pretty tough seeing how the level rouge and druid live in the U.K. and i come back from school when they're asleep.

What should be done to mages, is to tweak them to solo better. Sure we have great indirect DPS, but that doesn't really matter if I dont have the stats for it does it? Im level 126, and I have probably wasted over 30 alt books. I wonder what other high level mages have...
I will occasionly browse the forums, but for the most part im done.

If you wish to contact me, please feel free to message, as my E-mail is hooked up with the messages :D

Thank you everyone, for making this a special game.