Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Target lock. Could e worst thing in game if admn puts in gam

Ok heres the scenario if target locking gets in game.
U just need to get someone with potions to pot the boss while backup gets there. I dont think I need to elaborate more on this topic because all high lvls will agree would mess things up since u would just need to lock and let other clans do 99% of damage and that even i ksing isnt a good thing having some competition is fun! Also if theres no interaction for bosses whats the point of this game being an MMO? If u read this and think im right reply +1 before admin those a mistake. Thx guys

Dannak
dannak lvl153 tank
Proud member of Avalon

Re: Target lock. Could e worst thing in game if admn puts in

Ok heres the scenario if target locking gets in game.
U just need to get someone with potions to pot the boss while backup gets there. I dont think I need to elaborate more on this topic because all high lvls will agree would mess things up since u would just need to lock and let other clans do 99% of damage and that even i ksing isnt a good thing having some competition is fun! Also if theres no interaction for bosses whats the point of this game being an MMO? If u read this and think im right reply +1 before admin those a mistake. Thx guys

Dannak

No.

You will know if your group doesn't have the lock.

Then just let the one player die. Its pretty hard to start a boss and keep yourself alive for very long on pots.

While it may make rushing a little bit bigger problem, I think it is a good step to prevent KS. Then Rushing can be addressed later.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Lol it's simple to grab a boss and survive. Watch how many rangers are op and bolas is op posts start when target lock is implemented
Ya I guess Rangers can, or way over level tanks.

But the thing is that high levels can do the same thing now. Even if the lower levels started in after the high level, they would still have no chance to get the boss anyway as more high levels from the high level players clan started to arrive.

For competitive groups of similar levels there would be more of a difference.

But would it be any worse really? I don't think so. Then you aren't inadvertantly supporting another clan with your plat lol, you would know who has the kill from the get-go.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

The only people I can see directly negativley effected from target lock would be clans that were designed to KS.
Sort of but this is taking away fun from some servers.
OTM before you make a decision go get 20-50 beta testers put them into two rival clans then,
Firstly try this old method dps being the prime factor of which team gets the boss
Secondly try the target lock method.

In my opinion ks is the fun way to go since people wait some time for bosses to pop up then when one is finally up its like REJECTED.... such and such hit it first.
Server:Danu
Class:Ranger
Name:Funnish
Level:153

Think of the clanless like me who may have the pots and some friends at a hope of getting a boss when a larger clan sees and calls all there 120+ levels.Or u have been camping for hour on falgren and it spawns then a larger clan comes and kses, it has happened to me and it was no fun :cry: But it also eliminates competition in the game for bosses.It seems that your with the better clan or your not then your gonna get ksed without the lock

target lock only works if groups actually still wipe to bosses. Many times we have seen a group bite more than they can chew and kill a boss for two hours and just use idols and pots to keep him from resetting. I don't mind coming in second on a boss just as long as I know there's a chance for us to get him if they wipe, but that never happens anymore.

Fix the idol timer first before implementing target lock.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.