Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Two New Policies

Admin posted two new very valid pieces of advice today for those that haven't noticed. He's obviously done it for a reason; there are too many people saying their items were scammed or accounts 'hacked'. I've seen it too: most posts in the Support forum are people complaining about lost accounts and scammed items and I get frustrated just looking at them, never mind replying!

So please read the following links and take them into consideration, for the sake of everyone!

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... =6&t=15609
http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... =5&t=15610

Thanks, and sorry to those who are wiser with their accounts and already knew this. :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Re: Two New Policies

Admin posted two new very valid pieces of advice today for those that haven't noticed. He's obviously done it for a reason; there are too many people saying their items were scammed or accounts 'hacked'. I've seen it too: most posts in the Support forum are people complaining about lost accounts and scammed items and I get frustrated just looking at them, never mind replying!

So please read the following links and take them into consideration, for the sake of everyone!

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... =6&t=15609
http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... =5&t=15610

Thanks, and sorry to those who are wiser with their accounts and already knew this. :)
Thanks, can you please share this with as many people as possible:

1) You can't get hacked, the only way to lose your account is by sharing your password or typing it into some dodgy website offering free plat.
2) You can't get scammed unless you give items to someone - just keep your items to yourself, don't give them to other players and you will never get scammed.

If we can just get this knowledge to as many players as possible it will stop a lot of them getting scammed.

2) You can't get scammed unless you give items to someone - just keep your items to yourself, don't give them to other players and you will never get scammed.
How would you suggest we transfer items between our characters without giving our items to another person?
In the next update we are introducing a mailing system that will allow you to transfer items between your alts.
Terms of Service, Policies and Procedures: http://celtic-heroes.com/support/

Um..

This is like saying.. If you don't have sexual relations with anyone you won't get any STD's. So to never get STD's, just NEVER have Sex.

It's totally true. But um... Yeah.. No one is gonna follow that advice.

The issue is player economy. MMO's create a player economic trade scheme, admittedly in this game it really is bare bones, but it's still there. And if you don't trade items, you basically will need to buy tons of plat to be totally self-sufficient. Now I know One Thumb isnt frightened by that possibility, but it's the reality.

I'm not out to say that these policies are wrong, they aren't, but one of them(the items one) is very shallow to the Player-Experience. I fully understand by the next update the game will have completely fixed this issue. There will be no reason to ge scammed like this ever, and the game will really then have arrived.

This is an attempted band-aid on kid's who are just too stupid, or too naive to understand when they are being fleeced...and for kid's it's great advice. But for most mature players, it's like my original analogy... Thanks, but no thanks.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

@Teaweasel: Using your analogy, you should only have sex if you are 100% sure of the dangers and some people don't understand that. That's why there is a law about under-age sex: don't do it at all. When you are likely to be mature enough (i.e. over 16 in the UK) to understand what you are doing then you can do it. The same goes for trading: if everyone follows that system until the update then there will be no problems. Unless you are 100% sure that what you are doing can have negative implications, then don't do it. If you do decide to trade items and you are scammed, then don't come running to Support or the forums complaining and moaning that they're taking too long to give back items or that they cannot retrieve your items. A conscious decision is needed so that rule is probably the smallest of the large umbrellas needed to cover the whole Celtic Heroes community from the shower of scammers. :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Um..

This is like saying.. If you don't have sexual relations with anyone you won't get any STD's. So to never get STD's, just NEVER have Sex.

It's totally true. But um... Yeah.. No one is gonna follow that advice.

The issue is player economy. MMO's create a player economic trade scheme, admittedly in this game it really is bare bones, but it's still there. And if you don't trade items, you basically will need to buy tons of plat to be totally self-sufficient. Now I know One Thumb isnt frightened by that possibility, but it's the reality.

I'm not out to say that these policies are wrong, they aren't, but one of them(the items one) is very shallow to the Player-Experience. I fully understand by the next update the game will have completely fixed this issue. There will be no reason to ge scammed like this ever, and the game will really then have arrived.

This is an attempted band-aid on kid's who are just too stupid, or too naive to understand when they are being fleeced...and for kid's it's great advice. But for most mature players, it's like my original analogy... Thanks, but no thanks.
Hey I get your point about trading, but this is about people GIVING their items to someone and expecting them to be given back or some payment be given at some time in future.

It's not about trading, its to stop people giving someone an item because they asked to try it on - or to give an item and then they will log in their main and pay you.

So basically unless it's a complete trade in one go, don't give the items.

But also in many ways it is like the std example in that if you do want to ignore this rule and take risks by giving out your items then you also have to accept that at some point in the future it is likely that you will lose items.

Understood. The policy however doesn't really cover that specific side of giving items...it's more blanketed toward all or nothing. I just read it and interpreted it in a totally different way than you initially intended. And the onus of the communication is always on the communicator.

I completely understand your desired purpose for this specific policy, but right now it may be over simplified and mis construed.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)