Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Players

I hate wen players r in donns room and wen u come in and say u will kill sometin someone come over and say y not i will kill because i was here ALL DAY im sick of dat who agrees
TIGHTY32
107+
WARRIOR
MABON

Re: Players

It is somewhat intelligible, but Paddy's grammar does leave something to be desired and as such it is difficult to follow (no offence Paddy). ;) For the record, several of the more active posters on here did give Paddy the gears over his spelling, grammar, and punctuation but his response was something to the effect of:

"I am only 14 - no way am I using punctuation!!!!"

LOL!

Regardless, I don't think we can expect much change from Paddy around here and there is no rule about using proper grammar on the forums, so it is a moot point... For his sake though, I hope he takes more care with his writing when he is in school... (sorry, as a teacher I can't resist commenting!) :P

Getting to Paddy's point, I gather that he is complaining about when he is running from room to room all day in the crypt to kill baddies and try to level, but when he enters a room and says that he is going to take out one of the enemies, the people already in that room complain about it (even if they just logged in).

At the end of the day, noone has their name on ANY MOB, so go in and kill whatever you like (I know people will complain that I am justifying kill stealing here, but so be it...). Just don't expect other players to be very pleased about it, whether they just logged in or not - especially if you are already way ahead of them in level!

So you are the one sitting in the room patiently and someone else runs into the room and claims a kill? And then who complains - you or the other person who runs in? I am not sure I follow who is being wronged here...

Also Paddy, although I am willing to entertain the possibility that your novel spellings are a form of phonetic, regional dialect, I am quite sure that when it is written some punctuation is used. Observe:
Shaggeligic your half right but its the oder way around and yes im 14 and from ireland and dat my proper language
Teachers Edition: Shaggadelic, you're half right, but it's the other way around. And yes, I'm 14 and from Ireland, and that is my proper language.

PS: Northern Ireland or Republic of?

THE ANNOYING STUDENT WHO CORRECTS EVERYONE'S EDITION:
Teacher's Edition: Shaggadelic you're half right, it's the other way around. And yes, I'm fourteen from Ireland which is my proper language.
Ghostman
Lvl 51
Ranger
World Herne
Chieftain of Infallible

Paddy, the forums are here for players to engage in discussion - If you don't expect/want people to respond, then you shouldn't post anything to begin with. You asked a question and I tried my best to understand it and respond... As for my grammar lesson, I was just trying to impress upon you that if you use a little more care when writing posts, you may get better feedback from people!

I am genuinely trying to figure out what your issue is. I thought I understood your first post but after you wrote this:
Shaggeligic your half right but its the oder way around and yes im 14 and from ireland and dat my proper language
... I became confused about exactly what it was that you found annoying. Is it that you camping in a room killing lowly spawns, and then new people arrive and take the good kills... or are other people camping in Avatar's room and then you show up to claim the high exp baddies? Whatever the case, inevitably people will complain about all sort of things and there is very little you can do about it. My best advice is to do your best to share the mobs equitably amongst all players, help others when you can and if an enemy doesn't give you any exp at all - let someone else (lower level) kill it if possible. This sort of behaviour will reduce the number of complaints considerably. If you want to try explain your problem more clearly, perhaps someone can provide a more satisfactory response...

PS: And Ghostman:
THE ANNOYING STUDENT WHO CORRECTS EVERYONE'S EDITION:
Teacher's Edition: Shaggadelic you're half right, it's the other way around. And yes, I'm fourteen from Ireland which is my proper language.
I really think you should have left the 'but' in the first sentence, the use of a conjunction there illustrates that I was on the right track but missed the mark slightly - otherwise you should put a period or semi-colon between those two distinct and complete sentences. Second, Ireland is a place, not a language so your version doesn't quite make sense... in my version, 'that' referred to Paddy's writing style in general :P

OK, OK, I am done with the grammar lessons already!!! Sheesh! ;)
I won't post ANYTHING else on this thread, I promise! :)

I hate when players are in the donns room and when you come in and say u will kill sometin, someone come over and say why not i will kill because i was here ALL DAY ,im sick of dat who agrees can you read dis
TIGHTY32
107+
WARRIOR
MABON

I think we covered this in game chat while you were visiting epona PaddyW, but here goes anyway:

If someone has been sitting in the avatar's room for a loonnnggg time just waiting for a decent enemy to spawn, and then you come in and kill it before them, I can see how some players might get annoyed. Even still, just sitting in a room for the longest doesn't entitle you to get first crack at every monster who spawns there! If that were the case, I would probably be level 60+ by now instead of a lowly 59! lol If you encounter someone who is complaining like this, try to work out an agreement where you can share the good spawns, and if they aren't willing to do so then it is every man for himself! Whoever is the more efficient killer will rule the day! I suppose some ppl might construe my advice as justifying kill stealing, but frankly, there is no rule that says you can't kill steal anyway so until that changes, do what you gotta do!