Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Make The initial Warden armour quest easier

Derp I would just like to point out that I got my second dragon for my alt today. I am not bragging, I just wanted to say I camped Falgren for 6 spawns and there was no one else there. Then once he did spawn it took my clan like 5 minutes to get there to help me kill him. The quest definitely is achievable. At the same time you are absolutely right, we did not have to deal with lvl 140s when we did these quests. We did have to deal with kill steals though. Many aspects of this game do require a commitmet and a grind. I also understand that if you aren't in one of the top clans on the server it is very difficult to get a group together to kill these bosses. I think the reason they kept the warden quest at lvl 50 is because it is supposed to take longer. Also meteoric quests are much harder than the warden one. It took me months in the top clan on the server to get my meteoric chest. I would say keep trucking along man, you will get them eventually. If you need a hand on falgren msg me on server I will e happy to help you out.

I don't necessarily think it's fair to pigeonhole Derp as a noob-whiner because he is looking for an alternative or further tweak to Warden Quest. Sure noob whiners do exists, they are more or less light-weights in every nuance of MMO's and always seek easy before fun, but Derp doesn't sound like that.

It sounds like on Derp's world you have Stonevale PapaDruid spawns fully monopolized, past the point of fair competition. So anyone in this situation, fighting against lvl 120's-140's who can kill falgren in less than a minute makes his situation even less appealing.

I didn't get full warden for 3 months of questing for it, not till I was lvl 87, maybe 88. So I understand the older players responses, but as Derp says we didn't have anyone over lvl 100 farming the spots...there was a little but of time to ask nicely or something in regards to falgren spots...now the fight can be downed in 30s.

Personally I don't agree with Derp, but I think the community's response to him has been pathetic, writing him off, telling him to shut up? Except for Greenbigg, of course. Falgren in many ways kinda boils down to who you know and how you've treated people up to that point in world. Because people actually usually wanna help good personalities on their server's succeed. I would do as Greenbigg says an just keep going, camp a bit, reach out for help, treat people nicely.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

morrigan is not as bad as derp makes it out, there are 3 clans that take fal regularly, and the top clan (avalon) is barely interested in him so its usualy tarmon or golg at fal... drags are quite easy to obtain on morrigan as there are 3-4 clans capable of getting them
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I am sorry if I am not being clear enough. My problem is not with the dragon discs. It lies with the whole warden being as hard to obtain as meteoric. I want to spend money and play believe me I really like this game and don't want to see it go away but instead grow it bigger and better. Why can't the game reflect the changes of the newer gear? My concerns are that new players will get burned out from grinding just so they can get to level 80ish to do a rewarding quest. Right now between about 40 - 80 the game is very boring.
DR Derp of Donn
Meh

youre right on that, actually there is nothing to do other than kill bosses and grind once you get past the stonevale quest line

there needs to be more quests no doubt
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

I posted this on another thread, but I think because of this new gear and the relative lowered standing of Warden Gear, it would make perfect sense to me to drop Dragon Requirements down to 1 Dragon each for both wep & BP. I recognize this nerf's the quest, but let's be rational the entire armor set is nerfed in the eyes of the armor echelons that exist now.

I think this solution would change the bottleneck, make many people turn in their quests, and allow for a better more accessible dragon farming/buying situation without changing the non-quest drop situation, or the non-trade disc arguments. Personally given all the changes to the game, I don't have issue with this quest's difficulty changing to suit the apparent value of the set.

yeah that could work, i would maybe prefer 1 drag for chest, and 2 for wep- only because the weapon becomes very key later on
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon

yeah that could work, i would maybe prefer 1 drag for chest, and 2 for wep- only because the weapon becomes very key later on
Yep 2 for wep would also perhaps prevent the huge bottleneck of all those players looking for the diamonds and gold ingot for compass quests because that many people going for those all at once not to mention wisps might be riddiculous. But 1 dragon BP would lower the Pre-Req of dragon frags from 4 to 3 or by 25%.

I posted this on another thread, but I think because of this new gear and the relative lowered standing of Warden Gear, it would make perfect sense to me to drop Dragon Requirements down to 1 Dragon each for both wep & BP. I recognize this nerf's the quest, but let's be rational the entire armor set is nerfed in the eyes of the armor echelons that exist now.

I think this solution would change the bottleneck, make many people turn in their quests, and allow for a better more accessible dragon farming/buying situation without changing the non-quest drop situation, or the non-trade disc arguments. Personally given all the changes to the game, I don't have issue with this quest's difficulty changing to suit the apparent value of the set.
This.
TWO for the weapon? I don't know, maybe one dragon with some more of the other discs?

This idea is dumb. I like the quest how it is. The point of wardn is not to get full by lvl 55 that'd be no fun. See my Druid has everything but bp and wep since lvl 52 and it was boring not worrying bout camping bosses for frags. Plus some people are just now getting warden bp and there 100+ so that's the fun part (:

AMEN. I am tired of all the whiners! I am level 132 and have not completed meteoric... I still need one last wisp for my weapon. But it is an involved quest. Warden..... OMG, so many newer people do not realize how hard it was. I was around 100 when I got my last warden piece. I think those of us who have done the Warden quest can all agree it is not something you do in a few days or levels. One Does Not SImply Walk into Mordor!

Do Not Make Warden Any Easier.
Gort
CH Wiki Editor
Fix Druid OTM! http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 48&t=42033
Most Druids are dual-device.
I won't buy Plat until Druid issues are addressed.
Add this to your signature to show support.