Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rare Dropped Loot

I’m a little confused. I think I got my 1st piece of rare drop loot in SV this weekend (off a Bloodgrove Oakfist I believe), a sapphire falchion (slash 25, speed 2824, resist cold 15). I was really excited when I saw it, but on comparing the stats of the Emerald Falchion with the Ancient Falchion it is just awful.

I assumed it was supposed to be decent given that it is tagged as an important item, not like the random trash weapons that drop there. However, it has the exact same requirements (Warrior, 40 strength) to equip, but with about 60% of the DPS (granted it does give cold resist).

The part that surprised me was that this item dropped from one of the harder XP mobs in the zone (not counting bosses) as a very rare drop, but is substantially worse that vendor purchasable gear in that same zone. It isn’t even worth that much to a vendor.

I was just curious if this was the intent of the rare dropped loot and is typical of what to look for or if maybe it was just an oversight on stats/merchant value.

Thanks!

Re: Rare Dropped Loot

Yep it's a weird part of Celtic Heroes...that the dropped weapons in zones are just piss poor across the board especially by the time you get them...and you need to purchase them, from a vendor or hand-me-down for anything worthwhile, short of quest weps. Some event weapons in their day were awesome, but I think the fault of the situation lies in a really small itemization on weapon drops in game.

It's completely different from say OnC or PL,SL or other mobile MMO's where the lvl of the area dictates the possible lvl and worth of the drops...I have never figured out if it's just an oversight, or if it's a weird part of the culture that everyone now has just accepted and forgotten to complain about.

Good post.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Some of those sorts of weapons used to drop in the catacombs before shalemont and stonevale opened up if I am not mistaken (in a patch prior to update 1, perhaps?) and a whole slew of different varieties came out with that update again. In the first beta there was even a vendor that had a randomized stock of these (of varying strengths) in MacRoin encampment - it was pretty neat.

Alas, with the ancient gear these weapons lost any shine they might have had and now they are more or less something for the die-hard collectors with little practical use. I suppose you might be able to sell em to noobs but I don't think you with be able to make a lot of dough with them...

Some of the dragon gear is serving this purpose now, but I think it would be great if you could acquire some weapons/armor and jewelry from 4 star mobs in SV and OW that would be worth having. It doesn't have to be as good as luxury stuff, and it can still be rare, but it needs to be decent. I also think that rare drops of plat items pots/elixirs/idols/etc. would also be a nice touch (these could be very rare so as not to disrupt revenues, but it would certainly spice up the loot tables :D )

I got that same weapon fighting in DC. Like you, I was right happy to get something so rare... then, like you, I looked at the stats.

As was mentioned, it is probably some left over from before Stonevale was added... ie, back then that would have been a great score.

Quite interesting where you got it... Don't think I've ever seen a Druid drop a blade before.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.