Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New way to make gold

Well I have this idea of a better way to get gold since afk is no longer and just killing stuff is okay... How about he add so that u get some gold when u lvl up and as u lvl up u get more gold so people have more reasons to lvl up. Tell me what you think thank you
Last edited by sportlove on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolrd: Gwydion
Name: Isneak/Ilikehp
Class: Rouge/Druid
Lvl: 82+/ 45
Clan: BoundByBlood FTW

Re: New way to make gold

I believe we should get on the order of 4 plat every time we level up. Obviously less for lower levels so people don't repeatedly make low levels.
This would really encourage leveling as well as give non-plat buyers a way of gaining some plat. Instead of different for lower levels, could just start awarding once a player reaches level 20 as most players are not going to create and level a character to 20 just for 4 plat.
Guardian of Unbreakable on Danu
Solona Level 81 Rogue
Solonara Level 104 Mage
Eryn Level 72 Druid

I am not entirely for this sort of thing but it may be useful with a bit of tweaking...

Perhaps if, as a player levels up, they get a gold bonus (some percentage added) whenever they kill a mob that is within their own level range? (+/- 5 levels)

This might encourage players to stay in their own, level-appropriate zones more often rather than raping and pillaging in areas meant for the low levels.

I do think that having a small plat reward for certain level achievements is a good idea, but since this the only way that OTM generates revenue, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. A reasonable system for a plat reward would work like this IMO:

Reach level 10 - 5 free plat
Reach level 20 - 5 free plat
Reach level 30 - 5 free plat
Reach level 40 - 5 free plat
Reach level 50 - 10 free plat (and this continues until player reaches level 90)
Reach level 100 - 20 free plat (then back to 10 plat every 10 levels)

Even if the reward was 5 plat every ten levels it would be generous of the devs IMO, but for the reason stated, they may be reluctant to do this. After all, who will buy the cow if the milk is free? :lol:

On the other hand, this taste of platinum might even generate sales among some players who ordinarily wouldn't buy that sort of thing (assuming they get 'hooked').

The big downside of implementing this for the devs is that they would have to retroactively dole this out to all the players, lest they feel our wrath on the forums... That would probably recently in an immediate loss of revenue, which they don't want.

I don't care either way, the devs have been kind enough to give back 10% of plat buyers purchases not once but twice, and I for one don't see a major issue with plat buyers enjoying certain advantages over freemium users - so long as the free-to-play set are still able to have a decent game experience (which I feel they do have).

I am not entirely for this sort of thing but it may be useful with a bit of tweaking...

Perhaps if, as a player levels up, they get a gold bonus (some percentage added) whenever they kill a mob that is within their own level range? (+/- 5 levels)

This might encourage players to stay in their own, level-appropriate zones more often rather than raping and pillaging in areas meant for the low levels.

I do think that having a small plat reward for certain level achievements is a good idea, but since this the only way that OTM generates revenue, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. A reasonable system for a plat reward would work like this IMO:

Reach level 10 - 5 free plat
Reach level 20 - 5 free plat
Reach level 30 - 5 free plat
Reach level 40 - 5 free plat
Reach level 50 - 10 free plat (and this continues until player reaches level 90)
Reach level 100 - 20 free plat (then back to 10 plat every 10 levels)

Even if the reward was 5 plat every ten levels it would be generous of the devs IMO, but for the reason stated, they may be reluctant to do this. After all, who will buy the cow if the milk is free? :lol:

On the other hand, this taste of platinum might even generate sales among some players who ordinarily wouldn't buy that sort of thing (assuming they get 'hooked').

The big downside of implementing this for the devs is that they would have to retroactively dole this out to all the players, lest they feel our wrath on the forums... That would probably recently in an immediate loss of revenue, which they don't want.

I don't care either way, the devs have been kind enough to give back 10% of plat buyers purchases not once but twice, and I for one don't see a major issue with plat buyers enjoying certain advantages over freemium users - so long as the free-to-play set are still able to have a decent game experience (which I feel they do have).
They gave 10% back twice??? I only noticed one...
Galactus: Level 100 Rogue
World: Taranis
Clan: Curiosity

well i guess i do like all your ideal with plat and stuff :) but i think that they would not just straight out give plat to player even if it is a small amount like the... there has only being a couple of time when they have given a good amount of plat to player the one time was when they reset the world and every one lost there progress from a whole day they gave 140 plat i think but yeah i would really like people to keep posting ideas because i think this could be a thing in latter updates :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
Wolrd: Gwydion
Name: Isneak/Ilikehp
Class: Rouge/Druid
Lvl: 82+/ 45
Clan: BoundByBlood FTW

Honestly, you guys shold be grateful for what you have. Unlike other MMO that are free, in this game you can hit a high level without being forced to actually buy items. Not only is this game free, and you don't have to buy stuff to get a high level, you want to waste the only source of income the developers have and tottaly downfall thier revenue.
I will occasionly browse the forums, but for the most part im done.

If you wish to contact me, please feel free to message, as my E-mail is hooked up with the messages :D

Thank you everyone, for making this a special game.