Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage v golems 3s

Hi admin and greater CH community. I'm a lvl 119 Mage and can't seem to find a build which can defeat a 3s lvl 120 iron golem by myself. My equip is either meteor/diamond/glacial.

I've played around wiTh my abilities a few times but am not sure whether the golems resistance to fire and ice may be too high. From what I can see iron golems do high crushing damage and like any other 3s class it has high hp. For your information I've tried a high damage high shield approach (lvl 25 shield, lure of fire, firebolt, ice shards, incinerate, cloak etc) and a varied approach (lvl 15-20 on all damage spells plus lvl 18 shield). However on both scenarios my shield gets taken out quite quickly (even after casting it twice on each engagement) and my hp gets smashed relatively quickly as well. This means I've absorbed over 3.6k damage (shield x 2 + my hp) but am unable to kill the golem.

Has anyone had better luck against them? I've seen a lvl 120 warrior go up against a lvl 122 3s iron golem and you can see the warrior just getting through with maybe 10-25 percent hp left. I'm not expecting to beat a 3s easily but can't seem to find a build solution. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Potential recommendations:

1) fire and ice resistance to be lowered in golems
2) add a armour bonus to energy shield
3) reduce the cool down time for energy shield

Thanks!

Re: Mage v golems 3s

My recommendation is to get your other Lures higher and level on them in groups. Their Pierce and Crush resistances seem to be much lower than their Ice and especially their Fire. High lvl mages are most effective in a group. My lvl 90 mage in Rhiannon is fine solo, because he can negate the mob's resistances to my own attacks. My lvl 134 main, not so much.

Tog
Togarth Lvl 150 Mage World Sulis General of Clan Retribution 3rd Place in Marshall's Crystal Armor Event (ChuckNorris)