Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New Idea for colored items!!!!!

Idea #1
okay so this is my idea... okay so right now all u have is a small picture of the item either fashion or quarts or diamond armor/weapons. Well I and a bunch of other people in Gwydion have had the same problem were the item looks different than you thought it would (not much but just the color does not look as expected). Okay well my idea is not a bad one i think okay so when u buy a top level item (not lux) but color once i think the player should get a 90% refund on your item so you could get ur money back to be able to change color but u would at least need to save a little more.

For example

Suits are 10k so 90% of 10k is 9k so all you would need it 1k and sell your item to get another color.

Idea #2
the second Idea and i think would be a more simple on would be just to get a preview scree and to see the item equipped on you character before you buy it and this could work for all item being bought.

well tell me what you think and if you think this would be a good idea.
:D :D :D :D
Wolrd: Gwydion
Name: Isneak/Ilikehp
Class: Rouge/Druid
Lvl: 82+/ 45
Clan: BoundByBlood FTW

Re: New Idea for colored items!!!!!

admin are working on a 'try on' feature

hope this helps :)
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
Mabon - !^! Ranger
Mabon - @* Druid

I agree that the small picture is a little misleading, but I disagree with the sell and re-buy idea. The problem with this is that it messes with the economy a little... ie. you would essentially be removing the depreciation factor from the item.

The try on feature will be brilliant, if implemented, but what I would love to see is re-colouring for a nominal amount of gold.

I'm not terrible fond of the colour of my weapon, for example. I would have no problem paying 100 or 200 gold to have it "infused" with a different colour.

This way, the economy remains the same. The onus is still on me to try and sell the item should I wish to upgrade, but I will be content with the new colour.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

I agree that the small picture is a little misleading, but I disagree with the sell and re-buy idea. The problem with this is that it messes with the economy a little... ie. you would essentially be removing the depreciation factor from the item.

The try on feature will be brilliant, if implemented, but what I would love to see is re-colouring for a nominal amount of gold.

I'm not terrible fond of the colour of my weapon, for example. I would have no problem paying 100 or 200 gold to have it "infused" with a different colour.

This way, the economy remains the same. The onus is still on me to try and sell the item should I wish to upgrade, but I will be content with the new colour.

yeah i really like your idea of you paying like 200g for changing color that would make it way easier :ugeek:
Wolrd: Gwydion
Name: Isneak/Ilikehp
Class: Rouge/Druid
Lvl: 82+/ 45
Clan: BoundByBlood FTW

Thanks, Sport.

It could also give us something to do if we had to collect more crystals in order to change the colour. Not a big deal... but would make it slightly more challenging.

I would LOVE to change the colour of my quartz...
-------------
Dersu of Herne

Would love to be able to preview with the items I am holding! ---Particularly items that show thumbnails of chest up in the shop, but are full body outfits.

A good example of the problem ppl have is that the "pink" diamond bow goes perfectly with the "purple" fashion dress. If I had bought the pink dress, I would have been very disappointed with the match. (I LOVE the color of the pink dress tho - so don't take this as me asking to have the existing colors changed)

But... Fashion items are reasonably enough priced that I have bought several and spread them out among my alts.

I am leery of buying crystal or diamond because I would want to see how it looks with the random pieces of warden my alts have, and I worry I will pick a color many players already have.

Having the option of going to a "seamstress" for color changes on fashion/armor, would be as awesome as having a "hairdresser" to alter our hair.

Great ideas guys n gals!
Shaden - DPS 180+

World : Herne

Clan : Britannians

Ya, Trajedy... it is the matching that I actually have the issue with. It's not that I dislike the colour of the quartz icon I bought, but rather that the colour blends in with my Warden robe, so it is difficult to see if I am holding it or not.

From time to time (I've no idea why) the icon unequips; other times I accidentally unequip it when looking at my inventory. Then I go fight and eventually realize that I am punching the mob :roll:

I hated the gold of the ancient totems, but at least there was no problem in seeing it.
-------------
Dersu of Herne