Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How is Ranger compared to Rogue

How is ranger compared to rogue in terms of DPS, usefullness and gearing?
Rogues are a lot more specialized than rangers in general imo. The main role of a rogue is dish out quick and high DPS, although there are some support rogues in this game who sacrifice some DPS to cast poison weapon on clannies and use expose weakness/smoke bomb to lower the skill evasions and defence of bosses. As you may know, rogues are known for their strong locking capability when bossing, and rogues generally excel in this role against 4* and 5* bosses/placeholders.

Rangers are more versatile, with some focused on pure DPS, some focused on pure support + occasional skill and autos, and a whole bunch of combos in between. In terms of DPS, while rogues focus on high burst DMG, rangers provide consistent damage over longer time periods that can exceed that of rogues, and remain safer by staying outside the AOE range of many bosses. DPS rangers generally excel against 6* bosses.

Think of their DPS capabilities through an analogy using sprinters. The rogue has a faster acceleration, meaning that they generally provide more DPS over a short period of time, while the ranger has a higher maximum running speed, meaning that wjen fighting bosses that take longer to kill, slow and steady will usually win the race.

Because every situation is different, each class is more useful than the other in different situations, and there isn’t really a true answer as to which one is more useful overall. I like to keep my ranger with a versatile build, so I can play a bit of every role when needed instead of being shoehorned onto one path.

Rogues are generally the more popular class to play, so there will be more competition for gearing, and rangers are cheaper to level with the right build. However, at least on my server, rangers are becoming a popular choice at endgame these days.

Hope this answers your questions, let me know if you need anything clarified or have further questions :D

Re: How is Ranger compared to Rogue

1 - Rougue: DPS king
2 - Mage: a clannie gived me a good definition, he calls it a "glass cannon", i call this "lure simulator"
3 - Ranger: cheap rougue with some funny toys like bolas
4 - Warrior: Tank
5. Druid: Healer
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis