Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Loot tables are outdated

Loot tables have remained relatively static across the board since the introduction of each new raid. Low tier loot is still dropping en masse, but is becoming less and less useful with every kill - even less than it has always been. Meanwhile some of the best loot is seemingly impossible to get.

Many people are stuck, married to the ‘average’ loot which is dreadfully underpowered in current times. It is still too difficult to build a competitive toon when there are so many others trying to do the same. After all these years some people have to make do with, quite frankly, useless gear. Increasing the chance for useful loot to drop would make your average player more useful too. A more useful player is a happier player. I have seen countless people demotivated because they are stuck, waiting for gear to make their toon enjoyable to play. It would not hurt for the gear quality average to increase across the board.

Meanwhile, veterans are disinterested in some bosses because the good stuff never drops. Drop rates for certain items like Bloodthorn helms, Gelebron weapons and the fabled moon helm are abysmally low even still. It’s so disheartening when you see 4 junk items drop from a boss that takes so many people to kill. Why does my clan kill Bloodthorn and not a single upgrade drops? A mage helm hasn’t dropped in almost a year!

We saw some progress being made when Bloodthorn was introduced, removing all drops less than Royal from the loot table. We then regressed a little, with Majestic Dhiothu drops (somewhat countered by the ability to upgrade, but generally these are mostly bad and disheartening drops. It feels awful when you get 3 of them from a single kill.)

Celtic Heroes is aging. We need to move with the times. Provide the average player with better loot to enjoy and allow them to contribute more. Provide the veterans with a reason to attend raids by making the best loot more realistically attainable. I understand ‘good gear’ is relative to the drop rate. *Usefulness* is not. Sure, it may cause less excitement for when something half-decent does drop. Sure, maybe some people will no longer have a reason to log on and chase stupidly rare items for their main account, but they probably have alts to gear too. I understand the risks associated. However, helms and weapons will always be needed by your core player base. They will forever provide joy when they drop, regardless of drop rate.

Sry for essay. Alternative opinions welcome.

Re: Loot tables are outdated

So lets all follow Bloodthorns example and remove everything but royal, imp, and godly from the loot table. O:
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

So lets all follow Bloodthorns example and remove everything but royal, imp, and godly from the loot table. O:
..and then put all those lower tier drops on mini bosses so small groups or clans can get them
That's another possibility. Throwing Mordris loot up to majestic tier onto Sreng/Snorri to give people not in a raid-killing clan a chance at upgrades. Closing the gap between smaller clans and dominant clans is never a bad thing. I do however think that separate minibosses would be camped just as much by the dominant clans, so wouldn't be worth implementing that way.

Imagine this: One Mordris drop per 6*, with a small chance for a drop on a 5* wouldnt hurt. Necro drops could be placed on EDL if necessary, and lower gelebron/Proteus drops on high EDL 6*s. Lesser Bloodthorn drops with a tiny chance to drop from the 5* reavers/liches/money bosses in CG would be tremendous. It's a bandaid solution to permanent dominance by either enabling small clans to compete or meaning that they no longer have to. This would probably take a single afternoon to rearrange loot tables and would be incredibly refreshing. Many possibilities here to cater to the wider player base but I fear the development time just isn't there.

..and then put all those lower tier drops on mini bosses so small groups or clans can get them

Oh ho ho ho. My server at list will be all over those mini bosses. Its just more DKP for us.
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

That's another possibility. Throwing Mordris loot up to majestic tier onto Sreng/Snorri to give people not in a raid-killing clan a chance at upgrades. Closing the gap between smaller clans and dominant clans is never a bad thing. I do however think that separate minibosses would be camped just as much by the dominant clans, so wouldn't be worth implementing that way.

Imagine this: One Mordris drop per 6*, with a small chance for a drop on a 5* wouldnt hurt. Necro drops could be placed on EDL if necessary, and lower gelebron/Proteus drops on high EDL 6*s. Lesser Bloodthorn drops with a tiny chance to drop from the 5* reavers/liches/money bosses in CG would be tremendous. It's a bandaid solution to permanent dominance by either enabling small clans to compete or meaning that they no longer have to. This would probably take a single afternoon to rearrange loot tables and would be incredibly refreshing. Many possibilities here to cater to the wider player base but I fear the development time just isn't there.
That's true I thought that higher levels with still be killing just for something to do, or to gear there alts. Maybe adding to snorri ect might be a better idea