Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#21
Mdunc1982 wrote:I dont think the issue so much is lack of players, certainly some servers have much more than others, I think the issue is more the kinds of players. People who log daily, are helpful, not super greedy, they buy platinum and sell at a fair price not 100k a chest. Lol

Yes that too lol. Not just people who log daily though, people who log to actually play the game outside of endgame bossing. The more content you explore outside of the boss grind, the more likely you’ll come across and meet those newer players. Greed is a big problem in this game most definitely. If you really think about it the game revolves around greed because of the players. Even free servers such as Epona aren’t immune to it, the greed shines brighter there actually. Everything from hoarding drops behind clan walls to players overpricing everything they get their grubby hands on. Every server is plagued with it.

One of the most prominent problems new players bring up is the lack of help from higher levels, because for whatever reason the higher the level people get the more entitled they feel they are (which is why I nickname this game Celtic Egos lol). Not saying everyone is like this, but there is a large population of higher level players that are. It’s like people forget that they too were once noobs when they first started the game.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#23
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:I dont think the issue so much is lack of players, certainly some servers have much more than others, I think the issue is more the kinds of players. People who log daily, are helpful, not super greedy, they buy platinum and sell at a fair price not 100k a chest. Lol

Yes that too lol. Not just people who log daily though, people who log to actually play the game outside of endgame bossing. The more content you explore outside of the boss grind, the more likely you’ll come across and meet those newer players. Greed is a big problem in this game most definitely. If you really think about it the game revolves around greed because of the players. Even free servers such as Epona aren’t immune to it, the greed shines brighter there actually. Everything from hoarding drops behind clan walls to players overpricing everything they get their grubby hands on. Every server is plagued with it.

One of the most prominent problems new players bring up is the lack of help from higher levels, because for whatever reason the higher the level people get the more entitled they feel they are (which is why I nickname this game Celtic Egos lol). Not saying everyone is like this, but there is a large population of higher level players that are. It’s like people forget that they too were once noobs when they first started the game.


High levels being of no help to new players is a huge problem. They already have everything they need. Can kill any boss in game. They set clan rules that you HAVE to be lvl 150+ to join or whatever. Some set up feeder clans but it's mostly just their alts and they dont log their alts much so it's just you and 2 other noobs getting almost no help for weeks on end. Not saying they never help it's just a tenth of what it used to be a couple years ago. They can blame dev's all they want but ultimately if this game fails it's because of egotistical people making the game not even fun for the rest of the server.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#24
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:I dont think the issue so much is lack of players, certainly some servers have much more than others, I think the issue is more the kinds of players. People who log daily, are helpful, not super greedy, they buy platinum and sell at a fair price not 100k a chest. Lol

Yes that too lol. Not just people who log daily though, people who log to actually play the game outside of endgame bossing. The more content you explore outside of the boss grind, the more likely you’ll come across and meet those newer players. Greed is a big problem in this game most definitely. If you really think about it the game revolves around greed because of the players. Even free servers such as Epona aren’t immune to it, the greed shines brighter there actually. Everything from hoarding drops behind clan walls to players overpricing everything they get their grubby hands on. Every server is plagued with it.

One of the most prominent problems new players bring up is the lack of help from higher levels, because for whatever reason the higher the level people get the more entitled they feel they are (which is why I nickname this game Celtic Egos lol). Not saying everyone is like this, but there is a large population of higher level players that are. It’s like people forget that they too were once noobs when they first started the game.


High levels being of no help to new players is a huge problem. They already have everything they need. Can kill any boss in game. They set clan rules that you HAVE to be lvl 150+ to join or whatever. Some set up feeder clans but it's mostly just their alts and they dont log their alts much so it's just you and 2 other noobs getting almost no help for weeks on end. Not saying they never help it's just a tenth of what it used to be a couple years ago. They can blame dev's all they want but ultimately if this game fails it's because of egotistical people making the game not even fun for the rest of the server.


No you got it all wrong. Its like a mix and match sweet shop at a cinema. Theres good and bads.
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#25
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:I dont think the issue so much is lack of players, certainly some servers have much more than others, I think the issue is more the kinds of players. People who log daily, are helpful, not super greedy, they buy platinum and sell at a fair price not 100k a chest. Lol

Yes that too lol. Not just people who log daily though, people who log to actually play the game outside of endgame bossing. The more content you explore outside of the boss grind, the more likely you’ll come across and meet those newer players. Greed is a big problem in this game most definitely. If you really think about it the game revolves around greed because of the players. Even free servers such as Epona aren’t immune to it, the greed shines brighter there actually. Everything from hoarding drops behind clan walls to players overpricing everything they get their grubby hands on. Every server is plagued with it.

One of the most prominent problems new players bring up is the lack of help from higher levels, because for whatever reason the higher the level people get the more entitled they feel they are (which is why I nickname this game Celtic Egos lol). Not saying everyone is like this, but there is a large population of higher level players that are. It’s like people forget that they too were once noobs when they first started the game.


High levels being of no help to new players is a huge problem. They already have everything they need. Can kill any boss in game. They set clan rules that you HAVE to be lvl 150+ to join or whatever. Some set up feeder clans but it's mostly just their alts and they dont log their alts much so it's just you and 2 other noobs getting almost no help for weeks on end. Not saying they never help it's just a tenth of what it used to be a couple years ago. They can blame dev's all they want but ultimately if this game fails it's because of egotistical people making the game not even fun for the rest of the server.

You say it spot on and I agree 100%. I’m glad there are others who see this. I personally help others when I can, although I’ve stopped recently after newer players who I’ve helped kept asking for more and more... I’m willing to help, not give a free ride lmao. Newer players need to understand that as well.

It’s a good feeling when you see how grateful newer players are when you give them 10 rainbow lixs, like 100 idols, and 10k gold. I’ve even given away mounts before.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#26
Zkills wrote:
Mdunc1982 wrote:
Zkills wrote:Yes that too lol. Not just people who log daily though, people who log to actually play the game outside of endgame bossing. The more content you explore outside of the boss grind, the more likely you’ll come across and meet those newer players. Greed is a big problem in this game most definitely. If you really think about it the game revolves around greed because of the players. Even free servers such as Epona aren’t immune to it, the greed shines brighter there actually. Everything from hoarding drops behind clan walls to players overpricing everything they get their grubby hands on. Every server is plagued with it.

One of the most prominent problems new players bring up is the lack of help from higher levels, because for whatever reason the higher the level people get the more entitled they feel they are (which is why I nickname this game Celtic Egos lol). Not saying everyone is like this, but there is a large population of higher level players that are. It’s like people forget that they too were once noobs when they first started the game.


High levels being of no help to new players is a huge problem. They already have everything they need. Can kill any boss in game. They set clan rules that you HAVE to be lvl 150+ to join or whatever. Some set up feeder clans but it's mostly just their alts and they dont log their alts much so it's just you and 2 other noobs getting almost no help for weeks on end. Not saying they never help it's just a tenth of what it used to be a couple years ago. They can blame dev's all they want but ultimately if this game fails it's because of egotistical people making the game not even fun for the rest of the server.

You say it spot on and I agree 100%. I’m glad there are others who see this. I personally help others when I can, although I’ve stopped recently after newer players who I’ve helped kept asking for more and more... I’m willing to help, not give a free ride lmao. Newer players need to understand that as well.

It’s a good feeling when you see how grateful newer players are when you give them 10 rainbow lixs, like 100 idols, and 10k gold. I’ve even given away mounts before.


Yeh i helped some players go from new to most fo the parts of dl before. They just can you me on my band and i helped where i can.
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#27
Not sure where this idea that we don’t promote the game comes from we invest significantly in user acquisition and every week several thousand new players download the game. Naturally they all aren’t going to stick and there are points where people drop off, that we’re aware of and take measures to address however that just moves the drop off point to somewhere else, it’s a cycle.

I do think that many of you simply don’t notice these new faces as your routines mean you don’t cross paths very frequently.

Also merry Christmas folks!
Image


I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#28
Schwing wrote:Not sure where this idea that we don’t promote the game comes from we invest significantly in user acquisition and every week several thousand new players download the game. Naturally they all aren’t going to stick and there are points where people drop off, that we’re aware of and take measures to address however that just moves the drop off point to somewhere else, it’s a cycle.

I do think that many of you simply don’t notice these new faces as your routines mean you don’t cross paths very frequently.

Also merry Christmas folks!


Yes but you are loosing players. Come on admit it.
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#29
itemfinder wrote:
Schwing wrote:Not sure where this idea that we don’t promote the game comes from we invest significantly in user acquisition and every week several thousand new players download the game. Naturally they all aren’t going to stick and there are points where people drop off, that we’re aware of and take measures to address however that just moves the drop off point to somewhere else, it’s a cycle.

I do think that many of you simply don’t notice these new faces as your routines mean you don’t cross paths very frequently.

Also merry Christmas folks!


Yes but you are loosing players. Come on admit it.


He does “admit” it, but his point is that it is a natural part of any game - players come, and players go.

A lot of users here on the forums tend to focus only on endgame players whenever they talk about “CH Players”.
“The game is dying” = less endgame players than there used to be.
“No one new joins the game” = not as many people are hitting endgame status fast enough.

The game is large, and when you only focus on the last 40 levels, you have blinders on. Of course not many people are going to make it to endgame - it requires a crazy amount of time and dedication that very few people are willing to put into a MMO, and a mobile one at that. Most servers do tend to have a decent number of lower leveled players at any time, but like Schwing says, most active endgame players don’t really venture out of carrow/tower/castle.

I would agree that a large reason why players might leave is if they feel alone - as mentioned earlier, most clans have minimum level reqs - which is great for bossing...but means that newer players can’t get into a larger and active clan. Sometimes small clans spring up that tend to attract new players, but othertimes no one wants to start one, so players get stuck soloing, which sucks - in my opinion, the best part of CH is the social aspect.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: My masterful plan to bring in new players

#30
Eragon123 wrote:
itemfinder wrote:
Schwing wrote:Not sure where this idea that we don’t promote the game comes from we invest significantly in user acquisition and every week several thousand new players download the game. Naturally they all aren’t going to stick and there are points where people drop off, that we’re aware of and take measures to address however that just moves the drop off point to somewhere else, it’s a cycle.

I do think that many of you simply don’t notice these new faces as your routines mean you don’t cross paths very frequently.

Also merry Christmas folks!


Yes but you are loosing players. Come on admit it.


He does “admit” it, but his point is that it is a natural part of any game - players come, and players go.

A lot of users here on the forums tend to focus only on endgame players whenever they talk about “CH Players”.
“The game is dying” = less endgame players than there used to be.
“No one new joins the game” = not as many people are hitting endgame status fast enough.

The game is large, and when you only focus on the last 40 levels, you have blinders on. Of course not many people are going to make it to endgame - it requires a crazy amount of time and dedication that very few people are willing to put into a MMO, and a mobile one at that. Most servers do tend to have a decent number of lower leveled players at any time, but like Schwing says, most active endgame players don’t really venture out of carrow/tower/castle.

I would agree that a large reason why players might leave is if they feel alone - as mentioned earlier, most clans have minimum level reqs - which is great for bossing...but means that newer players can’t get into a larger and active clan. Sometimes small clans spring up that tend to attract new players, but othertimes no one wants to start one, so players get stuck soloing, which sucks - in my opinion, the best part of CH is the social aspect.


Yeh then they leave. There i think looking at it all is that there are more leaving than joining.
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ColdCoffee and 17 guests