Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What would you do?

As someone who has been in a clan who has literally only lost less than 10 hrungs since release, we recently (maybe in the last month or two) lost a mord and necro to comp clans.

I should be... annoyed? But at the end of the day, comp is what compels me to keep playing. Fighting for my clan and seeing my clan grow with new recruits etc is what makes the game enjoyable.

If I was in your position, I would nurture the comp that exists into something without griefing, even if it means losing out on some EG bosses. Without comp, your clan will die from boredom.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

i personally am not in favor of giving any advantage to comp clan as they never gave us any.
when we started in sulis we were weak, we worked and slowly grew. there were 3 clans competing for boss back then including ours, they all had a pact so none grief each other not because they wanted to help each other or give chance at boss.
as soon as we grew a bit stronger and killed BT, the other 2 clans merged together to defeat us, as soon as they merged and saw we cant win boss from them they discontinued the server treaty and decided to FFA all boss because they had advantage over us. We waited patiently slowly growing ourselves stronger and slowly competing alone with both of those clan which were merged together.
once we were strong enough to compete them again and kill BT they resorted back to griefing.
they attempted Dino with 40 toons and someone from our clan went there with a lvl 1 toon to watch it ( we asked everyone not to but someone did apparently i guess ). They used this as an excuse and said That level 1 toon griefed their 40 toons dino raid and caused them to teleport and broke their freeze on adds . they griefed us on our BT and got us wiped at 2-5 percent health by continuously calming our tank. this repeated for many bt and gele overtime and despite that we kept growing and getting stronger. Their members saw that and understood who were at wrong so most already left their clan and joined us or left the game.
we earned our strong position, worked hard in all circumstances. they never gave us any free boss or chance and tbh right now they cant even kill any boss so few of them just show randomly to grief us.
They had free BTs for years before we came and we destroyed them with inferior gear because we worked hard.
they lump our whole clan on base of few players who participated in griefing war in past and made us all suffer in the journey till here. i remember people waking up for 4 am bosses just to get griefed and fail for hours.
even till date they keep griefing us on dino and other boss when they know they cant even kill any of them, just because of jealousy. Their own actions destroyed them.

SO SORRY BUT NOT SORRY, I AM AGAINST GIVING ANY CHANCE TO COMP. atleast not untill they stop demanding using griefing as weapon.
Nuada:
level 225- warrior | TheQuantum
level 220- Mage | GodKaram
level 220- ranger | TheGraviton

Apex General

"knowledge is power"

Yeah... all that hard work seemed to really pay off lol. Now your server is in deep s**t as a result of you guys continuing with the fight for dominance. This is where competition/dominance leads servers and it creates nothing but a toxic environment no matter what you do. Yeah it’s your fault as well for helping fuel the problem, it’s kind of hard to feel sorry for anyone apart of it. People sit and blame VR for the decline in server populations, when really it’s the players of those servers who are really the ones at fault.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Yeah... all that hard work seemed to really pay off lol. Now your server is in deep s**t as a result of you guys continuing with the fight for dominance. This is where competition/dominance leads servers and it creates nothing but a toxic environment no matter what you do. Yeah it’s your fault as well for helping fuel the problem, it’s kind of hard to feel sorry for anyone apart of it. People sit and blame VR for the decline in server populations, when really it’s the players of those servers who are really the ones at fault.
Can you stop pushing so hard on free server systems and throwing shade on players in a system that doesn't use the same system? Thanks.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Can you stop pushing so hard on free server systems and throwing shade on players in a system that doesn't use the same system? Thanks.
Then people should stop going around blaming VR for everything or going around complaining about how bad their server is. If not I’ll continue to give the only solution to fix the problem until it finally clicks.
But not everybody likes that kind of system, we should try and help them find other solutions.

As mentioned before competition can be a lot of fun, you just need to make it healthy and less toxic. A lot of great suggestions have been mentioned in previous comments.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

+1

Agreed. Please try and stay on topic with the OP. I’m sure everyone has heard the virtues of ‘free’ servers at this point, no need to beat a dead horse. It’s not for everyone, there’s obviously advantages and disadvantages to both.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I agree, but stop derailing the post please
Zkills - please don’t reply and encourage this conversation further
Sulis, Toxic
TheOG 224 dps druid
Godly BT helm

As someone who has been in a clan who has literally only lost less than 10 hrungs since release, we recently (maybe in the last month or two) lost a mord and necro to comp clans.

I should be... annoyed? But at the end of the day, comp is what compels me to keep playing. Fighting for my clan and seeing my clan grow with new recruits etc is what makes the game enjoyable.

If I was in your position, I would nurture the comp that exists into something without griefing, even if it means losing out on some EG bosses. Without comp, your clan will die from boredom.
Thank you. This game, in my opinion, is extremely boring now because their aren't any lock battles. This is the reason i loved the game to begin with. As it is now the only competition is outbidding others anonymously or by rolling a higher number on a dice. I didn't start playing this game to maje the entire game revolve around no skill, who has the most gold, yada yada yada.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Agreed. Please try and stay on topic with the OP. I’m sure everyone has heard the virtues of ‘free’ servers at this point, no need to beat a dead horse. It’s not for everyone, there’s obviously advantages and disadvantages to both.
Which server has lock battles and healthy competition and isn't sky high in chest prices, lixes, etc?
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.