Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Excited for the 150% xp event!

It’s not misleading at all, base is always 1 or 100%, 50% or 0.5 would be halved, 150% or 1.5 times xp is about as clear as it gets.
No. One could easily interpret it as 100% exp plus 150% exp, or 2.5x exp. of course though for a lot of veteran players who have seen this event play out since 2012 will know what it means, but not everyone is. I’ve seen so many players ask what the event really means so it’s clearly not as clear as it gets.

The best way to put it to avoid confusion as we’ve seen is to say, as mentioned earlier, 50% more base exp or 1.5x base exp.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It’s not misleading at all, base is always 1 or 100%, 50% or 0.5 would be halved, 150% or 1.5 times xp is about as clear as it gets.
No. One could easily interpret it as 100% exp plus 150% exp, or 2.5x exp. of course though for a lot of veteran players who have seen this event play out since 2012 will know what it means, but not everyone is. I’ve seen so many players ask what the event really means so it’s clearly not as clear as it gets.

The best way to put it to avoid confusion as we’ve seen is to say, as mentioned earlier, 50% more base exp or 1.5x base exp.
I kinda agree. While I know what 150% xp means, when I say it over and over in my head my first thought is it sounds like 100% + 150%.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

I kinda agree. While I know what 150% xp means, when I say it over and over in my head my first thought is it sounds like 100% + 150%.
You should probably visit a physiatrist if that's what u say over and over in your head lol :P

You should probably visit a physiatrist if that's what u say over and over in your head lol :P
On a completely related note, have you ever noticed that if you repeat something over and over in your head, it starts to lose all meaning and sound weird? You really realize just how weird the english language is that way. Banana banana banana banana banana nabana banaba banana babana.

I do agree that phrasing it as getting 150% exp can seem too good at first glance. The key thing is to recognize the difference between a 150% increase from the normal, and a change from the normal to getting 150%

(xp = normal + normal * 150% versus xp = normal * 150%).

I do think that it's phrased a bit confusingly, especially if you don't really think about how the exp actually works, or if you simply don't like percentages. Also, if this is confusing, don't even get started thinking about how percentages work in a group :lol:

I agree that a better way to phrase it might be along the lines of: "players will receive 50% more experience", and simply title it as an "bonus experience weekend".
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

She probably just meant that she knows what it means, but if you repeat it over and over it really starts to sound like 100% + 150%, and for someone who doesn’t know what it already means from previous exp events it more than likely sounds like the latter. Gaining a better understanding of how others may see it.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

She probably just meant that she knows what it means, but if you repeat it over and over it really starts to sound like 100% + 150%, and for someone who doesn’t know what it already means from previous exp events it more than likely sounds like the latter. Gaining a better understanding of how others may see it.
Yes, thank you Z lol. That’s exactly what I meant.

On a side note, I did visit a physiatrist once. And a psychologist. But they didn’t help much... both asked me what was wrong and just kicked me out. Said something about how I just said the same thing over and over again and that I didn’t really answer their questions. I don’t know what they’re talking about though... it’s so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so confusing.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Sigh, I'm the one that brought it up ik what she meant. Guess that wasn't funny by enough for u

On a completely related note, have you ever noticed that if you repeat something over and over in your head, it starts to lose all meaning and sound weird? You really realize just how weird the english language is that way. Banana banana banana banana banana nabana banaba banana babana.

I do agree that phrasing it as getting 150% exp can seem too good at first glance. The key thing is to recognize the difference between a 150% increase from the normal, and a change from the normal to getting 150%

(xp = normal + normal * 150% versus xp = normal * 150%).

I do think that it's phrased a bit confusingly, especially if you don't really think about how the exp actually works, or if you simply don't like percentages. Also, if this is confusing, don't even get started thinking about how percentages work in a group :lol:

I agree that a better way to phrase it might be along the lines of: "players will receive 50% more experience", and simply title it as an "bonus experience weekend".
I get that lol it's kinda like if u write the same word over and over again on a piece of paper eventually it'll change to say what you really think. OMG that group "bonus" exp I still don't understand this, it's a bonus but u actually get less than u actually would. What?????

Yes, thank you Z lol. That’s exactly what I meant.

On a side note, I did visit a physiatrist once. And a psychologist. But they didn’t help much... both asked me what was wrong and just kicked me out. Said something about how I just said the same thing over and over again and that I didn’t really answer their questions. I don’t know what they’re talking about though... it’s so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so confusing.
its still better than when people say I'm going out out lol.. Always makes me laugh :lol: