Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Is it worth it

Not here for drama. Just a honest genuine question. Is it worth starting out on this game completely fresh start with nothing as a free to play player these days? Is this game going to be around for much longer? Can a staff member give us an estimate on how long they plan to keep the game running for?

Re: Is it worth it

From a gameplay aspect, yes it's still completely viable to start the game from complete scratch without buying platinum. It's tough, and takes time, but definitely possible.

From a company standpoint...I honestly have no clue where people are getting this idea that the game is going to get shut down soon. Yes, updates have been slower and smaller this year, and players are unhappy with the content, but that doesn't mean the game is going to get shut down. According to public online metrics, CH is still staying popular with a pretty high amount of monthly downloads, as well as making good money. There is no reason for VR to even consider shutting the servers down.

The only event I could see that might cause VR to completely shut down CH would be if VR went bankrupt, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon, especially with their other game getting close to launch.
That would also mean that players stop spending money on CH, so in actuality it'd be the players killing the game, not VR...take that as you will. As long as people continue to spend money on CH, it will still run.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Yes. Just because the community has higher expectations from the developers doesn't mean people stopped playing. Yes, people buy less plat nowadays, at least on my server, so resources are harder to find and more expensive. You never have to buy platinum in this game as long as the economy is not completely trash. The playerbase is also one of the main reasons people stick around, I like my clan and server I enjoy chatting with most people, I'm sure others clans and servers can agree on that with me.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

I started after being away for years about 2-3 days ago and I should Hit lvl 130 today, and that’s with no platinum, no lux items or gear, I’ll probably be stuck around there for awhile seeing as the servers pretty popular and for what gear I have looked for I’ve received no responses, although I haven’t hardly met anyone the few I have run across seems willing to help, seeing as how things go when I hit around 140-150 may if I’m finally able to obtain any gear will be the deciding factor on if I continue playing but so far it’s hasn’t been too bad

I started after being away for years about 2-3 days ago and I should Hit lvl 130 today, and that’s with no platinum, no lux items or gear, I’ll probably be stuck around there for awhile seeing as the servers pretty popular and for what gear I have looked for I’ve received no responses, although I haven’t hardly met anyone the few I have run across seems willing to help, seeing as how things go when I hit around 140-150 may if I’m finally able to obtain any gear will be the deciding factor on if I continue playing but so far it’s hasn’t been too bad
Level 130 after 2 or 3 days with no lux or plat items :o u deserve a medal for that. That's dedication! I 'd be lucky to hit level 60 in that short time frame

That would also mean that players stop spending money on CH, so in actuality it'd be the players killing the game, not VR...take that as you will. As long as people continue to spend money on CH, it will still run.
I find it funny that some players complain about the game and then make, what they think to be, bold statements that they will stop supporting the game until better content/fixes are released... which in order for VR to do they’ll need that support lmao. Guess there’s somethings we will never understand. If you want to see CH improve then you need to continue to support it.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I find it funny that some players complain about the game and then make, what they think to be, bold statements that they will stop supporting the game until better content/fixes are released... which in order for VR to do they’ll need that support lmao. Guess there’s somethings we will never understand. If you want to see CH improve then you need to continue to support it.
I have never, and probably will never understand the concept of "boycotting" something. Your actions are your choice, and threatening to do something or not do something (and very rarely, actually following through with it) doesn't really mean anything at all.

If you are upset about a direction that something is going, and don't want to continue supporting it...than don't! Just quit and find something better to do with your time. The problem is that most people tend to hang around for ages continually bemoaning their issues and trying to convince others that they are right.

I do understand wanting to stay around to try and make it better, but making empty threats is pointless and doesn't help anything.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I have never, and probably will never understand the concept of "boycotting" something. Your actions are your choice, and threatening to do something or not do something (and very rarely, actually following through with it) doesn't really mean anything at all.

If you are upset about a direction that something is going, and don't want to continue supporting it...than don't! Just quit and find something better to do with your time. The problem is that most people tend to hang around for ages continually bemoaning their issues and trying to convince others that they are right.

I do understand wanting to stay around to try and make it better, but making empty threats is pointless and doesn't help anything.
You just described boycotting but with different words dude. Lmfao :lol: that's legit what boycotting is but with less steps.

I do know I'm not buying any plat because I'm not going to directly fund a company That doesn't listen to their community. People love this game and are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on it just for fashion items lmfao, BUT they won't do that anymore due to absolute and a blatant discourteous outlook and actions(or lack of actions) made by VR. If that doesn't say anything to you then idk what will. I'm probably in the top 5% of spenders overall of plat buyers in all of CH and I'm not buying squat anymore. Wish I could because I just got a nice little bonus but there's no point. Company doesn't really keep anyone informed or actually listen and change stuff. It'd be cool if they gave us a week by week or bi-weekly update of things. Actually use their social media platform for something.

Lol I hope dudes boycott buying plat and I hope it'll help, but what will most likely happen is VR will continue to invite and reply to posts that are small and rarely a bigger topic and continue to work on an already failed game like Warhammer.
+1 people forget that as players our job is to play the game not worry about all this bs, we are passionate and love the game that’s y we want changes to have a better experience thank god everyone isn’t as ignorant as them.