Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is it worth it

+1 people forget that as players our job is to play the game not worry about all this bs, we are passionate and love the game that’s y we want changes to have a better experience thank god everyone isn’t as ignorant as them.
If you’re an active forum user who actively posts feedback/suggestions then it’s clear your job is much more than to simply play the game. You volunteered to do so, so if you’re not enjoying it then walk away.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

+1 people forget that as players our job is to play the game not worry about all this bs, we are passionate and love the game that’s y we want changes to have a better experience thank god everyone isn’t as ignorant as them.
If you’re an active forum user who actively posts feedback/suggestions then it’s clear your job is much more than to simply play the game. You volunteered to do so, so if you’re not enjoying it then walk away.
This is general discussion.... where we discuss things about the game I love, not feedback and suggestions

This is general discussion.... where we discuss things about the game I love, not feedback and suggestions
Has nothing to do with my point but ok

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Discussing the game in a General Discussion forum is what it’s meant for. It’s NOT a job. Warped use of that word. Volunteering a PoV is different than what admins do, which they are paid for. The money aspect is something you seem to be glossing over. WE pay for a goods or service, meaning it is NOT our job to do anything but play what we have paid for. It’s VR’s job to advertise or improve the game.

Feel like I’m trying to teach basic economics to a rock

Discussing the game in a General Discussion forum is what it’s meant for. It’s NOT a job. Warped use of that word. Volunteering a PoV is different than what admins do, which they are paid for. The money aspect is something you seem to be glossing over. WE pay for a goods or service, meaning it is NOT our job to do anything but play what we have paid for. It’s VR’s job to advertise or improve the game.

Celtic Heroes is a free game though, and many players here on the forums have probably never spent a dime. You also don’t pay to use the forums. You volunteer to come onto the forums and post feedback/suggestions (no where did I ever mention general discussion, idk where that came from), and if you’re not enjoying coming here to post feedback/suggestions than you might as well go. Even in general discussion if you come here to address what you don’t like about the game or VR (which many players do) then that’s technically feedback. Even if you’ve bought plat it doesn’t make your voice any bigger than someone who’s never bought plat.

Celtic Heroes is a free game though, and many players here on the forums have probably never spent a dime. You also don’t pay to use the forums. You volunteer to come onto the forums and post feedback/suggestions (no where did I ever mention general discussion, idk where that came from), and if you’re not enjoying coming here to post feedback/suggestions than you might as well go. Even in general discussion if you come here to address what you don’t like about the game or VR (which many players do) then that’s technically feedback. Even if you’ve bought plat it doesn’t make your voice any bigger than someone who’s never bought plat.
Volunteering may not be the best word, as a lot of people (occasionally negatively) associate volunteering with working for free (which admittedly it is, essentially). That's not always the case on forums - or at least it's a negative way of looking at it.

I'd say that players choose to come to the forums because of the game, and leave it at that.
- Sometimes that involves discussing new content (which can involve but is not limited to providing feedback and suggesting changes).
- Sometimes it involves answering questions about the game.
- Sometimes it involves asking questions about the game.
- And yes, it involves providing feedback about current content and suggestions about future content to the developers.

There's a lot of different things to do on the forums, which is why it's split up into so many subforums - Feedback and Suggestions, General Discussion, Players asking Players, Bug Reports, etc.

Because of that, I'd disagree with the idea that the forums are only for providing feedback and suggestions. If anything, the primary purpose of game forums is to discuss the game and ask/answer questions. Yes, discussing can and usually does involve providing some sort of feedback, but I feel like its a bit misleading to specifically call it feedback, as it may not necessarily be intended to be taken as such.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Personally, the forum is simply a place for a community for the game, coming in many ways (including and obviously feedback).

Describing customers giving feedback on a product as “volunteers” is inaccurate and disingenuous.

Please try and stay on topic with the OP.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Volunteering may not be the best word, as a lot of people (occasionally negatively) associate volunteering with working for free (which admittedly it is, essentially). That's not always the case on forums - or at least it's a negative way of looking at it.

I'd say that players choose to come to the forums because of the game, and leave it at that.
- Sometimes that involves discussing new content (which can involve but is not limited to providing feedback and suggesting changes).
- Sometimes it involves answering questions about the game.
- Sometimes it involves asking questions about the game.
- And yes, it involves providing feedback about current content and suggestions about future content to the developers.

There's a lot of different things to do on the forums, which is why it's split up into so many subforums - Feedback and Suggestions, General Discussion, Players asking Players, Bug Reports, etc.

Because of that, I'd disagree with the idea that the forums are only for providing feedback and suggestions. If anything, the primary purpose of game forums is to discuss the game and ask/answer questions. Yes, discussing can and usually does involve providing some sort of feedback, but I feel like its a bit misleading to specifically call it feedback, as it may not necessarily be intended to be taken as such.
Never said the forums were for only feedback/suggestions. I’d call it volunteering as you’re taking time out of your day to sit down to discuss your thoughts on the game. VR isn’t forcing it, they don’t ask for it (most of the time), but players are willing to volunteer to come and discuss their thoughts, or feedback/suggestions. Of course if you’re here to simply discuss about the game and ask questions then it’s something completely different. I was mostly talking of those who actively give their feedback/suggestions. I wouldn’t call it negative as it’s always great that players are willing to come forward with their thoughts, in fact there isn’t enough people willing to come forward.

Not here for drama. Just a honest genuine question. Is it worth starting out on this game completely fresh start with nothing as a free to play player these days? Is this game going to be around for much longer? Can a staff member give us an estimate on how long they plan to keep the game running for?
Sure it’s worth starting out not buying plat. As to the other questions, good luck getting a response out of VR.