Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: When does focus and ability plateau?

Yep I don’t think bobthemage is a credible source heard so many false things come out of his mouth such as “cooldown swapping is a dps loss”
If I recall correctly, Bob's statement was that cooldown swapping can lead to DPS loss (partially for the reasons Furyion mentioned). I believe this may be the original post (just so you know for the future). He also states that it could also be a great DPS gain, which is very true. Depending on the person swapping, their experience swapping, and their connection, it can make all the difference between either being useful or hurtful.

It's perfectly fine to disagree with other forum users on their opinions, that's what makes feedback and discussions useful (if everyone agreed on a topic, there wouldn't be any point in bringing it up). However, don't try to discredit someone based on incorrectly quoted information, there's enough fake news in the world. This is the second time in this topic, let's try to do a bit of research before bashing ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Yep I don’t think bobthemage is a credible source heard so many false things come out of his mouth such as “cooldown swapping is a dps loss”
If I recall correctly, Bob's statement was that cooldown swapping can lead to DPS loss (partially for the reasons Furyion mentioned). I believe this may be the original post (just so you know for the future). He also states that it could also be a great DPS gain, which is very true. Depending on the person swapping, their experience swapping, and their connection, it can make all the difference between either being useful or hurtful.

It's perfectly fine to disagree with other forum users on their opinions, that's what makes feedback and discussions useful (if everyone agreed on a topic, there wouldn't be any point in bringing it up). However, don't try to discredit someone based on incorrectly quoted information, there's enough fake news in the world. This is the second time in this topic, let's try to do a bit of research before bashing ;)
Wow people really love to warp peoples words to their benefit lol. It’s sad
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

What does your gear setup look like?
Wont say my set up ;)
but i will tell the gear i work with, royal bt neck, imp bt misc, imp necro firestorm wrist, godly foucs/vit/hp prot wrist (ik some of you going say whatttttt why prot wrist over mord bolt, its cause i like the focus and hp cant help myself, would like to drop it for a good dancing flames gele wrist tho down the line), as for rings, godly necro burial×2, imp invocation bt ring and last slot for hotswap gele rings, fire lure prot ring, aggy lure assassin ring and attunement with other things..
You can search for skills formulas, tho they might not be 100 percent correct but they are pretty close.
You will notice that Stats and ability in all formulas are take in square root and then multiplied with constants.
Thing with square root is the higher you go the diminishing are the results.
Gele rings and bt ones have decent amount of direct damage on them, so i personally think they are far better in comparison to necro burial if you have full DG.
Decent firemage mage setup i think without BT ability rings is
Bt neck ofc
Bt Charm ofc
Mordy fb brace ( swap )
Necro firestorm brace ( perm )
Necro ice shard brace ( swap )
2 gele fb ring ( perm )
1 bt fb recast ring ( perm )
1 gele fb ring ( swap)
1 gele fs ring ( swap )
1 gele ice shard ring ( swap )
For wands try to get fb, fs and shard gele wands and swap them to increase skill damage
For offhand i personally prefer cg shard one because i think even without attune ice shard is op skill, better than firestorm.

For reference on skill formulas- viewtopic.php?t=56130
Thats a bit much to hotswap for a fast skill like bolt, but like i said theres more i didnt share on my gear/set up ;)

and how dare you talk down to firestorm, he wont be much use if you dont show him some love :lol:

I found the best teacher to be experiences, from my time playing my mage theres always more to learn.
It all about having a good flow of skills to cast for me (i always have something to cast) and i found a good set up with bolt shards and storm rn with incinerate thrown in there from time to time, if i happen to throw in any new gear or cd it will miss up my flow and skills will be getting over lap and so on, by then i have to find a new flow which is just a pain im sure mages will know what im talking about, For now i have just been adding direct dmg gear and replacing the old ones.
but aye aye thanks for the feedback :D
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

Thanks for defending me zkills,I never once mentioned forums in my post yet eragon assumed I did, not all of us play only forums we also play the game bob plays and can talk to him in ch , ikr mind blowing.

Thanks for defending me zkills,I never once mentioned forums in my post yet eragon assumed I did, not all of us play only forums we also play the game bob plays and can talk to him in ch , ikr mind blowing.
Oh no I wasn’t defending you lol. It’s quite obvious you’re one of those people who enjoy warping people’s words to make you sound better. Eragon just called you out for all the right reasons, no need to play defense.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge