Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Volts at BT

On our last two attempts we got 3 and 4 volts roots at BT, is it normal ? It's the first time in a very long time we had as many volts on two BT in a row. Anyone is experiencing something similar ?

Re: Volts at BT

We had a period of 3 voltroots in a row, then the next one was zero volts. So I guess it’s just bad luck.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Uniform random number generators are aesthetically ‘clumpy’ with lots of clustering. I think when most people see random numbers they expect them to be lower discrepancy than they are, and intuitively think the random generator is fixed against them, or loaded, or broken, while in fact if it is truly random you should expect to see clumps (of voltroots or helms). White noise is high discrepancy.

If you want a steady, even, fair, filling of a sample space - a helm every now and then without too much or too little space between them - you need to look to lower discrepancy sequences, but by definition its then easier to see a pattern (there is a lot less randomness), so I would be cautious recommending them much for loot tables.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-dis ... y_sequence

Some days you get a helm, other days you get 4 volts. Such is life.
You get helms from BT?
There is a chance for the BT Encounter to spawn Massive floating helmets instead of traditional Roots, in the place of Roots. These Big Boi Helmets are lv 220 7*, deal True Damage and are only able to be killed by True Damage. The upside is that if you kill it you are guaranteed a full set of Exalted Doch Gul armor.