Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ability vs evasion, attack vs defense

Wanted to see how much we collectively know about strike and skill land rate.

So strike is governed by some equation taking into account targets defense and attackers attack. Has anyone ever figured out what that equation looks like?

What about skills. Is the skill land rate governed by skill ability of the attacker and the evasion of target to the particular skill? Or is there more to it (eg skill’s stat type). Few of us in my clan were discussing this and we had very contradicting opinions of the skill mechanics. Also, has anyone gotten to an equation that governs skill land rate.

Re: Ability vs evasion, attack vs defense

We have estimations but it’s really not that simple because the overall formulas also have to take into account the fluctualtion rate in corrospindance with damage and evasions.

Just know that the majority of your damage output is pure RNG lol. At the end of the day you can run formulas for years, but really when it comes down to it sometimes you just gota be lucky.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

We have estimations but it’s really not that simple because the overall formulas also have to take into account the fluctualtion rate in corrospindance with damage and evasions.

Just know that the majority of your damage output is pure RNG lol. At the end of the day you can run formulas for years, but really when it comes down to it sometimes you just gota be lucky.

Translation: I have no clue but am going to say a bunch of things to pretend I do. Lol
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Translation: I have no clue but am going to say a bunch of things to pretend I do. Lol
I mean I built a caster dps calc and updated the mage skill formulas .-. But at the end of the day it dosent really mean anything outside of being a basic guide because even if your dps potential is higher then another player if you get bad flux and they don’t your still going to lose the kill.

In terms of skill evasions vs ability VR has publically stated that ability does not effect evasions (I’m not going to dig for the source) however I know that bob and some others have tested it and gotten different results that lead us to believe that ability does have an impact on evasions. No one has any of the exact formulas for this game but if someone wants to get the source code and post em that would be dope :p. I stopped trying to find the formulas when years ago I realized that it wouldent even matter at the end of the day if I had them or not because of the RNG aspect of dps.
Last edited by krummy9552 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

I mean I built a caster dps calc and updated the mage skill formulas .-. But at the end of the day it dosent really mean anything outside of being a basic guide because even if your dps potential is higher then another player if you get bad flux and they don’t your still going to lose the kill.
He's not asking about DPS nor did he ever mention anything relating to DPS.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

He's not asking about DPS nor did he ever mention anything relating to DPS.
Interesting topic, do you have anything of value to add? I've always wondered myself about skills hitting. I thought it was to do with ability

:lol: :lol: