Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Celtic Heroes DB update - Character Creator!

Not sure if anyone else has this issue but I tried to use it on internet explorer on a desktop computer and wouldn’t work until I used google chrome instead. So idk if it’s a internet explorer thing or just the computer itself.
Chrome did work though, right?

It's very possible that IE won't work - I'm using some newer coding techniques (new as in within the past decade) so they may not all be supported on IE.

IE was discontinued in 2015 (when Edge was released) and has struggled with modern web practices for even longer, as far as I can remember lol.

I'll look into why I might be able to do to support IE...but it may not be possible without rewriting the whole thing. If that's the case, I'm just gonna pop up a message saying to get with the times and use any other browser :lol:

For everyone who is wondering, the site in general will work best in Chrome and Firefox, and I haven't run into any major issues with Edge, Safari or Opera yet.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Super cool!! I’ll enjoy playing with this... and it’ll help with my toon development! Just one question—is the character supposed to show as you’re putting items on it? If that’s the case the character is invisible lol. Also having trouble setting the stats and character name, level etc. But it’s really awesome to be able to see all of the items. Thanks for sharing Eragon!
No, the character isn't supposed to be showing up :) . I'm not a huge fan of the open space, but I wanted to stick with a similar layout to the game. I may need to put a placeholder of something there...

Thanks for reporting the character details issue! I think I just fixed it, but please let me know if you are still running into it.
A wonderful idea. Thanks for what you are doing for the community!

A note though: Charactor creator isn't working. I use Chrome but you can't use any settings, not choose class, level or anything. It is shown on the screen but you can't choose and save. If this glitch is fixed the site will be Godly!
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

Super cool!! I’ll enjoy playing with this... and it’ll help with my toon development! Just one question—is the character supposed to show as you’re putting items on it? If that’s the case the character is invisible lol. Also having trouble setting the stats and character name, level etc. But it’s really awesome to be able to see all of the items. Thanks for sharing Eragon!
No, the character isn't supposed to be showing up :) . I'm not a huge fan of the open space, but I wanted to stick with a similar layout to the game. I may need to put a placeholder of something there...

Thanks for reporting the character details issue! I think I just fixed it, but please let me know if you are still running into it.
A wonderful idea. Thanks for what you are doing for the community!

A note though: Charactor creator isn't working. I use Chrome but you can't use any settings, not choose class, level or anything. It is shown on the screen but you can't choose and save. If this glitch is fixed the site will be Godly!
This issue should be fixed - I was doing some really quick maintenance on the scripting around that time, and you must have opened the page at just the right (wrong) time to pull an old version of the file. Sorry about that! Please PM me if it's still bugged for you! :)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!