Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ethics Behind Locking Threads

Schwing wrote:
Zkills wrote:Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

People just want the mods to do better at their jobs. Look at Voldemort’s mod work as a guide on how to moderate the forum correctly. If you guys find it to be a pain then drop the position, I don’t think anyone would feel like they’re at a loss lol.

I think it’s worth remembering that our mods are volunteers who are giving up a significant amount of their own time for no reward to help the community, as such they deserve a bit of appreciation for their efforts.

Blizzard mods that you use as a reference are full time paid employees part of a large community team.

At least try...
-Accounts-
(World - Username - Level)
Sulis - Appfan3 - 160+
Sulis - MartinEledore - 40+
Sulis - WellsFargo - 1 (B)
Donn - Infectious - 60+ (R)
Lugh - Secret account

B = Bank
R = Retired

Discord: PrewPox#4697
#EvolutionOnSulis #MerryChristmas #December

Shivahh wrote:
Armo wrote:If discussions are so valuable and locking out of control threads is destructive, then isn’t this a two way street? Instead of getting annoyed that the mods are locking the threads filled with insults, why not instead direct this towards your fellow forum dwellers who create the chaos to begin

You’re trolling :lol:
Do that and *This thread has been lock*
Pms aren't going to convince anyone, community can come out publicly to be heard by the majority here.

I’m saying that if you have issues with MY moderation, you can PM me and I’ll be more than happy to listen and potentially learn.

The alternative is to publicly call out/critique the mods, which will be probably locked, not because we can’t take criticism, but because it breaks the forum rules.

A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Schwing wrote:
Zkills wrote:Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

People just want the mods to do better at their jobs. Look at Voldemort’s mod work as a guide on how to moderate the forum correctly. If you guys find it to be a pain then drop the position, I don’t think anyone would feel like they’re at a loss lol.

I think it’s worth remembering that our mods are volunteers who are giving up a significant amount of their own time for no reward to help the community, as such they deserve a bit of appreciation for their efforts.

Blizzard mods that you use as a reference are full time paid employees part of a large community team.

On the actual topic I fully support our mods actions, the simple fact is we're not going to let individuals fight all over our forums and once a thread has derailed sufficiently I have no problem with it being locked, it's not deleted so any information of value is still available to individuals who wish to view it.

I’m not comparing the mods themselves here to WoW forum mods lol. I simply said take a look at all the unfathomable they’ve had to go through, and then look at what the mods here have to go through. If anything I’m comparing them to Voldemort’s job as a mod who is the best moderator no doubt and other mods should use him as an example, or even the legend himself Muldar. Ik they’re here voluntarily but if they can’t do the job correctly and will cause nothing but problems with the community then they should consider dropping their position.

Any information of value inside a locked thread might as well be considered useless because it’ll get lost in the sea of forgotten threads. Instead of locking threads forcefully, let them die out on their own and clean up any messes created that way everyone can share their thoughts or final thoughts on the topic being discussed.

Not all the mods are in this spotlight, just a select few.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Zkills wrote:Ik they’re here voluntarily but if they can’t do the job correctly and will cause nothing but problems with the community then they should consider dropping their position.

They are doing the job correctly as far as we are concerned, they’re following the rules laid out by us and we’re very grateful for their contribution to the community.

I would suggest that the people that lack the self control to abide by the forum rules and cause moderation to take action are the ones who should consider modifying their behaviour.

I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

This is a dumb af thread already. Not because of Furyions reasons, sure its fine to question why threads are locked, but in one day it became about the mods and them being bad at their job lmfao. No SuRpRiSe ThErE fRoM tHiS cOmMuNiTy. Give them a break. They lock threads because some of us forum users cant keep our emotions in check and get pissed off if someone disagrees or says something dumb or useless and then we do the same thing, and boom it all goes downhill into name calling, and slander, and useless conversation that is all solved with a lock of the thread.

If you guys don’t want threads to be locked (this isn’t directed at Furyion mind you), try being a mature adult? I have to specificy mature and im not saying i am one but try being one if u dont want them locked.
⚔️Gwydion- Relentless⚔️
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
SlyShadows - 115 DPS Warrior (Gwydion)

Proud Tank of Arawn (Retired)
Upcoming DPS War of Gwydion

“Try being a mature adult”, this must be your first time using the inter webs. If ur gonna try and preach to everyone to be mature adults then you best never come on the internet again lol.

There’s no problems questioning their work as moderators, and I personally just don’t want them being so trigger happy with bans and thread locks. Bring back “3 strikes and you’re out” and let good threads with good topics die on their own and clean up any messes inside. Not gonna sit around and give the mods a little sucky sucky and tell them their doing a great job, because clearly a lot of people think that their aren’t. No more saying “this thread has run its course, locking now”, if it’s run it’s course then let it die on its own.

People shouldn’t have to fear giving negative but good criticism in fear of getting a temp ban

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Zkills wrote:“Try being a mature adult”, this must be your first time using the inter webs. If ur gonna try and preach to everyone to be mature adults then you best never come on the internet again lol.

There’s no problems questioning their work as moderators, and I personally just don’t want them being so trigger happy with bans and thread locks. Bring back “3 strikes and you’re out” and let good threads with good topics die on their own and clean up any messes inside. Not gonna sit around and give the mods a little sucky sucky and tell them their doing a great job, because clearly a lot of people think that their aren’t. No more saying “this thread has run its course, locking now”, if it’s run it’s course then let it die on its own.

People shouldn’t have to fear giving negative but good criticism in fear of getting a temp ban

Luckily how these forums are run isn’t your decision to make. There’s no reason to fear giving feedback or discussing whatever topics not precluded by the forum rules as long as it’s done in a respectful way. If you want to fight and shout abuse at each other do it elsewhere no one wants to read people playing out personal vendettas.

I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Schwing wrote:Luckily how these forums are run isn’t your decision to make. There’s no reason to fear giving feedback or discussing whatever topics not precluded by the forum rules as long as it’s done in a respectful way. If you want to fight and shout abuse at each other do it elsewhere no one wants to read people playing out personal vendettas.

I mean I was being respectful and then got a temp ban for “constantly slandering VR”, and i can only imagine all the others who’ve received just as stupid bans lol. Next thing you know you’ll stop receiving good feedback from players because they’re simply tired of the moderation lol... that’s if you guys even listen to feedback outside of dino, still waiting for that Unox/edl change

heres the thread Incase you missed it :)

You wouldn’t get these “trigger happy bans” and good threads being locked if a select bunch of you guys stopped getting personal on every post you see.

Some of these threads that get locked are amazing, but then you get to the last page and you have 2-3 people having a brawl on who can use more insults.

Most these threads reach the point where the actual thing in question is a minor part of an argument that has no connection to the topic. The second people see someone they don’t like comment on a thread. Their comment is directed negatively towards them. Then a pointless argument spoils out. Then a lock because someone couldn’t keep their mouth closed

If you don’t know when to stop maybe you shouldn’t be on the internet

All these locked threads should be a sign that a select few of you are the problem. As you know there’s a strong connection between the group who keep arguing and the good threads being locked