Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Clan Owned Gear

It doesn’t matter what the rules are, people joined the clan knowing what the rules are.

If you’re not happy with the rules, then don’t join.

It’s like going to a country where you don’t like the laws, break them and get confused why the country punishes you.
This. No one cares if u had better option or not, there are rules, u dont like them, dont join. U cant tell VR not to ban u for buying or selling accs cus u had no better option and not to grief cus u had no way to compete on eg bosses other than that, h will still get banned.

There are places with different rules, dont try to portray the “free” servers as non biased and perfect because in these servers u can also noroll someone based on his gear, so lets be real here. Rolls servers like epona and taranis are nothing more than votes with a dice.

As for the “I joined clan, I earned it, its mine”. Lets see it like that. Ur a mage, u joined clan, another mage had shadow gele wand (firebolt) and now has won void. He doesnt need to return his shadow, he obviously earned it, why should he care for mages like u guys who want to earn it too? Just buy it with gold lul, screw ur effort right?

In other words, this “I earned it its mine” is like kids in kindergarden with their toys. That mindset is the real greedy mindset, as u are the reason ur fellow clanmates will not be as well geared as they could be, solely for ur own selfish desires. U are one individual in a large group of individuals, like u crave to have importance as an individual different than the rest, each and every other individual is important too. Ur mindset makes u feel like ur the most important one, cus u want ur desires on the expense of others who worked hard for ur “hard earned gear”. The idea of a clan is teamwork, u help me, I help u. Not I help u, u flip me off and sell the gear I helped u get.

Just stop being selfish 4heads
Yeah, but no player sets the game rules. I have seen players harassed for this kind of stuff. It's a shame especially in dkp/akp systems, because you earn points to "buy" items. I'm referring to when they leave clans I must point out, but hoarding gear from clannies is a whole different thing.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

It doesn’t matter what the rules are, people joined the clan knowing what the rules are.

It’s like going to a country where you don’t like the laws, break them and get confused why the country punishes you.
there is often far more to a situation than simply saying a clan has x rules and if your not happy with them dont join. It sounds like you are directing the blame towards the players who leave and keep their gear when it is just as often the dom clans fault.

Speaking from my experience i left my clan on extremely poor terms where the few leaders who didnt like me did all in their power to turn friends in clan against me, treated my friends still in clan poorly and put them at a disadvantage. I had lies made and spread about me which also boiled over to forums on many occasions aswell has had any new clan i joined attacked and killstolen until i left that clan.

I was kicked for exposing corruption in clan and being opinionated and blunt in calling out the favourtism and corruption and the funniest part of it all was the main leader i exposed later left the clan and it came out that everything i had said about them was infact true.

Had i left on good terms, whether that be to play with other friends or quit/retire or take a break i would have no issues handing gear across. As it was i handed in all unused and spare gear as well as all quest drops i still had on me to the clan or friends in clan to use.

Ofc not all cases are like mine and i sincerely hope no one else has to go through an ordeal like this cause its not a fun situation to be in but in this case the dom clan created the huge issues and it was NOT the player
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I’ve had my own experience with it. I left a clan after opposing other generals and guardians over a scammer they couldn’t accept was a scammer. Whilst I’d put years into the clan and into perfecting the build itself. They asked me to return my old gear. I flat out told them No.

Why is it selfish keeping gear I worked for even if I no longer support the clan?

It’s not really. I put that effort in. I actively tried to get the gear. It’s on my character. It was given to me without any return requirements. As far as I’m aware that sounds like mine to me.

The best way I found to deal with the spam and harresment of it was to flat out deny returning it and/or block people asking you to do it

A clan that asks for your gear back is clearly a corrupt clan, as they only wanted you for your strength, and when you’re gone they want to replace that strength regardless of who it will be

I’ve had my own experience with it. I left a clan after opposing other generals and guardians over a scammer they couldn’t accept was a scammer. Whilst I’d put years into the clan and into perfecting the build itself. They asked me to return my old gear. I flat out told them No.

Why is it selfish keeping gear I worked for even if I no longer support the clan?

It’s not really. I put that effort in. I actively tried to get the gear. It’s on my character. It was given to me without any return requirements. As far as I’m aware that sounds like mine to me.

The best way I found to deal with the spam and harresment of it was to flat out deny returning it and/or block people asking you to do it

A clan that asks for your gear back is clearly a corrupt clan, as they only wanted you for your strength, and when you’re gone they want to replace that strength regardless of who it will be
I did a similar thing, the main clan in Gwydion, Relentless wanted to let a guy who scammed me in the clan. Any clan that lets scammers in is not an environment I want to be in so I left. I was #1 on DKP table, #2 on Prot dkp table and #2 ranger on gele dkp table. I didn't use any of my points to get gear before I left or anything. (I had so many points if I came back today with all points restored I would still probably be top 3-5 in Prot and DKP tables.
There was absolutely no way I was going to give the small amount of gear I earned back anyway, although they wouldn't ask anyway because Gwyd isn't like that.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

People who have quoted me and said that it’s not fair, etc, I understand.

You can leave the dom clan and sell the drops you received or whatever, just don’t expect to be treated with respect by the majority.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

This. No one cares if u had better option or not, there are rules, u dont like them, dont join. U cant tell VR not to ban u for buying or selling accs cus u had no better option and not to grief cus u had no way to compete on eg bosses other than that, h will still get banned.

There are places with different rules, dont try to portray the “free” servers as non biased and perfect because in these servers u can also noroll someone based on his gear, so lets be real here. Rolls servers like epona and taranis are nothing more than votes with a dice.

As for the “I joined clan, I earned it, its mine”. Lets see it like that. Ur a mage, u joined clan, another mage had shadow gele wand (firebolt) and now has won void. He doesnt need to return his shadow, he obviously earned it, why should he care for mages like u guys who want to earn it too? Just buy it with gold lul, screw ur effort right?

In other words, this “I earned it its mine” is like kids in kindergarden with their toys. That mindset is the real greedy mindset, as u are the reason ur fellow clanmates will not be as well geared as they could be, solely for ur own selfish desires. U are one individual in a large group of individuals, like u crave to have importance as an individual different than the rest, each and every other individual is important too. Ur mindset makes u feel like ur the most important one, cus u want ur desires on the expense of others who worked hard for ur “hard earned gear”. The idea of a clan is teamwork, u help me, I help u. Not I help u, u flip me off and sell the gear I helped u get.

Just stop being selfish 4heads
Yeah, but no player sets the game rules. I have seen players harassed for this kind of stuff. It's a shame especially in dkp/akp systems, because you earn points to "buy" items. I'm referring to when they leave clans I must point out, but hoarding gear from clannies is a whole different thing.
I'll admit that ppl leaving with gear has bothered me before when raids were newer and we still were new to all that gear, especially when it was ppl who joined us only to take gear, but now I dont care so much and I'll never chase someone for gear. I did ask players who quit if they will ever be back or will they return their gear and some have because they said they'll never be back, I see it as the mature decision.

If u left with gear, u do ur own thinking if what u did is right or wrong, do I think its wrong? Maybe, depends on the case. Do I care? Not really, just dont hoard when ur in the clan. Our rivals have used that tactic before to send players to take gear but when their players left they harassed them for gear, so that bothered me cus it was hypocrite, but I got used to that.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

People who have quoted me and said that it’s not fair, etc, I understand.

You can leave the dom clan and sell the drops you received or whatever, just don’t expect to be treated with respect by the majority.

Lets be honest, when a group pf people have a what's mine is mine and what's your is mine philosophy, they prob didn't respect u much to start with.

Doesn't sound like a relationship of mutual benefit, its sounds more like a manipulation tool to keep people in line sort of scenario.
The nail that sticks out gets hammered otherwise.

It’s a discussion about the logic behind this sort of thing. There’s no problem with that.

I agree with the OP when a dkp system is in use. You work for the clan, get paid in dkp, and you use that dkp to buy yourself gear. Now that gear should be your property and not the clans since you specifically worked hard to build up dkp for that item. It’s what you earned for working hard and helping provide for the clan. For voting systems however it’s different because more often than not undeserving players/toons get gear over someone who deserves more, so it’s hard to ask the question of whether someone earned something or not and it leads to conflict. One of the many flaws of voting
Last edited by Zkills on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

clans dont own anything, there isn't even an official way to create a clan bank. but dont complain when you get removed from a clan after breaking their rules
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Just make sure ud ont bash any specific clan system. U can dislike dkp and dislike voting and dislike rolls, but if u bash it u take the responsibility for derailing this thread. If u want to keep it civil, make sure u stay objective, and not bash a system based on past experiences. The systems that didnt work for u might work for others, and they arent necessarily bad just because YOU didnt like them. In many ways, players find the rolls servers to be extremely biased, which u can see in specific servers, but it doesnt mean this mindset is the right or wrong one, hence its opinions. Just dont bash the systems of clans who worked years to build, stay objective.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex