Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apostate braces

Is the dev team ever planning on changing these drop rates?
The superior weapons being extremely rare is cool and all because they're not useful just weird and cool.
You made the strongest gear in the game impossible to find. Some people have spent the equivalent of a full week of 24/7 farming mindnumbingly trying to get those drops.
0-2 per server after being constantly farmed for months is just not okay, and encourages insanely bad behaviour for people's health.
If it's the strongest gear in the game, it better be nearly impossible to get.

The "bad for people's health" argument is pretty weak. Doing anything in excess is bad for you, it's up to the person themselves to use common sense to moderate their actions.
Leveling to endgame can be bad for your health too, if you try to do it non-stop. So could eating a hundred donuts at once.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think it’s ok to have them be super rare and all, it’s just the question of do these 5*s even exist. Thinking deep about it allows you to see why these bracers are as rare as they are. They’re very good and it’d be lame if you could simply get one from 1 weeks worth of farming, or even a month. Just think about how rare good godly or even imperial bracers from prot/gele are... if these braces are considered to be even better than a godly gele/prot brace then yes ofc they should be as rare as they are, if they still even spawn. The catch with these braces is that they can be farmed solo on mobs pretty far below eg at a consistent rate so again, the rarity makes sense.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The superior stuff should be rare bc else Its pointless. But on Danu we have farmed for 2000+ hours server wide since release for the apostate bracer And still nothing. We have 2 helforged brace, a very slim amount of regen weapons And almost non of the low lvl fancy ones. Thats Just not right, TP the point that half the server is actually convinced they dont exist

The "bad for people's health" argument is pretty weak. Doing anything in excess is bad for you, it's up to the person themselves to use common sense to moderate their actions.
Leveling to endgame can be bad for your health too, if you try to do it non-stop. So could eating a hundred donuts at once.
The difference is the pure 0 reward. Farming gele might not drop 1738 godly ingenuity braces, but it'll drop mighty-imp ones too, gele weapons, drops for dg, and obviously many other useful things. Farming levels gives power and skills and more damage, there's reward, you can eat 100 donuts if you really want to, there's still reward.

This grind is just stupid, useless, and mind numbingly repetitive.

The difference is the pure 0 reward. Farming gele might not drop 1738 godly ingenuity braces, but it'll drop mighty-imp ones too, gele weapons, drops for dg, and obviously many other useful things. Farming levels gives power and skills and more damage, there's reward, you can eat 100 donuts if you really want to, there's still reward.

To be fair, there is still a reward when farming. If you are a lower level, you are getting exp. If you aren't low enough to be getting exp, you are still getting gold and drops that can be turned into gold, not to mention all the rings that are sure to drop. There are still rewards - just not the rewards you are looking for.

Quite honestly, I sincerely doubt that VR designed those drops to be farmed for. Like the various weapons that were released at the same time, they seem to be more of a super rare prize drop that lucky people might get, (though obviously much rarer than the weapons). Maybe that's VR's fault for making the drops so good and rare - it had the unintentional side effect of making players want to farm for them, and get frustrated by the rarity level. Now VR is stuck in the awkward position where they can't really increase the drop rates and/or decrease the stats, because it would devalue the few that have already dropped.

I think that in the end it's just an unfortunate mistake on Design's part - perhaps not realizing just how insanely dedicated the player base was, where some players would spend hundreds of hours farming for a single uber-rare piece of gear.

To be fair, there is still a reward when farming. If you are a lower level, you are getting exp. If you aren't low enough to be getting exp, you are still getting gold and drops that can be turned into gold, not to mention all the rings that are sure to drop. There are still rewards - just not the rewards you are looking for.

Quite honestly, I sincerely doubt that VR designed those drops to be farmed for. Like the various weapons that were released at the same time, they seem to be more of a super rare prize drop that lucky people might get, (though obviously much rarer than the weapons). Maybe that's VR's fault for making the drops so good and rare - it had the unintentional side effect of making players want to farm for them, and get frustrated by the rarity level. Now VR is stuck in the awkward position where they can't really increase the drop rates and/or decrease the stats, because it would devalue the few that have already dropped.

I think that in the end it's just an unfortunate mistake on Design's part - perhaps not realizing just how insanely dedicated the player base was, where some players would spend hundreds of hours farming for a single uber-rare piece of gear.
The gold you get farming those is pretty much irrelevant ngl, ive probably farmed around 15h myself, which isnt anywhere near as much as many, and i probably got a total of 40-50k including drops.its just not worth anything. Begging in castle is probably more profitable.

I agree that it puts them in a sticky situation, exactly as you said. I think it would be cool if they changed it in a way that made it somewhat more interesting, for example a one week opening window every month, where the boss can spawn anywhere in alchemical, not just in that corner.

I just feel like it cant really stay the way it is. It should at least not spawn on rotation, it should replace the mob standing there when it spawns so people dont have to keep killing mobs over and over to find it, theyll just run by one day and get lucky.

Then i would make it something thats not the highest damaging bracelet in the game lol, you’re telling me something that outdamages even a godly gele brace is supposed to come with pure luck now thats what i call poor planning
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Then i would make it something thats not the highest damaging bracelet in the game lol, you’re telling me something that outdamages even a godly gele brace is supposed to come with pure luck now thats what i call poor planning
Like I said, it might be a poor decision on Design’s part.

Or, consider that it might have been a great idea on Design’s part, and it’s as balanced as it’s supposed to be. Yes it’s the highest damaging bracelet in the game, but it’s also the rarest, and the randomness means that it could drop for anyone (regardless of clan or level) who is farming or leveling in the right area.

Hard to say is the rarest when theres like 1-2 apostates in several servers yet much less godly havocs/barbs/ingens considering gele has been out for 3 years, then again the apostates drop rate is lower to nonexistent, and was a bad idea from the start to release an RNG brace from an RNG mob to beat godly gele ones.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Hard to say is the rarest when theres like 1-2 apostates in several servers yet much less godly havocs/barbs/ingens considering gele has been out for 3 years, then again the apostates drop rate is lower to nonexistent, and was a bad idea from the start to release an RNG brace from an RNG mob to beat godly gele ones.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex