Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The ingame support tool

Personally had a terrible interaction with this

Asked support a question about a Phoenix, told me getting my 2 eggs from my lvl 2 pet was not refundable

Soooo I asked for half price, which I have been informed is fine
But apparently not
I got the exact same, word for word, punctuation exact answer

“Unfortunately, they are not refundable”

This was two very different requests, one being an allowed one??

A third time, I asked a clear message saying I wanted half the cost of eggs back. No response in awhile, I sent another to ask why I had 0 response in over a week. Now another week has passed, I’ve still had no response, it feels I’m being ignored because the support person failed to deliver an adequate help.

Is it even worthwhile using this tool??

Would it be more beneficial to use the email tool or contact an admin directly ? Currently feel as whoever manages the ingame support tool doesn’t want to handle my request.

Re: The ingame support tool

Personally had a terrible interaction with this

Asked support a question about a Phoenix, told me getting my 2 eggs from my lvl 2 pet was not refundable

Soooo I asked for half price, which I have been informed is fine
But apparently not
I got the exact same, word for word, punctuation exact answer

“Unfortunately, they are not refundable”

This was two very different requests, one being an allowed one??

A third time, I asked a clear message saying I wanted half the cost of eggs back. No response in awhile, I sent another to ask why I had 0 response in over a week. Now another week has passed, I’ve still had no response, it feels I’m being ignored because the support person failed to deliver an adequate help.

Is it even worthwhile using this tool??

Would it be more beneficial to use the email tool or contact an admin directly ? Currently feel as whoever manages the ingame support tool doesn’t want to handle my request.

Last I heard, Support consisted of one person who handled both requests sent via email, and through the ingame tool. It's possible that VR has been able to expand their Support team in the past few months, but until that gets confirmed, I'm assuming it is just the single lucky person, which is why Support is often behind in handling tickets.

From what I've heard from past CMs and admins, I'm guessing that both emails and ingame requests end up in the same place, so I don't think one is any better than the other - the reason the email address is suggested so much on the forums is because occasionally there are issues with the account itself, so obviously the player couldn't use the ingame tool.

Directly PMing an admin won't help you essentially cut in front of the other players who have been waiting for longer than you. They want their answers just as badly as you do.

As for the whole pet refund situation...yes in the past Support has done half price refunds for premium pets, since there is no other way to sell them back - unlike mounts and normal pets. However, as far as I know, that refund is not a guaranteed result...VR is not obligated to provide refunds for premium pets, despite having done so in the past. I don't know if their policies have changed, if so, I sure hope they will confirm that in this thread. If their policies have not changed, it's possible that Support is misunderstanding your request, or there is someone else helping catch up on tickets who is not familiar with the normal refunds.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Thanks for the reply

Can an admin please clarify if we can refund premium pet for half price, I don’t really think it’s fair if we are forced to keep a pet we don’t want just because it’s only obtainable by chests. It’s not something a game should be doing

The Support team was previously acting against the intended design of the pets like the Dragon and the Phoenix by allowing players to refund them, and those requests were being abused (even with only receiving half of the eggs returned).

In order to respect the wishes of the development team and enable Support to respond to player's needs faster, we stopped offering refunds on premium pets some time before the new year. However, we will assist players who accidentally purchase two Tier 1 pets (due to the upgrade mechanic being different than normal pets), or who accidentally purchase the wrong type and report it to us within a couple days of the incident.

I apologize for any confusion our team may have caused you when responding to your request.

I feel your pain. It has almost been 3 weeks since I’ve gotten help with my account. It started May 9th and it’s now May 30th. For some reason the first page of my skill slots can not be used anymore. It’s annoying because I don’t want to have to buy more skill slots to replace the ones that are glitched. I’ve gotten a response from VR one week after I reported it. The only thing that was in their message was to ask if my problem is still happening lol. I replied yes and haven’t heard back in last two weeks.
Resetting my device does not fix it.
Reinstalling app does not fix it.
Logging into another device does not fix it.
Using character stuck button does not fix it.
Connie23 Lvl 220 Druid
Connor23. Lvl 200 Rogue
Heals4days Lvl 215 Druid

The Support team was previously acting against the intended design of the pets like the Dragon and the Phoenix by allowing players to refund them, and those requests were being abused (even with only receiving half of the eggs returned).

In order to respect the wishes of the development team and enable Support to respond to player's needs faster, we stopped offering refunds on premium pets some time before the new year. However, we will assist players who accidentally purchase two Tier 1 pets (due to the upgrade mechanic being different than normal pets), or who accidentally purchase the wrong type and report it to us within a couple days of the incident.

I apologize for any confusion our team may have caused you when responding to your request.
thanks for this information

why cant we just have a UI in the shop to allow us to resell premium pets for half the price like everything else. what good reason is there not to

is it healthy for a game to force players to keep things they dont want ?

No. it isnt

i get it is classed as premium but why cant we just have a normal ingame way to half price get rid of them. It doesnt effect you as a company either way, infact it helps you as the amount of premium eggs/seeds go down, prices go up, which means more gold being used, or people buy more plat for more premiums

i dont understand the design point of not being able to sell premium pets, it sounds like a very poor choice

Why is forcing people to keep a pet an intended design ?

Imagine you buy a god awful expensive pet and you don’t like it. You’re now stuck with this forever because of an intended design that is removing choice in a game where you’re meant to choose what you use

I will say it one more time. Forcing players into items because of ‘intended design’ is not healthy at all

thanks for this information

why cant we just have a UI in the shop to allow us to resell premium pets for half the price like everything else. what good reason is there not to

is it healthy for a game to force players to keep things they dont want ?

No. it isnt

i get it is classed as premium but why cant we just have a normal ingame way to half price get rid of them. It doesnt effect you as a company either way, infact it helps you as the amount of premium eggs/seeds go down, prices go up, which means more gold being used, or people buy more plat for more premiums

i dont understand the design point of not being able to sell premium pets, it sounds like a very poor choice

Why is forcing people to keep a pet an intended design ?

Imagine you buy a god awful expensive pet and you don’t like it. You’re now stuck with this forever because of an intended design that is removing choice in a game where you’re meant to choose what you use

I will say it one more time. Forcing players into items because of ‘intended design’ is not healthy at all
The player willingly purchased the premium pet. They consciously made the decision that yes, they want that pet, so they will get it. The game is not "forcing" players into anything, the player is the one who removed choice from the equation when they picked which pet they wanted.
Yes, in CH the player is meant to be able to choose what they use. That's why you can purchase multiple pets instead of being stuck with only one in your inventory at a time.

Is it unfortunate that you can't trade premium pets back? Absolutely.
Would it be good to be able to do so? I completely agree.
Is it unfair that VR is only now enforcing the intended design? Yeah kinda.
Is it a "healthy" idea? That is a matter of perspective. Obviously a player who regrets their choice of pet will think it's a terrible idea, since they are biased.

I'm not trying to defend the system, I think it would be a good idea to be able to sell back premium pets - or even make them tradeable to other players. However, it's important to keep in mind that the player chose that pet.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

As I stated, the system was being abused and going against intended design.

We still allow refunds of accidental purchases if reported in a few days. However, if you decide to want a new dragon type or need some gold for a different item 6 months down the road, then we aren't able to assist. Support is not a pawn shop.

We may develop a feature that allows players to refund these premium pets in the future, but not something we are actively seeking right now. I appreciate your feedback on the matter and we'll continue to read players comments about features they want most.