Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Auction House

Since everybody is afraid Epona Will ruin global ah, just separate Epona and not be included to global ah.

Because epona sells everything, it Will ruin economy and dominant clan purpose., like WHy join a dom clan you hate, when you no longer have control on drops circulating in the market, you can now buy gele weapons and dg pieces?
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Since everybody is afraid Epona Will ruin global ah, just separate Epona and not be included to global ah.

Because epona sells everything, it Will ruin economy and dominant clan purpose., like WHy join a dom clan you hate, when you no longer have control on drops circulating in the market, you can now buy gele weapons and dg pieces?
Im just quoting because i can.

Clan brought up something interesting, if there is global auction house, it removes the entire xferring process through others from the game. U would be able to xfer every item on one account to a complete different account on a server. Simply by selling ur item for 1g on say danu, and buying it IMMEDIATELY for 1g on like, Mabon.

Idk how or if its possible but just like hawkhurst bots in murky, people could be bots on AH just spam buying any item that has a purchase option for say, under 10k and get any item trying to be xferred
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Thanks for adding me to the list. Sorry, I don’t frequent forums much so idk how to quote off of a device.

I’m an old player dating back to 2014. I have very old items. I’ve become a collector since I’ve lost interest in the game over time and I would not be opposed to the idea of a global AH nor did I mind Aeon chests(off topic ik). I do resent the aeon chests now as those particular fashion items have flooded the market. So hard to find original fash for sale.
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

If ANYTHING, IF global economy is implemented, is sure as hell better not be rushed in any way, shape or form, for such a massive effect it could have, better be a beta to check for bugs, hacks, anything, etc.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

I mean taking an entire server off the gah seems kind of wrong to me. However, someone mentioned a sell to local only which I think would help the people who do not wish to participate in the gah. Well you still would want to be in a dom clan unless you have the premium chests to support your gold. I don't think one Gele kill will give you the item you need even if Gele dropped what you wanted. However, if a clan sees you participate in end game bosses, they will try to help you out. I believe the more you participate in the dom clan, the more control you will have over drops. May seem tempting to try to buy an gah item, but remember others want that same drop.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

I’ll use an example of Void Gele weapons that are in high demand , but often don’t drop in the 3 years it has been out.

Let’s say the average number of void tier Gele weapons on all servers is 8 (actual numbers could be higher or lesser)

If someone on a smaller server had a void tier weapon and decided to transfer, he/she would probably sell hi/her items on the “Global auction house” to gain the most amount of money.

Given the amount of servers out there, it’s unlikely that the void tier weapon will actually stay on that smaller server, which immediately puts a disadvantage to that server while another one benefits. The amount of void tier weapons is the same, but now the distribution is unequal among servers.

One can argue that it will eventually equal out again, but given the extreme limited availability of the items, there’s a much higher chance it will localize in only a few servers that happen to have much greater buying power.
The amount of Void gele weapons on each server is so small that if they were removed entirely from the game, no server would be greatly affected in their ability to progress. that's the case with all drops, the rarer they are, the increased likelihood of their distribution being skewed by the global market but by being so rare, they inherently play a much much smaller role in the well being of the servers

If ANYTHING, IF global economy is implemented, is sure as hell better not be rushed in any way, shape or form, for such a massive effect it could have, better be a beta to check for bugs, hacks, anything, etc.
........Does this mean you are a +1?!?!? I am kidding. :lol:

I mean yea it will certainly have a LONG beta :lol:, but it would be a nice thing to try out. I don't think VR will end up doing something that will require a BIG change and has a lot of controversy attached to it. However, it is nice to think about. I certainly believe they should do some thinking about it because big changes can make big improvements. Yes, yes I know 9 of you are -1 (with some saying HUGE -1). Yes, yes I know there is possibility it could ruin CH. However, it could end up helping CH a ton as well. I certainly believe rushing into something like this is a BAD BAD idea. It could just be a bad idea in general, but since the community is so divided on this topic, I would hope VR would spend some time doing research on it to find which side may actually be correct. Again, spending a lot of time implementing the feature just for half the population seems like a bad idea, but doing research to find out truly what it could mean for Celtic Heroes isn't a bad idea for VR. Even though the topic is divided, the pros and cons may not be as divided.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Current votes
I went back to see who was for the idea and who was against it. Let me know if I put your name in the wrong category or if you have changed your mind.

For:
  • me (of course),
    Rameyrat,
    Soccer,
    Lucerin,
    Thane,
    Ridd,
    Chaotic,
    Swisscheese88,
    PeruvianLughvian
That is a total of 9 people for the idea.

Against:
  • MrScar,
    Meck,
    Xanadu,
    SupremeDruid,
    Legoias1234,
    Froze,
    Zkills,
    Sly Shadows,
    EuryDice
That is a total of 9 people against the idea.

Literally split right down the middle. Wow I knew it was controversial, but I thought we would get somewhere on either side.
Long post, probably spelling errors, too lazy to check :lol:

Dont get me wrong, i can see how it can be hella fun, and id enjoy it but dont get me wrong lol. But its an aweful idea for economies. Sure but as everyone already knows, it will have a pretty bad effect on all older players who have antique items they are proud of and value very highly on their server. The global auction house could ruin this, im not saying it WILL but its a chance say someone has sparkling white lan set on Belenus and its only one and its highly prized, people have sought after it for years, now imagine a global AH comes in, someone gets it in AH and in theory it could drop the price dramatically.

Now this white lan set is a very high risk scenario and probably wont happen but its the principle, but it will apply to endgame items, all fashion items, quest items, and platnium items. It might affect combination elixer peices and raise them from 8k to 12k or drop them to 6.5k. You have no idea and it could seriously backfire in your face which is a much more negative effect than what could positively happen. As someone whos been out of the top clan of arawn for like a year now and has competed to be in a comp clan up to Proteus for months making very slow progress, you would think i would be in favor of mass selling of endgame items but im not, ESPECIALLY because of Epona.

Now im not hating on Epona or anything, dont get me wrong i like the world, the concept, and i have a fair amount of friends there. (Haiz Prevail :3 ) But the drastically high amount of endgame, seeds, confluxes, pureness, that are sold is insanely high compared to all other servers. If i recall, some players have bought their whole dg set, idk off other players specifically or from AH but with a global Auction House, people would be able to have an insane overpricing strategy being used because some servers with lower comp clans who desperately need the endgame aids would pay high amounts for it. Theres nothing entirely wrong with this because it is technically a suggested price and no one is forced to pay it by any means but for any server with a one dom clan and lower comp clans, thats something to think about. Not only just smaller comp clans should think about it, but if a one dominant clan server, and the clan wanted to stay dominant uncontested for the most part, well a global auction house is not the way to do it if ur giving access to all players on server to all endgame items, with a bountiful amount of endgame up to gelebron.

Now im not like super known to have very agreeable responses to suggestions....or really known on forums at all lel, but id like to know what you guys think about my counter argument and if u have any counter arguments to what i said, id love to read em.
Yes let's forgot all possible benefits of global market because a couple of people have rare items that they don't want to lose their value. That is very selfish. As someone who owns the only active black lan set on my server, I don't mind if others got the chance to obtain sets.

Why not give other people a chance at getting rare fash, or items their servers do not have simply because they are newer. It may even increase prices of some fash now that there are more consumers. While yes there may also be increased products, one cannot simply pull the direction things will go out of things air.