Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Global Auction House

I would like to say that the auction house would be better if all servers were involved in just one global auction house.

I know one of the cool things about CH is that each server is treated as its own world. However, with some of the items in the chests being set to extremely rare rates, it's hard to find the item you are looking for. In addition, the legacy bosses spawn rarely and if you don't get the item you wanted, or if another clan took it you would have to wait days. Also, with some servers, good luck selling any luxs items as most people don't need, want, or have enough money to buy the lux item even 15% off. I know the AH has helped the economy already, but it is still pretty poor.

Celtic Heroes is still a small world with a small economy. Even countries sell to other countries. In fact, the economy would be poor in the US and other places if trading with other countries didn't happen. I would like to view server to server trading as country to country. If you are against this idea because you are the best seller in your server. VR can make tariffs for items that trade across servers.

The economy is the thing that bothers me the most in CH and yet it is one of the things I feel like Celtic Heroes should be doing well in.

What do you think about having a global auction house?
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Re: Global Auction House

It will never happen for the same reason server transfers will never happen. People don't want to mess with the individual economies of each server.

I think it's a cool idea, and I would use it to try and start over on a different server if it were implemented. You know, put a piece of my gear up there for super cheap and hope no one sees it before I hop over and buy it on my toon on a different server. Risky as hell but it would be the only way to move my gear. :lol:

But I just don't see it happening. :(

You know, put a piece of my gear up there for super cheap and hope no one sees it before I hop over and buy it on my toon on a different server.
Well that is kind of abusing the system. However, there would be tariffs in place to make it a little harder for that to happen I feel like. I know a global auction house changes everything, but I feel like if tariffs were put in place, this would help motivate people to sell on their own servers.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

I disagree. If you want a global ah, I take that to mean you want a person on Epona to put up an item for auction and allow it to be purchased by a person on Fingal, for example. So what if the seller and buyer are the same person with toons on different servers? It's the same thing as if it were two different people. You're still transferring an item from Epona to Fingal.

But in any case, I don't think they would do it, although I think many people would love it if they did.

Yeahh.. pretty dumb idea to add a global auction house, for starters it would mess up every servers economy, it would also allow those who sell clan drops to basically sell them to all servers, along with that it would benefit scammers a lot more as once they scam on one world they can transfer the gold to another server and continue to scam people. Along with less populated worlds being useless due to ppl transfering to the populated and better servers.

Would be a terrible idea
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

There are giant sandbox, single world games. Plenty of them. A simple internet search makes it easy to find them. CH isn’t one of them. This idea introduces defunct items that have been removed from new servers but have legacy appearance on others, which is something OTM/VR have strongly avoided in the past. It would be a massive upheaval of server economies as well.

Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Yeahh.. pretty dumb idea to add a global auction house, for starters it would mess up every servers economy, it would also allow those who sell clan drops to basically sell them to all servers, along with that it would benefit scammers a lot more as once they scam on one world they can transfer the gold to another server and continue to scam people. Along with less populated worlds being useless due to ppl transfering to the populated and better servers.

Would be a terrible idea!
Well you forgot the tariff idea. What about a 50% tariff. So a mount token you would sell for 50k on your own server would now sell for 75k on other. Saying it would destroy economies seems a little dramatic don't you think? The problem I am having is that the drops I get don't sell because the economy in my server is poor. I literally have no idea what you are talking about with the scammers. I never said trading in a global area. I said a global auction house. How do people scam on the auction house? I think the tariffs would actually encourage people to buy things on their own server. Wouldn't a terrible idea. I get you are on board, but I wouldn't bring it up if I thought it couldn't work at all.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

+1

Would help a lot of the smaller economies and breath new life into the game. Would also allow a global area to actually serve a purpose.
Exactly my point. What is the point of getting a dragon egg, or seed if you can't sell it?

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis