Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Tavern

The biggest issue with the cross server auction house is that it will never really work for gear if other servers continue to refuse to sell drops. Epona will be sucked dry and the flow of gold will slow down for the server. I personally think it would be best if other servers allowed the selling of drops (if global auction was made) because it would benefit the game economy as a whole. As of right now gold has hardly any buying power like it should have on many servers because there’s simply not enough things to buy, which causes inflation. It’s why you see things on Epona being sold for dirt cheap when compared with other servers. When gold has more buying power people are tempted to buy more and more chests, which makes plat items cheaper which makes everyone better off.
While I don't necessarily agree that it would run dry, I do see where you are coming from. Why would Epona run dry on gold tho? If people are buying up it's gear, then it would have a crap load of gold. I would imagine that price would become too high for out of server people to find it worth while to buy gear rather than obtain it from it's clan (if they aren't already doing that).

To combat too much flow of gear from one place, vr could implemnt a taxing system. For items less 100k, out of server buyer pays a 20 percent tax, less than 1m could be 30 percent and above a mil could be 50 percent. This would allow people to buy consumes without too much penalty but buying things like gear would be made difficult.

The biggest issue with the cross server auction house is that it will never really work for gear if other servers continue to refuse to sell drops. Epona will be sucked dry and the flow of gold will slow down for the server. I personally think it would be best if other servers allowed the selling of drops (if global auction was made) because it would benefit the game economy as a whole. As of right now gold has hardly any buying power like it should have on many servers because there’s simply not enough things to buy, which causes inflation. It’s why you see things on Epona being sold for dirt cheap when compared with other servers. When gold has more buying power people are tempted to buy more and more chests, which makes plat items cheaper which makes everyone better off.
While I don't necessarily agree that it would run dry, I do see where you are coming from. Why would Epona run dry on gold tho? If people are buying up it's gear, then it would have a crap load of gold. I would imagine that price would become too high for out of server people to find it worth while to buy gear rather than obtain it from it's clan (if they aren't already doing that).
What I mean is that other servers will suck all the gear out of Epona, leaving people in Epona with nothing as no one other servers would be putting drops up for sale, ultimately making Epona worse off. Which is why other servers need to allow the selling of drops to make things fair and better off for everyone. Not to mention it’ll boost the economy for every server by a large margin
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

What I mean is that other servers will suck all the gear out of Epona, leaving people in Epona with nothing as no one other servers would be putting drops up for sale, ultimately making Epona worse off. Which is why other servers need to allow the selling of drops to make things fair and better off for everyone.
No I got that. Hence the tax suggestion to make it much more difficult for people out of server to purchase gear from another server while still allowing consumes to flow easily between servers.

What I mean is that other servers will suck all the gear out of Epona, leaving people in Epona with nothing as no one other servers would be putting drops up for sale, ultimately making Epona worse off. Which is why other servers need to allow the selling of drops to make things fair and better off for everyone.
No I got that. Hence the tax suggestion to make it much more difficult for people out of server to purchase gear from another server while still allowing consumes to flow easily between servers.
It would never work because other servers are so heavily inflated. People are sitting on mountains of gold because they have nothing to buy on their servers, so a tax won’t stop them. People on Epona will have mountains of gold to sit on with nothing to buy outside of the usual fash/plat items... Epona would be worse off no matter what unless if servers change their ways.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It would never work because other servers are so heavily inflated. People are sitting on mountains of gold because they have nothing to buy on their servers, so a tax won’t stop them. People on Epona will have mountains of gold to sit on with nothing to buy outside of the usual fash/plat items... Epona would be worse off no matter what unless if servers change their ways.
Dom clans are Dom because the majority of players are in the clan. They won't buy absurd prices regardless of how much gold they have. I still stand by my claim that Dom clan players would not spend gold on gear when they can get it for dpk which would be worthless if not meant to be spent on gold (Edit:gear, not gold).

The biggest issue with the cross server auction house is that it will never really work for gear if other servers continue to refuse to sell drops.
+1 not that I am in favor of selling drops but each world is different and has their own system in place.

You said people get drops based off work from other servers and that you are against that. That could only mean you think they don't deserve those drops. If that chain of thought could lead to any other conclusion, please let me know because I don't see it.

Not everyone who has gold earned it by just buying a whole lot of plat so that's an unfair assumption.

The effort put in by clans would not be wasted. Whether the end result is a bank of gear or gold from sold gear, it's still productive use of a clan's abilities.
Yes, I would be against that but never did I say I have right to control who deserves what.

I think you either misunderstood me a bit or are twisting my words on purpose. I simply said that someone could just buy plat and have everything handed to them (This works for some servers and that's fine). Of course people can work for gold but the plat thing is an option too.

Again with the misunderstanding in my scenario you have a dom and comp clan. The dom clan kills every BT and Gele on the server but the comp clan can still have access to those drops because they can just buy them from a different server. In turn they can grow stronger from just buying gear. Thus hurting the dom clan and their effort of trying to control the bosses (This was talked about before in a drop rates topic). This is just my opinion and again from a dom clan POV so some bias of course.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

The biggest issue with the cross server auction house is that it will never really work for gear if other servers continue to refuse to sell drops.
+1 not that I am in favor of selling drops but each world is different and has their own system in place.

You said people get drops based off work from other servers and that you are against that. That could only mean you think they don't deserve those drops. If that chain of thought could lead to any other conclusion, please let me know because I don't see it.

Not everyone who has gold earned it by just buying a whole lot of plat so that's an unfair assumption.

The effort put in by clans would not be wasted. Whether the end result is a bank of gear or gold from sold gear, it's still productive use of a clan's abilities.
Yes, I would be against that but never did I say I have right to control who deserves what.

I think you either misunderstood me a bit or are twisting my words on purpose. I simply said that someone could just buy plat and have everything handed to them (This works for some servers and that's fine). Of course people can work for gold but the plat thing is an option too.

Again with the misunderstanding in my scenario you have a dom and comp clan. The dom clan kills every BT and Gele on the server but the comp clan can still have access to those drops because they can just buy them from a different server. In turn they can grow stronger from just buying gear. Thus hurting the dom clan and their effort of trying to control the bosses (This was talked about before in a drop rates topic). This is just my opinion and again from a dom clan POV so some bias of course.
Just because you don't like someone buying plat and getting geared, it doesn't mean people who want to put in the effort to get gear should get shafted.

You can't simply prevent the implementation of something that can have so many benefits to servers simply because Dom clans could potentially face tougher competition. Maintaining control over others on the server should not dictate the direction the game is headed.

You don't see me going to threads about improving drop rates and saying 'hey don't increase helmet drop rates, they r too op and will bring down comp even further'. If my clan wants to ever be the top clan, we plan on doing so by persevering and not by arguing for changes that hurt Dom clans or prevent their growth.

I have merged another topic regarding Global Castle because it evolved into the same type of discussion.

We’ve been listening to what you have to say regarding our global zones (both Castle and Tavern), and we appreciate all the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism. From the beginning, we wanted to expand our success from the Arena to continue to bring more of the social areas global and allow players to connect with one another across servers. Both the Arena and Tavern are inherently less populated zones, so we wanted the next global zone to be more rewarding which is why we initially selected the Castle. We understand that we were missing some important quality of life features to make populated zones more enjoyable.

For now, we have enabled the Tavern as a global zone. I spent some time speaking to players in game after the reset listening to your feedback and suggestions, and was met with positive reactions to the Tavern. We'll continue to improve performance for populated areas and implement additional features like disabling duel requests, make shouts server-specific, and reduce dice roll spam.

We’re continuing to read, analyze, and discuss your feedback—please continue to post your thoughts in this thread.
Please move the ovens, add more ovens, do something so that an already tedious task is not laggy. It would honestly be best if the “kitchen” was not part of the global tavern at all.
Talk to any cooking npc. Ask them questions. Then ask where to cook. You are able to cook. You don’t need to be at an oven.
They are still *in* the Global Laggy Tavern....
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Everyone talking about cross server trading is missing a big consideration when talking about economy shocks and recoveries. This consideration is 1) who gets the negatives from the shocks, and 2) who gets the benefits from the recovery.
In this case, like with almost everything, the two groups are not the same. Servers like Epona will crumble rather quickly as almost all of their loot gets sold off world, as its value is higher overall than what it goes for on Epona, meanwhile servers like Arawn and Rosmerta that are super closed off will benefit heavily since gear will flow in at cheap prices.
In this, epona suffers, arawn and Rosmerta flourish. This is the issue; while yes benefits are seen in the long run, and yes they may be “net benefits,” which I would say all economic evidence would suggest otherwise, but suppose they are, the benefits will be going to servers/players that don’t need them and wiping out other servers/players from access to game gear.
That's purely speculative. I know from experience from the Dom server I play on that Dom players never buy gear with gold. Why would they when they can do so using their attendance? On servers where the majority of people are in a Dom clan, most would not buy gear from the market. It just doesn't make sense.

If Epona prices go up as u say (which are not cheap by any means for low tier eg and super expensive for top eg) then why would other servers see all that gear flow into there?

Your claim that Epona will crumble is completely unfounded.
I’ve played on 3 different dom servers (arawn, gwyd, herne) and every one of the dom clans has bought more gear than the comp clans .-.
It’s not speculative at all. Because drop rates are intentionally low to create scarcity, demand is much higher than supply.
Give everyone access to an open market where they themselves are a closed market and you have issues.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Everyone talking about cross server trading is missing a big consideration when talking about economy shocks and recoveries. This consideration is 1) who gets the negatives from the shocks, and 2) who gets the benefits from the recovery.
In this case, like with almost everything, the two groups are not the same. Servers like Epona will crumble rather quickly as almost all of their loot gets sold off world, as its value is higher overall than what it goes for on Epona, meanwhile servers like Arawn and Rosmerta that are super closed off will benefit heavily since gear will flow in at cheap prices.
In this, epona suffers, arawn and Rosmerta flourish. This is the issue; while yes benefits are seen in the long run, and yes they may be “net benefits,” which I would say all economic evidence would suggest otherwise, but suppose they are, the benefits will be going to servers/players that don’t need them and wiping out other servers/players from access to game gear.
That's purely speculative. I know from experience from the Dom server I play on that Dom players never buy gear with gold. Why would they when they can do so using their attendance? On servers where the majority of people are in a Dom clan, most would not buy gear from the market. It just doesn't make sense.

If Epona prices go up as u say (which are not cheap by any means for low tier eg and super expensive for top eg) then why would other servers see all that gear flow into there?

Your claim that Epona will crumble is completely unfounded.
I’ve played on 3 different dom servers (arawn, gwyd, herne) and every one of the dom clans has bought more gear than the comp clans .-.
It’s not speculative at all. Because drop rates are intentionally low to create scarcity, demand is much higher than supply.
Give everyone access to an open market where they themselves are a closed market and you have issues.
Very well, in that case, I can see the potential drawbacks of such an implementation.

I still however believe a high enough tax would deter excessive movement of gear from one server to the next while allowing consumes and other useful items through. Of course an outright exclusion of some items to be tradeable would also fix this tho might feel rather limiting.